The NFL 2014-2015

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The NFL 2014-2015

Post by Danimal »

An Emery will go untouched which is a shame. Karma is a b*tch and Emery is feeling it right now.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Danimal wrote:An Emery will go untouched which is a shame. Karma is a b*tch and Emery is feeling it right now.
It's pretty rare for a GM to get whacked with only one chance at a coach. The Browns did Lombardi last year that way, but by and large they usually get two shots to get it right.

Not saying he deserves it, but I think he'll get it.

Missing on Arians, especially the way that it's detailed in the last issue of SI, makes this all look even worse.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Should that rule apply to a GM that took a club from back to back 8-8 seasons, and promptly sent them to 4-12, 4-12, and now 0-9?

The Raiders would have to go 4-3 the rest of the way just to make a 4-12 season "normal". That won't happen.

But if you go on to 0-16 after 4-12 seasons, I'm not sure you should get a second coach to prove you are bad.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

TCrouch wrote:Should that rule apply to a GM that took a club from back to back 8-8 seasons, and promptly sent them to 4-12, 4-12, and now 0-9?

The Raiders would have to go 4-3 the rest of the way just to make a 4-12 season "normal". That won't happen.

But if you go on to 0-16 after 4-12 seasons, I'm not sure you should get a second coach to prove you are bad.
Don't get me wrong. It's a terrible damn idea and makes no logical sense.

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

RobVarak wrote:
Danimal wrote:An Emery will go untouched which is a shame. Karma is a b*tch and Emery is feeling it right now.
It's pretty rare for a GM to get whacked with only one chance at a coach. The Browns did Lombardi last year that way, but by and large they usually get two shots to get it right.

Not saying he deserves it, but I think he'll get it.

Missing on Arians, especially the way that it's detailed in the last issue of SI, makes this all look even worse.
I agree with you, but there is something wrong up their clearly. The Bears should make some examples today. cut some players both safeties would be a start. The organization doesn't have the balls to do that.
Follow Me on:

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

This is like the wanne years all over again. Same quotes by the current hc too "he's got a knee".

Mccaskeys never change. Can't belive Phillips is still there after all these years. They were running thing when I was living there and I'm talking Reagan administration.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Danimal wrote: The Bears should make some examples today. cut some players both safeties would be a start. The organization doesn't have the balls to do that.
Somebody needs to make a Vine out of Conte's hopping around on that TD where they blew the coverage on Nelson. He runs up to blitz, Briggs checks out of it and when the ball is snapped Conte runs around in a circle like Curly from the Three Stooges.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

RobVarak wrote: Somebody needs to make a Vine out of Conte's hopping around on that TD where they blew the coverage on Nelson. He runs up to blitz, Briggs checks out of it and when the ball is snapped Conte runs around in a circle like Curly from the Three Stooges.
In fairness to Conte he has been concussed so many times this season he thought he saw a rabbit and started chasing it.

No seriously in all fairness to Conte he shouldn't even be on the roster.
Follow Me on:

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

No changes to the staff.

Congrats to the Bears for apparently successfully reanimating the corpse of Bill Wirtz.

This is one of the most surreal press conferences I've ever seen. Trestman has completely taken leave of his senses.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

RobVarak wrote:No changes to the staff.
On the bright side, that should elevate the 2015 draft pick.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Inuyasha wrote:Image
Now thats funny. :lol:

Bears talk today was so weird and a blast for a Rams fan :P

Fans and team 100 % juxtaposed. I dont even know if thats a word but I had fun. :)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I actually like the kid thew Rams have playing QB and I would take him, f*** I would take Hoyer over Cutler. If I were the Rams I would move forward with him over the guy who keeps getting hurt, jeeze I forgot his name he has been so useless.
Follow Me on:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Danimal wrote:I actually like the kid thew Rams have playing QB and I would take him, f*** I would take Hoyer over Cutler. If I were the Rams I would move forward with him over the guy who keeps getting hurt, jeeze I forgot his name he has been so useless.

Yes he is MR GLASS!...... but he had a higher qb rating than your guy last year. ...but not your other guy. :wink: :lol:

I find it amazing that no one in bear land noticed that a a 34 yr old washed up qb did SO MUCH BETTER with the same team.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

The one thing I'm hoping for is for Tampa to lay a beat down on the Bears. I would love to see Lovie win and Josh put up 400 yards passing. Whatever it takes to get everyone fired at this point is fine with me. If you give up 106 points in 2 games and you stay pat, you've lost your fan base.
Follow Me on:

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I would care more if firing anyone one the Bears would either lead to some changes or deprive the coaches from collecting salaries for being terrible. But while getting rid of Tucker or Trestman might feel good for a minute, it's not going to keep this shitty underperforming team from being shitty. However, the Bears have to pull a Theo and make a bold move for the next coach. They need to hire a guy who you don't have to look up to know who he is. He also needs to be an offensive-minded coach (or hire a really good OC), because this defense is too much of a hot mess to fix in one or even two offseasons.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I can't get over how much you Bears fans whine. Weren't you just in the playoffs a few years ago? Aren't you competitive in most games?

I will say this every time I read this thread--you people have no idea how good you have it! :lol:

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

TCrouch wrote:I can't get over how much you Bears fans whine. Weren't you just in the playoffs a few years ago? Aren't you competitive in most games?

I will say this every time I read this thread--you people have no idea how good you have it! :lol:

Well yeah, but we have expectations of ourselves beyond those set by new kids on the block franchises like the Raiders. :)

In all seriousness, I think the escape from Al's clutches isn't quite far enough in the rear-view mirror. They'll figure it out. Probably wouldn't hurt if there weren't some in the organization so openly pining after Gruden.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

If my Eagles go into Green Bay and dump the Pack #1, my man crush on Sanchez will escalate quickly. #2, I am going to be scared because the Birds would have to be considered one of the top 2 or 3 Super Bowl contenders. Gonna be fun on Sunday.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by icvu42 »

Glad to see the Dolphins break their losing skid to the Bills. They are finally using an offense that plays to Tannehill's strengths. With 6 games left, they have 3 games they must win, Minnesota and 2 against the Jets. Then hopefully they can find a way to win one against Baltimore (most likely), Denver, or at NE.

I hope those two last minute losses to GB & Detroit don't come back to bite them.

Rick

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Rams looking for the upset.
http://goo.gl/cscDGG
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Wow.. I haven't seen the Rams play like that since the greatest show on turf. Well done boys!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Been a decade since I got this happy....So proud to be a Ram fan day. One stupid lapse and we shut out manning and the Broncos.

That was our( Rams fans) Super bowl and our boys kicked ass!!!!!!

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Thank you Rams! The Chiefs are now tied with the Broncos in the AFC West, and get the Broncos at home in two weeks. In between they get the Raiders on Thursday night, so they get 10 days to prepare for Manning.

This has been a really weird season.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

You are very welcome!

After the decade of s*** I have watched Im pretty f***in happy today! Beaten both SB teams!

RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!