EA Access

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: EA Access

Post by wco81 »

Sony made a mistake.

I'm hoping the XBL free trial thing takes off and Sony has to follow suit.

Though if it's only of games released months later when they might have reached the bargain bin, the luster is off a bit. But if it's included with the XBL Gold subscription, they made it a better product.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

One more time in English. Thank you.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

XXXIV wrote:
Danimal wrote:
Aristo wrote:I still think it is weird when people are grateful to Sony for not letting them choose.
Weird is a nice way to put it. If anyone thinks Sony did this with the premise of looking out for their customers they are a flipping idiot.
I do not see where any sony customer has said they are grateful for getting f***ed.
I would have definitely purchased EA Access on the PS4. Heck yeah I'm envious but what can I do? 5 years ago I would have really been upset, but my gaming time as a whole is waning so waiting a few extra days is not really a big deal. The dated free games is a nice benefit, and I'm sure it'd warrant the purchase even without the early access. Still, I have purchased many of those titles.

Sony opted out because of Playstation Now. That's very clear to me.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I never purchased EA and now that I have it I'm like a little kid, checking to see if NHL 15 just might be up tonight :) I'm going to play the crap out of it tomorrow!

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

i think it's out, watching ppl play it on twitch :

http://www.twitch.tv/baileylakings

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Not sure how the dude had access as I didn't see it available yet. But from what I saw, it's a step up for sure from the demo, faces are much more accurate, nice NBC presentation and the commentary was good with Ray Ferraro providing good insight. Puck physics are improved again and even the crowd reaction were fun to watch.

Look forward to the weekend.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

the graphics didnt look as bad as the demo either. Not great, but it looks like a little more color rather than the bland demo appearance. Also looks like they worked on the ice. More shimmer in the retail version vs the lifeless white plastic look from the demo. We should move this onto the NHL impression thread.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Downloading now :)
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Diablo25 wrote:Downloading now :)
Same here. I am getting my six hours.

I see on the download screen that there is an ultimate edition of the game coming out. Is that the one that has all 30 NHL teams?

ZXLT
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by ZXLT »

XXXIV wrote:
I see on the download screen that there is an ultimate edition of the game coming out. Is that the one that has all 30 NHL teams?
No, it only has 28 teams. The last two are available as a bonus if you buy 100 HUT packs.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

ZXLT wrote:
XXXIV wrote:
No, it only has 28 teams. The last two are available as a bonus if you buy 100 HUT packs.
Are you sure its only 100 HUT packs? Knowing this scum, they may want an additional $59.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Need for Speed Rivals has been added to EA Access Vault.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Pete1210 wrote:Need for Speed Rivals has been added to EA Access Vault.
Thanks!

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

question - for older games like FIFA 14, do they also have a play limit of 6 hours or is it unlimited?

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Inuyasha wrote:question - for older games like FIFA 14, do they also have a play limit of 6 hours or is it unlimited?
FIFA 14 is yours as long as you have access.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Never really played Need for Speed.. but I'm having blast chasing cars as a cop!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Inuyasha wrote:question - for older games like FIFA 14, do they also have a play limit of 6 hours or is it unlimited?
Unlimited as long as you're an Access member. I signed up for $30 for the year today. Think it's a great value, considering the games in The Vault, the 10 percent discount on digital downloads of EA games and the early full-game trials.

Getting FIFA 14, Battlefield 4 and NFS: Rivals for $30 already justified the purchase, in spades.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

pk500 wrote:
Unlimited as long as you're an Access member. I signed up for $30 for the year today. Think it's a great value, considering the games in The Vault, the 10 percent discount on digital downloads of EA games and the early full-game trials.

Getting FIFA 14, Battlefield 4 and NFS: Rivals for $30 already justified the purchase, in spades.
Yeah, the only downside for me is that I already owned all but BF4 and NFS: Rivals digitally. But man, if one was getting an XB1 right now, it is a HUGE great deal. And I really expect some games to start hitting, like PVZ:GW.

And don't sleep on Peggle 2. I don't know if you played Peggle on the 360, but Peggle 2 is a great sequel to the game. And free is a pretty good price to give its try.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Aristo wrote: Yeah, the only downside for me is that I already owned all but BF4 and NFS: Rivals digitally. But man, if one was getting an XB1 right now, it is a HUGE great deal.
That would be me, my friend! :)
Aristo wrote:And don't sleep on Peggle 2. I don't know if you played Peggle on the 360, but Peggle 2 is a great sequel to the game. And free is a pretty good price to give its try.
I'll give it a go. Can't beat free. :)

Thanks.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I agree. EA's done a great job with this. Now I just need 2k Games to do the same thing!
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Peggle 2 was great, we finished it in two nights.. that's how much fun it is to play with the family. :) we even purchased the two extra levels.

NFS is freaking awesome.. my daughter is much better than I am.. LOL...

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

greggsand wrote:I agree. EA's done a great job with this. Now I just need 2k Games to do the same thing!
I'm waiting for a Ubisoft version!
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Spooky wrote:
greggsand wrote:I agree. EA's done a great job with this. Now I just need 2k Games to do the same thing!
I'm waiting for a Ubisoft version!
IMO, this is digital distribution done right and this is how it will catch on. I also think that companies like EA should do a literal "Season Pass" i.e. X amount of games for $120 with release day.

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Question, as a non-subscriber.

For the 6 hour trials... are these active only during the pre-release window for a game? In other words, if I subscribed to the service for access to the Vault and for the discount, are trials still available for games that are post-release, like Madden, FIFA, NHL?

TIA

Bakes
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Bakes »

GameSeven wrote:Question, as a non-subscriber.

For the 6 hour trials... are these active only during the pre-release window for a game? In other words, if I subscribed to the service for access to the Vault and for the discount, are trials still available for games that are post-release, like Madden, FIFA, NHL?

TIA
I'm not 100% as I don't have EA Access yet but I'm pretty sure you can use the 6 hour trial over any period of time (ie after release).