NBA Live 15

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NBA Live 15

Post by tjung0831 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Yikes. Play this and 2K back to back and it's painfully obvious that Live is still 2-3 years away from even competing w this years 2k.

Graphically Live can easily compete. Once the game moves tho...whoa. Animations are ps2 quality.
Comes down to fun factor for me....I'll take the Live's better visuals with those so called "PS2" animations and the fun factor versus the 2K experience.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

sportdan30 wrote:I'm sure all are aware but there is a "casual" mode in 2K15 that plays more like an arcade game.
It's like BB on training wheels. It actually allows me to enjoy the game I otherwise stink at. :)

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

The synergy data is starting to kick in an make Live a much better game than what was released. Game is just playing amazing right now.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

How? After playing the trial, I popped in 2K14, and I couldn't go back. I bought 2K15, and I'm loving it.

But I doubt I will ever pull off an alley oop, but I was able to hit Andrew Wiggins foe one easily in Live 15. So I am genuinely interest to hear how it has improved. I do want a simpler game.

But the play art in the 2K series goes a long ways in keeping me from just spamming the same plays and moves all game.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I've played both games and Live is the more fun game simply because I am in control. I love that I can actually play defense and get rebounds in Live. There is a disconnect between the player and the game in 2K. I simply don't feel in control A LOT of the time in 2K. Like I said before if Live had the animations of 2K it would be hoop heaven.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Diablo25 wrote:I've played both games and Live is the more fun game simply because I am in control. I love that I can actually play defense and get rebounds in Live. There is a disconnect between the player and the game in 2K. I simply don't feel in control A LOT of the time in 2K. Like I said before if Live had the animations of 2K it would be hoop heaven.
Yep...it's going to be my sports game of the year for sure edging out FIFA and Madden. I'm really love Live 15 right now...I don't want to really play anything else.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I recorded this last night....loved this play. A great block, a drive up the court, a nice bounce pass into the paint and then a kickout to the open man for the three!

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10 ... =3&theater
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

tjung0831 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:I've played both games and Live is the more fun game simply because I am in control. I love that I can actually play defense and get rebounds in Live. There is a disconnect between the player and the game in 2K. I simply don't feel in control A LOT of the time in 2K. Like I said before if Live had the animations of 2K it would be hoop heaven.
Yep...it's going to be my sports game of the year for sure edging out FIFA and Madden. I'm really love Live 15 right now...I don't want to really play anything else.
Live does need work though. It is short is some features and other stuff (sliders, etc.) but it is a nice start (restart) to the franchise.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

tjung0831 wrote:I recorded this last night....loved this play. A great block, a drive up the court, a nice bounce pass into the paint and then a kickout to the open man for the three!

We're playing in mud....weeeeeee.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

tjung0831 wrote:I recorded this last night....loved this play. A great block, a drive up the court, a nice bounce pass into the paint and then a kickout to the open man for the three!

Nice little take here.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:

We're playing in mud....weeeeeee.
Playing in the mud? I f you noticed I slowed down the play before I crossed half court. However fast break works just fine in the game...all you have to do is adjust the tempo. Most people just didn't take the time to look over anything and see there is a setting for that. There were also numerous posts about how there were no bounce passes in the game either but as you can see...most people are idiots.
Game is great...go enjoy 2K!
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Different strokes for different folks. I just played a really enjoyable game of 2K15. It's definitely a great game. I really tried to focus on D and played better but it's a process. Im just glad Live is back in the universe at least.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Is there a Live demo not not the 6hr tease on XBL? I swear the XBL UI is still one giant clusterf**k. Trying to find stuff is annoying. :P

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Rodster wrote:Is there a Live demo not not the 6hr tease on XBL? I swear the XBL UI is still one giant clusterf**k. Trying to find stuff is annoying. :P
No, XB1 folks get the ea access version, the full game to try for 6hrs. PS4 folks got a two team demo.
You can always create an additional live account and get another 6hrs of NBA live.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Thanks, i'll see if I can find it on PSN. I tried looking for it 1-2 weeks ago and no luck, all I saw was Live 14.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I didnt know there was a demo out for this game but just found it on PSN. Downloading now, hope it's good.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Inuyasha wrote:I didnt know there was a demo out for this game but just found it on PSN. Downloading now, hope it's good.
It's a very solid game. Much improved graphics with some good gameplay. The animations are decent but far from NBA 2K15. I love how you have control of the players. That's my biggest beef with 2K.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

5 hours left for the demo to download. THE FOCKING DEMO! Next gen at it's finest.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Inuyasha wrote:5 hours left for the demo to download. THE FOCKING DEMO! Next gen at it's finest.
Just remember there is a gameplay update you won't get with the demo
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

It downloaded the update too. Weird.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Played like 4 games and it's ok. It's more up and down and I sort of liked that since it's more arcade mix than NBA 2K which is more sim. The flow is nice and it doesn't get bogged down in animations like 2k. Overall 2K is better but this is a better pickup and play game if you just want to play bball without really thinking about calling plays.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Inuyasha wrote:It downloaded the update too. Weird.
Yeah you just get the first update...there is a patch that has been released that you don't get with the demo I believe. You can probably verify for sure over at OS.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Do I have this right, if you want to play a single game you have to play with the current on-the-floor roster with a team? So if I'm the Wolves, there's no way to play a game with Pekovic and Rubio unless I start a dynasty? That is incredibly stupid. And it doesn't look like there is any way to create a player outside of the rising star mode, either.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

It's now been added to the Vault

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I don't think I'd be happy paying $9. The game has some weird physics. Sometimes the ball has a sticky bounce when the player is dribbling and I've seen the ball hit the rim and take a weird bounce and drop in the basket. Player animation is also pretty weird.

The only two things Live 15 has going for it is it has a great tutorial and it hasn't finished downloading. :lol: