NBA 2K15

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Re: NBA 2K15

Post by icvu42 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
icvu42 wrote:Question about rosters. I am playing in My League. I have 15 players on my roster, but I don't see any way to choose which ones I want active for games. When I go into Front Office, it shows all 15 players, but there is no way to set the active 12. When I go into the edit lineup before a game, two of my players aren't available for me to choose.

Is there any way to adjust this?

Thanks.

Rick
It should be under rotations (in the coaching menu). Where you assign the minutes for each player.
That's what I thought, but there was no option for Rotations. I wonder if it is because I have my subs set to Fatigue and also Manual subs?

I'll check tonight.

Thanks!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

icvu42 wrote:That's what I thought, but there was no option for Rotations. I wonder if it is because I have my subs set to Fatigue and also Manual subs?
It may be in a different location this year (or called something else). I am going off the top of my head too. Wherever it is, it exists because I had to change around all of my minutes in my franchise and I saw it. But that was a one time thing.

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by icvu42 »

icvu42 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:
icvu42 wrote:Question about rosters. I am playing in My League. I have 15 players on my roster, but I don't see any way to choose which ones I want active for games. When I go into Front Office, it shows all 15 players, but there is no way to set the active 12. When I go into the edit lineup before a game, two of my players aren't available for me to choose.

Is there any way to adjust this?

Thanks.

Rick
It should be under rotations (in the coaching menu). Where you assign the minutes for each player.
That's what I thought, but there was no option for Rotations. I wonder if it is because I have my subs set to Fatigue and also Manual subs?

I'll check tonight.

Thanks!
Yeah they really moved it around. I had to go into game plan and then from there you can set player roles and move players on/off the active roster. Honestly for anyone who is new to the game, I think they will have a hard time finding it.

Rick

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I play primarily NBA Today games, but it seems stuck on November 11th. Anyone else notice this issue?
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Got this for $30 on Black Friday and really love it except for two things:

1) Low amount of fouls even with slider adjustments
2) AI doesn't take enough 3s

Hoping those things are addressed in what sounds like a big patch:

http://www.pastapadre.com/2014/12/01/an ... on-the-way

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Massive 2.8 GB patch out today. Too many fixes to mention.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

sportdan30 wrote:Massive 2.8 GB patch out today. Too many fixes to mention.
Great to hear. Not sure if it's live for the XB1 yet.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

The game feels sooooo much better and responsive. I'm in more control on D and feels less like running in mud. Less offensive rebounds (more realistic). Passes are crisp, can walk the ball up the court, animations tighter, overlays work as they should, and you can skip thru dead balls faster.

Love this game and it's even better now.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Just bought this. 52gb game! Is that real or is ps4 lying to me?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Inuyasha wrote:Just bought this. 52gb game! Is that real or is ps4 lying to me?
46 GB on XB1. So your PS4 install size probably is truth.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

game won't work. i downloaded the update, but it keeps going into the spurs/heat game. I go back out to the title screen and it says I have to go to the main menu to install the update. But it won't let me, it keeps going to spurs/heat. can't find a way to get to the main menu. the update is complete and so is the install. wtf 2k!

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

looks like the last update broke this game for new buyers. at least ps4.

everyone on the internet is reporting it.

it gets stuck on the spurs/heat , even after you download the last update.

then it asks you to go to the main menu to enable the update. but you can't get to the main menu. you are stuck with the title screen to play spurs/heat.

2k QA at it's finest.

no time for this bs. i'll just pickup NBA live. at least that game works.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I'm on the PS4, and downloaded the update successfully last night. I was able to play a NBA Today game with no problems. Haven't played it this evening.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

ya but you had the game before the last update right? anyone who bought it new after the update it's not working.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Inuyasha wrote:ya but you had the game before the last update right? anyone who bought it new after the update it's not working.
Ooh I see. Yes, I've had the game since release. Sorry to hear the troubles.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

sportdan30 wrote:The game feels sooooo much better and responsive. I'm in more control on D and feels less like running in mud. Less offensive rebounds (more realistic). Passes are crisp, can walk the ball up the court, animations tighter, overlays work as they should, and you can skip thru dead balls faster.

Love this game and it's even better now.
They also did a really good job adding more fouls and having the AI take more threes. Before the patch, I had fouls and attempt 3-pointers maxed. I went back to default Simulation settings, and there were more fouls and 3 attempts than with the pre-patch settings at 100. Fouls at default are probably still too low but they aren't way off like before the patch.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I have the XB1 version and have seen no patch. Was it delayed due to the problems?
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

pk500 wrote:I have the XB1 version and have seen no patch. Was it delayed due to the problems?
Not sure why, but it is not out for XB1 or for anyone outside of the US.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

pk500 wrote:I have the XB1 version and have seen no patch. Was it delayed due to the problems?
From what I saw at OS, I think it's just taking longer for MS to certify it.

bkrich83
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bkrich83 »

Update has been great for me. Defense is much more responsive to the point that I feel like I can actually play defense for the first time since getting the game.

Overlays work as designed and I've seen a bunch I hadn't seen ever.
-BK

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

bkrich83 wrote:Update has been great for me. Defense is much more responsive to the point that I feel like I can actually play defense for the first time since getting the game.

Overlays work as designed and I've seen a bunch I hadn't seen ever.
Great to hear about the defense. That is my biggest beef with the game. Now if MS would just push it out for us XB1 owners.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Brando70 wrote:
Thanks for the update, Brando and Aristo!

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I've played about a half dozen games or so since the patch, and I think 2k15 is the best basketball game I've ever played now. Fouls are now both an issue and something to exploit offensively, and the computer uses 3-pointers more and more effectively. If I leave a good outside shooter open, it's likely he will take the shot unless there's a reason not to.

I am also enjoying the off-court stuff in My GM mode. I'm playing as the Bulls, and I've had younger players asking me to ramp up training intensity while older players have asked for it to reduce it. I've also had a couple of reasonable trade offers from AI teams. All in all, this is some of the most fun I have had with a sports game.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

pk500 wrote:
Brando70 wrote:
Thanks for the update, Brando and Aristo!
FYI, the last thing I heard now is that Microsoft returned the patch pack to 2K. So 2K has to fix whatever issue is in place, and then get rectified by Microsoft. So it doesn't seem like it will be out any day now.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Brando70 wrote:I've played about a half dozen games or so since the patch, and I think 2k15 is the best basketball game I've ever played now. Fouls are now both an issue and something to exploit offensively, and the computer uses 3-pointers more and more effectively. If I leave a good outside shooter open, it's likely he will take the shot unless there's a reason not to.

I am also enjoying the off-court stuff in My GM mode. I'm playing as the Bulls, and I've had younger players asking me to ramp up training intensity while older players have asked for it to reduce it. I've also had a couple of reasonable trade offers from AI teams. All in all, this is some of the most fun I have had with a sports game.
The game is a masterpiece but i'm not having any fun because i really suck at it. I like the My Team mode too but I keep losing. Any tips to stop the high scoring CPU offense? I can get back into a game maybe 2-3 points but then the cpu goes on a 10-0 run on me seemingly everytime.