NBA Live 15

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NBA Live 15

Post by MizzouRah »

Free.. since I'm not much into NBA basketball I think I'll check it out.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

MizzouRah wrote:Free.. since I'm not much into NBA basketball I think I'll check it out.

It's pretty terrible even for free. But give it a shot.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

This series needs to be shutdown. It's that bad and so far off from 2K. It's like the NBA vs the NBADL. Anyone who paid $9 during the sale, i'm sorry and now it's made me question whether I need EA Access. :lol:

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

I had a blast playing this on with Soupa Mac last night. It's not the deepest game around and I have no idea if it completely misses the fundamentals but we had a ton of fun. Maybe it's the pick-up & play aspect that I am enjoying...?!

In what areas specifically is it so bad?
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I don't think it is as bad as people want to make it out to be. I had fun messing around with it, too. When I played it on Early Access, it was clear I was not going to spend $$$ on it over 2K15. But playing it some since it hit the vault has been fun enough.

One thing I like is that I feel like I am in more control of the players. With 2K, I feel like I'm trying to string animations together using a bunch of analog controls I really don't have a handle on. But pick-up and play is definitely the feeling I got. I'm not really executing a real offense, but I can hit several alley oops a game and get the ball to playmakers.

for a casual fan that just wants to play around with current rosters, and doesn't care about a lot of the features 2K offers, it was a great buy at $9, and awesome for free with EA Access. I had a friend message me the other night asking me about the game. I don't think I've seen him play a basketball game in nearly 10 years he's been on my friends list. For him, its a great option. It's not broke, it looks great, and runs super smooth.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

You guys are nuts..Live is a fun game. I think EA did a great job with it.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

2K is very smooth this year. The years where the animations get in the way is almost over. There are some, but most of it's gone. The PS4 version plays super smooth.

Live @ Free will attract the non-NBA gamer for sure. Maybe they can pick up some sales for the next version.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Aristo wrote:I don't think it is as bad as people want to make it out to be. I had fun messing around with it, too. When I played it on Early Access, it was clear I was not going to spend $$$ on it over 2K15. But playing it some since it hit the vault has been fun enough.

One thing I like is that I feel like I am in more control of the players. With 2K, I feel like I'm trying to string animations together using a bunch of analog controls I really don't have a handle on. But pick-up and play is definitely the feeling I got. I'm not really executing a real offense, but I can hit several alley oops a game and get the ball to playmakers.

for a casual fan that just wants to play around with current rosters, and doesn't care about a lot of the features 2K offers, it was a great buy at $9, and awesome for free with EA Access. I had a friend message me the other night asking me about the game. I don't think I've seen him play a basketball game in nearly 10 years he's been on my friends list. For him, its a great option. It's not broke, it looks great, and runs super smooth.
Well put. It's NOT 2K15 but it is fun.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I'm a real casual fan, so I'll give it a whirl this weekend.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I was cleaning some stuff off the HD and forgot I downloaded this from EAA.

For a very casual fan, it's not a bad game to just pick up and play. Halftime and end game ESPN show is kind of neat.