EA Access

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: EA Access

Post by MizzouRah »

Just purchased a year.. downloading BF 4 and Peggle 2 now. Should be able to download Madden 15 in about 10 days.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Regarding the new sports coming up, does anyone know if Major Nelson clarified the fact that we may play up to 2 hours total in that five day period or one can go beyond that? That's what holding me up at this point.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

It depends on the game. They are not going too let you play Dragon Age for five days, beat it, and then never buy it. So it will have limits in place. This has never been an issue with sports games. I will be shocked if the sports games are not exactly what they were for the Season Pass.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Aristo wrote:It depends on the game. They are not going too let you play Dragon Age for five days, beat it, and then never buy it. So it will have limits in place. This has never been an issue with sports games. I will be shocked if the sports games are not exactly what they were for the Season Pass.
Yeah, I surely hope that the sports games last as long as the 3 days that they did with the 360, but I haven't heard any confirmation from EA yet. If they stick strictly to the 2 hours I am no game.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Pete1210 wrote:EA Access is now available for all XB1 users!

May not be an icon yet, but you should be able to find it by search.
Good looking out Pete!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote: Yeah, I surely hope that the sports games last as long as the 3 days that they did with the 360, but I haven't heard any confirmation from EA yet. If they stick strictly to the 2 hours I am no game.
Waiting to hear as well.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

For sports game EA Access is the FULL release game.

http://www.cnet.com/news/madden-15-only ... ea-access/
The game maker is, however, offering exclusive full-game availability of Madden 15 to customers of its new EA Access subscription service for five days prior to its release.
EA's subscription service, however, boasted as one of its perks the option to try new releases five days prior to launch. A demo is only a taste of a game and sometimes even that small slice is enough to get a customer to fork over $60 for a new release. However, oftentimes it is not, which is partially what drives the use of rental services, such as Gamefly, and used-game purchases from GameStop.
By giving gamers full-game access for five straight days through EA Access, the experience may prove better at converting on-the-fence customers into buyers on launch day, especially if they've been entrenching themselves in all the game has to offer and not just what a demo would typically allow. "And if you want to keep playing? Your progress in the trial will be saved so you can pick up right where you left off if you decide to purchase the game,"
Updated at 12:20 p.m. PT: Clarified that EA Access offers full-game access to select titles like Madden 15 and updated story with confirmation from the company.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Played Peggle 2 with my 12 year old daughter tonight.. what a fantastic little puzzle game. :)

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

The vault games (BF4, FIFA14, Peggle 2, Madden 25) that come with EA Access were enough to sell me, especially once EA stated games will not be removed, only added, to the vault.

I got $24 for my BF4 disc, so its $6 for my year of EA Access. I would have gladly paid $6 just for upgrading BF4 to digital. Like others mentioned no disc swapping is a pleasure.

I downloaded FIFA 14 and Peggle 2, both of which I'd never owned. I think I'll pass on Madden 25, since I'll be able to play Madden 15 next week.

The vault is a great way for new XB1 owners to get an "instant game collection" for $30. Microsoft should put out a bundle with this while its still exclusive to XB1.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Agreed Pete.. one would think Sony will get on board sooner than later.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

So - is there any information at all about what constitutes when and why a game goes to 'The Vault'? I already own digital copies of both FIFA 14 and BF4 so while I know there will eventually be more games, it would be great to know what and when so I am not paying months of "access" for two games.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Spooky wrote:So - is there any information at all about what constitutes when and why a game goes to 'The Vault'? I already own digital copies of both FIFA 14 and BF4 so while I know there will eventually be more games, it would be great to know what and when so I am not paying months of "access" for two games.
For Sports games you'll probably see them added when the season is almost or over. I don't expect to see Madden 15 until maybe Feb-Mar, same for FIFA. The other games will probably get added when the game has finished it's sales peak and they look to cash in DLC sales like BF4.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I suspect they will be used mostly to help market new versions of games, or to get a bump in attachment when new DLC is coming for a game that s not selling much anymore.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

After watching the Dragon's Age Inquisition stuff on IGN at Gamescom, I'm excited to see that hit the vault later this year for a trial.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

pastapadre is reporting that Madden 15 is limited to 6 hours of game play with the early access.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2014/08/18/ma ... -six-hours
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

vader29 wrote:pastapadre is reporting that Madden 15 is limited to 6 hours of game play with the early access.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2014/08/18/ma ... -six-hours
Just don't get it. Season pass was unlimited play albeit it was for three days, now with access you get five days to get everyone excited and probably a bunch of new subscribers in, just to announce you can only play it up to six hours with Madden.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

That's the equivalent of 6 games, possibly 2-3 more. Doesn't seem that bad if you're playing one game a day, it'll take you up to release day.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

sportdan30 wrote:That's the equivalent of 6 games, possibly 2-3 more. Doesn't seem that bad if you're playing one game a day, it'll take you up to release day.
But two of those days are Saturday and Sunday. That's going to be annoying when it runs out then.

And I'll rip through six hours of NHL 15 in no time. I hope they rethink this.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

sportdan30 wrote:That's the equivalent of 6 games, possibly 2-3 more. Doesn't seem that bad if you're playing one game a day, it'll take you up to release day.
Taken in that context I agree but now think about this. 360 owners with Season Ticket get a better deal. 3 days, unlimited access.

Essentially there is no demo, you have to pay $4.99 to get 6 hours of game time. It's a step backwards with no other purpose then to milk money from their customer base. It sucks for people who jumped in right away for $30.

Next up the NHL bomb shell.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Yeah I don't get it...

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

MizzouRah wrote:Yeah I don't get it...
I was probably much less likely to spend $30 on this if they had made this clear. I think it is bullshit, to be honest. I would have wanted to wait for more games to be put in the The Vault, since BF4 is the only one I don't already own digitally.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yep...feels like a total bait and switch. My fault for not waiting until the night before Madden releases, but I'll skip the renewal, for sure. I had Season Ticket every year since it was announced, but no more of this. 6 hours? Please.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

TCrouch wrote:Yep...feels like a total bait and switch. My fault for not waiting until the night before Madden releases, but I'll skip the renewal, for sure. I had Season Ticket every year since it was announced, but no more of this. 6 hours? Please.
Total bait and switch. Definitely not going to give them my 30 bucks now. I thought about it when it was made available, but never got around to it. Now...no way. Six hours is NOTHING.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I dont get it either.

I only got it for the month to play hockey but I was liking the vault with FIFA and BF... Was having a change of heart and thinking of getting it for a year but you can pretty much forget about it now.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

E.lectronic A.ssholes