Madden 15

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Madden 15

Post by Rodster »

Fellas, I looked but didn't see an open Madden 15 thread. Apologies if it's been created.

With that out of the way. Is EA going to issue a Madden 15 demo this year? I checked Pastapadre's site and it wasn't mentioned.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden 15

Post by MizzouRah »

With EA Access, who needs demos? :)

Just kidding.. I know the ps4 folks will want one.. I thought PP leaked some info on a demo, did he pull it off his site?

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

MizzouRah wrote:With EA Access, who needs demos? :)

Just kidding.. I know the ps4 folks will want one.. I thought PP leaked some info on a demo, did he pull it off his site?
He pulled it because there wasn't actually an EA confirmation of a demo. If there is going to be one though, this coming Tuesday would be two weeks ahead of the retail release date.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I want to join EA Access but I don't know when that will kickstart?

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Rodster wrote:I want to join EA Access but I don't know when that will kickstart?
I signed up for the beta.. but nothing. :(

With Madden coming out soon, they must have it just about ready to go.. one would think.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Madden NFL 15 won't be playable early unless you pay for EA Access

You'll only be able to play Madden NFL 15 before its Aug. 26 launch if you own an Xbox One and subscribe to EA Access. There will be no publicly available demo, a representative for publisher Electronic Arts confirmed to Polygon today.

That bucks a trend nearly a decade long. EA has released a downloadable demo on consoles for every Madden title since Madden NFL 06 in 2005, although that game's trial came out shortly after the title itself launched alongside the Xbox 360. A playable Madden demo is traditionally available approximately two weeks prior to release.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/11/599106 ... -ea-access
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Probably no demo's for NHL or FIFA on PS4 either. Don't care...still happy with Sony and both of my PS4's this time around. I don't see an Xbone making an entrance in my house any time soon.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

vader29 wrote:Madden NFL 15 won't be playable early unless you pay for EA Access

You'll only be able to play Madden NFL 15 before its Aug. 26 launch if you own an Xbox One and subscribe to EA Access. There will be no publicly available demo, a representative for publisher Electronic Arts confirmed to Polygon today.

That bucks a trend nearly a decade long. EA has released a downloadable demo on consoles for every Madden title since Madden NFL 06 in 2005, although that game's trial came out shortly after the title itself launched alongside the Xbox 360. A playable Madden demo is traditionally available approximately two weeks prior to release.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/11/599106 ... -ea-access
Is there a hint/date when EA Access will go Live for everyone?

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Rodster wrote: Is there a hint/date when EA Access will go Live for everyone?
From twitter today:
Currently, we are in a closed beta - we will be announcing the launch date soon!
http://twitter.com/EAAccess/status/498849441701715968
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

It's not like there has been a Madden demo that has been worth a crap. The quarters are too short and the game is usually far from finished. It's no real loss, even though I would have downloaded it anyway.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

One of the interesting things I heard about EA Access is that EA was in part motivated by social media. Or more accurately the forums, where people seemed excited to get early access to the new games.

It would be funny if people who played early denounced the game about to be released and it impacted sales.

But usually, first impressions are positive and then after several more weeks, people post about the negatives.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

wco81 wrote:One of the interesting things I heard about EA Access is that EA was in part motivated by social media. Or more accurately the forums, where people seemed excited to get early access to the new games.

It would be funny if people who played early denounced the game about to be released and it impacted sales.

But usually, first impressions are positive and then after several more weeks, people post about the negatives.
I'll just wait for it to show up in the Vault whenever they release it.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

There is going to be an NHL Demo so I don't think this entirely had to do with EA Access. Plus that Polygon headline is making an assumption Madden 15 wiull be playable early, something I haven't seen confirmed yet.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled back on the NHL demo.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Took advantage of the Best Buy Madden Deal. Traded in 25, got a $25 gift card, pre-ordered with it and got another $10 coupon for it. Game will cost me $25 when it comes out, not bad.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Lots of Madden 15 gameplay videos along with new presentation elements over at OS.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

I've seen the commercials on the NFL Network, 49ers-Seahawks. The uniforms are reflective?

Looked clean but who know, it might have been pre rendered.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

The Washington vs Philadelphia game looks pretty damn good. I'm excited for this year's game on xb1.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

That new Madden commercial represents so much of what I hate about Madden.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/15/600623 ... unmissable

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Aristo wrote:That new Madden commercial represents so much of what I hate about Madden.
I thought it was great, just a little too long. Nice rap parody in the middle. :D

MizzouRah wrote:The Washington vs Philadelphia game looks pretty damn good. I'm excited for this year's game on xb1.
Me too. I skipped Madden 25 (not going to bother with it on EA Access at this point) so Madden 15 will be my first football game on the new console.
Last edited by Pete1210 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Pete1210 wrote:
Aristo wrote:That new Madden commercial represents so much of what I hate about Madden.
I thought it was great, just a little too long. Nice rap parody in the middle. :D
It mostly just reminded that there is still very little point in playing randoms who view winning at Madden as sort of confirmation of their manhood. The video just kind of celebrates the the worst part of online gaming.

I'm still in for Madden this year. But it is mostly the lack of NCAA, and EA's exclusive deal with the NFL.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Pete1210 wrote:Me too. I skipped Madden 25 (not going to bother with it on EA Access at this point) so Madden 15 will be my first football game on the new console.
So did I and I'm not bothering with Madden 25 either. Damn.. if Madden is decent and I know NHL 15 is going to be great.. could be many late nights and the xb1 finally getting a good workout.

I just received my play and charge kit today.. going to need it. :)

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

So Madden should be out today or tomorrow on EA.. it's been a LONG time since I played Madden.

What quarter lengths and run off time is decent?

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

MizzouRah wrote:So Madden should be out today or tomorrow on EA.. it's been a LONG time since I played Madden.

Been playing Madden 25 just to get used to the pro game again. I've had good results with the runoff set to :15 seconds left and 13 minute quarters.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Aristo wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:So Madden should be out today or tomorrow on EA.. it's been a LONG time since I played Madden.

Been playing Madden 25 just to get used to the pro game again. I've had good results with the runoff set to :15 seconds left and 13 minute quarters.
Thanks!