EA Access

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: EA Access

Post by pk500 »

Prediction: A Way Out, the EA prison escape co-op game, will be on Access within the next couple of months. The game is on sale everywhere for $20 or less.

I can't believe A Way Out sold 2 million copies. I sensed zero buzz for this game online and in the gaming media.
Last edited by pk500 on Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I thought it was only like $20 when I bought it the day it came out. It definitely wasn't full price. Maybe it was $40, I don't remember, but it was pretty cheap to begin with.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I've never even heard of it.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

TCrouch wrote:I thought it was only like $20 when I bought it the day it came out. It definitely wasn't full price. Maybe it was $40, I don't remember, but it was pretty cheap to begin with.
How was it? Fun? Anything creative or innovative?
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I got it because my daughter and I could play couch co-op, and it was pretty entertaining, as far as that goes. It was definitely something different, as you'll end up with the screen split from each character's perspective. And it's not like the "normal" split screen you'd see in co-op games. Sometimes one person is in a full cut scene, with the other guy sneaking around in live action.

For example, one guy might distract a guard with conversation stuff, while the other sneaks around behind and knocks him out. Each has their own perspective of what's going on, which was pretty cool. Or using synchronous button presses to cooperatively climb a vertical ventilation shaft, back-to-back. Pretty cool stuff. I thought it was actually pretty need, and I liked that they tried to do something different.

I'd recommend playing it when it hits EA Access (and I even enjoyed it at full price, whatever that was. It definitely wasn't higher than 40 bucks, but I THINK it was 29.99 at release), but be advised you have to have a buddy to play it. You can't solo play it, I don't think.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

BFV will be available for the 10 hours trial. I preordered mine already, looking forward to see what improvements they’ve made from the Beta.

Thanks for the heads up Diablo...

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Yeah tomorrow it is also available for premier access members on the PC so I'll start trying it. Honestly $100 I've gotten Madden, FIFA. SW BF 2, BF 5 will get Anthem next year and a whole slew of other games. I fully expect EA to jack up the price of premier because it is a steal right now.
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

BFV Trial is up on EA Access :D
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Diablo25 wrote:BFV Trial is up on EA Access :D
Yep. Not feeling it at all. Bored. Back to RDR2.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Agree with Teal. My quick impression of BF V after playing for a night: Beautiful ... and boring.

It's Battlefield. Nothing new other than maps. And the maps I played last night didn't feel that much different than BF 1. Nor did the weapons.

Access pays for itself again, and then some. I have no plans to buy BF V after this trial until its price drops to at least $30 or lower. It's just not worth it. I can't believe I'm typing this sentence, but I would far rather play COD: Black Ops 4.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:
Agree with Teal. My quick impression of BF V after playing for a night: Beautiful ... and boring.

It's Battlefield. Nothing new other than maps. And the maps I played last night didn't feel that much different than BF 1. Nor did the weapons.

Access pays for itself again, and then some. I have no plans to buy BF V after this trial until its price drops to at least $30 or lower. It's just not worth it. I can't believe I'm typing this sentence, but I would far rather play COD: Black Ops 4.
Yep. Its a gorgeous game with the same BF formula which has its positives. Plus their version of Battle Royal isnt due out until after the new year...maybe even March. I wont be buying. COD Blackout, RDR2, Spider-Man and my other library of games will EASILY get me to...wait for it PK...The Division 2!!! ACO is out there too. I want to play that but I need to get thru RDR2 first.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Played the War Stories single player for a few hours since that is what all the negativity was about. The game is the best looking shooter out IMO and the single player War Stories are fun and a bit better then BF 1. I guess if you're an angry white guy who thinks everything is being taken away from you then you might not like the stories as the opening sequence bounces you from theater to theater where you encounter a lot of different ethnicities.

I actually found it a lot more fun then the beta, sure it is Battlefield game play but levying the criticism that it's just another Battlefield is the same as saying COD is just another COD. So from a game play stand point it's as good if not better then BF 1 and if you've had enough of that then you probably won't like this game.

I didn't even dive into the MP yet as I just wanted to see how it looked. The air battles are some the the prettiest things I've seen, watching pieces of a bombers win break apart as I hit it, or a BF 109 start to trail smoke after getting shot up is out standing. Unfortunate the aircraft controls feel sluggish like every BF game, if they could tighten those up I would just love to fly planes all day long.

Anyway just my 2 cents, I wouldn't write this game off if your a BF fan but with so many other good games out it's a pick your poison kind of fall.
Follow Me on:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I always said that for those that enjoyed BF1, if you played the Beta and you’re mainly a MP like myself, that you would find V as enjoyable. And I played the heck out of BF1. This early access is better than the Beta. Maps are much better.

Yes there’s a same mechanics feel to the game, I don’t think Dice is trying to create anything new here but playing as Assault and Medic so far in my limited Conquest games I found the battles more hectic and the weapons more powerful than in BF1, gunplay in general is very responsive, and it feels like you can drop people with less bullets than in BF1.

Movement seems more rapid, more fluid than before.

There’s a lot more customizations to your soldier and specialization to your arsenal without opening stupid packs.

Will eventually play the stories, I hear there’s another episode that unlocks once you’ve played the main one.

And as everyone have experienced so far, the visuals are just incredible here as well as the sound atmosphere.

RDR2 has taken a lot of my time in going back to Blackout and I will probably not play it as much originally as BF1 but for me this is a solid title, different pace and shooter that will trap my attention in due time.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Danimal wrote:I guess if you're an angry white guy who thinks everything is being taken away from you then you might not like the stories as the opening sequence bounces you from theater to theater where you encounter a lot of different ethnicities.
See, I can't stand this talking point. It wasn't fair or accurate when EA decided to make it a talking point, and it still isn't. PK and I discussed it last night. It's that, if you're going to make a game about and around WWII, historical accuracy, at least in the locales and those in it, need to be represented, y'know...historically. Bionic women in leather trenchcoats did not exist in WWII. That was the beef. So EA took that complaint and made it into some sexist, racist, mysogynistic garbage that was never uttered by most of the complainers. And the ethnicities charge is equally goofy, as none of these complaints were made when BF1 was being played. Even when you played as a middle eastern woman in the desert. So let's not perpetuate that idiocy from EA. It was an SJW response to a simple fact that goofily-clad women weren't in WWII, much less with prosthetics that could handle a weapon more efficiently than a person with two hands.

Now....that aside...

I'll give BFV some credit. The visuals, as have been stated, are stunning. The animations are much improved. (I love that you can sprint while crouched. Don't know why it's taken so long to make that happen). And I was bored playing Conquest. But the Grand Operations are a lot better, because you all start in one place, and aren't spread out all over the map. It makes the outset, at least, of every match "feel" like a war that you're connected to. I really enjoyed that. The War Stories mission you are given for the trial was pretty good. Not great by any measure, and most certainly not realistic (if you played the entire story, you know what I mean...the last mission... :roll: ).

But here is another complaint. I had to stop playing it while my kids were awake. Holy crap, why is it a staple in games now to drop multiple f-bombs? For Pete's sake, I don't mind language too much, but these brits were very hard to understand in the first place, and "f*** you, you f***in fuckity f*** f***" (Sounded like PK...lol) just isn't necessary to get the point across.

That said, because they're not focusing on recognizable theaters of war, this game really just feels like BF1.5. I'm bored because I spent months already playing most of these maps in BF1. The controls are better, the guns are incrementally more accurate, but I want Carentan. I want Utah and Omaha beach. I want Stalingrad. I want Dunkirk. The Battle of the Bulge. Market Garden. Not some generic desert. Again. Or some generic snow level. Again. Could be playing SWBF in those levels and not bat an eye.

I have jumped at every BF game ever made for consoles. Giddy at the thought of getting a new one. But just not this time. And it's not because I'm some racist, sexist pig. But because I cherish historical adherence in an historical game, and I want WWII to 'feel' like WWII. And this ain't it.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Agree 100 percent with Teal, and I'm far from the stereotypical angry old white dude. White and old, yes. Angry? Yeah, at the guy occupying our White House. Sorry, Dan, no MAGA hat ever has touched my head or ever will. But I hope the gross, sweeping generalization was fun for you.

I don't want to pay full price for BF V because -- with full credit to Teal for this description -- it's BF 1.5. The maps are prettier but don't feel that much different than BF 1. The guns are a bit more accurate, which is realistic for the period. But it's pretty much the same game other than being able to sprint crouched. Oh, boy -- that's an "innovation" worth $60.

But EA should call this game Battlefield V WWII Black Ops because that's what it is. There are ways to advance the breed while staying historically accurate, but EA is getting lazy and playing the politically correct game to the hilt instead.

COD introduced Battle Royale to Black Ops at launch. It's not some mode that will be available for download in a few months. I paid the $60 -- I should have all modes available at the start. Instead, we get this arrogant sh*t from EA:

https://wccftech.com/battlefield-v-dela ... planation/

Pure BS. Either EA's Battle Royale isn't as fleshed out right now as COD: BO4 or even PUBG, so it's delaying. Great. But I have fallen in love with Battle Royale, as no other shooter mode creates so much tension for me. And if BF V doesn't have it at launch, then I'm not that interested in the game because there is no other compelling new reason to buy BF 1.5, er, BF V for me.

Games REALLY need to stand out for me in this era of Game Pass, EA Access and significant price drops within three months of launch. BF V doesn't meet the $60 standard for me, especially with the glut of AAA titles recently released. But I'm not sure BF V would clear the $60 bar for me even if there was a dearth of good titles released in the last three months.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote:Agree 100 percent with Teal, and I'm far from the stereotypical angry old white dude. White and old, yes. Angry? Yeah, at the guy occupying our White House. Sorry, Dan, no MAGA hat ever has touched my head or ever will. But I hope the gross, sweeping generalization was fun for you.
First I wasn't even talking about you two, and it's not a sweeping generalization there were / our full blown melt downs by the gamer's gate crowd online. I know a bunch of people boycotting this game because you can pick a female avatar in multiplayer. If you think there is not a large contingent of people not playing this game because there are females in it you're either naive or blind. The historical accuracy thing goes out the window in the first war story anyway when my ex-con British dude is sent to blow up radio towers and 2 enemy bases all by himself and I haven't run into the bionic women yet personally and if you look back at the BF 5 thread I wasn't for that kind of bullshit. However that is not going to stop me from playing the game if the game play is good.

If your upset about my statement because you thought it was directed at you then that's on you not me. I was simply trying to give my opinion on the game which I find fun and better then the beta. I don't care what you spend your money on.

There is marked improvement in this game in terms of game play, graphics and especially squad and solider specs and customization. Is all that worth $60, probably not. Is it worth $30 where it will probably be by Christmas? I think it would be if you enjoy BF games. So to round out my point, those block heads online (not you 2) who are boycotting the game because there are girls in it are not going to buy it at any price. However if you just don't think it's worth $60 and are wondering if it is worth playing at a lower price point, my early opinion is yes.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:There is marked improvement in this game in terms of game play, graphics and especially squad and solider specs and customization. Is all that worth $60, probably not. Is it worth $30 where it will probably be by Christmas? I think it would be if you enjoy BF games. So to round out my point, those block heads online (not you 2) who are boycotting the game because there are girls in it are not going to buy it at any price. However if you just don't think it's worth $60 and are wondering if it is worth playing at a lower price point, my early opinion is yes.
I don't seen much improvement in gameplay at all. Graphics and soldier customization, yes.

And as for the current value of this game, funny, I just said the same thing as you about five posts above in this thread. I love BF games, but I still stand by my claim that COD: BO 4 is a more complete and fun game at $60 than BF V.
pk500 wrote:Access pays for itself again, and then some. I have no plans to buy BF V after this trial until its price drops to at least $30 or lower. It's just not worth it. I can't believe I'm typing this sentence, but I would far rather play COD: Black Ops 4.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote: I don't seen much improvement in gameplay at all. Graphics and soldier customization, yes.
I didn't play a ton of BF 1 so maybe it just seems better to me because of that.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

"I don't seen" -- major fail for a writer and editor. DOH!

RETRY: "I don't see ... " :)

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Danimal wrote:
pk500 wrote: I don't seen much improvement in gameplay at all. Graphics and soldier customization, yes.
I didn't play a ton of BF 1 so maybe it just seems better to me because of that.
I played a lot of Battlefield and the changes are not easy to notice. There were many made though to encourage squad play. These articles go into the details.

Updated classes and new Combat Roles
https://www.vg247.com/2018/11/08/battle ... breakdown/

Multiplayer updates
https://www.vg247.com/2018/11/08/battle ... fications/

I'm happy that all DLC is free and there should be a lot of it, including a new coop v AI mode and battle royale.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Pete1210 wrote:I'm happy that all DLC is free and there should be a lot of it, including a new coop v AI mode and battle royale.
That's a nice nugget to know, Pete. It will make BF V an even better value at $30 or less. :)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Pete,

I'm enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would but I'm on the PC or else I would squad up with you.

My regular PC group is skipping it for the reasons I mentioned above so playing solo. I didn't have the heart to tell them the new main character on Walking Dead is a 9 year old girl, they might hurt themselves. :D
Follow Me on:

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I read that Star Wars Battlefront 2 was or is being added to the EA Access vault, but it's not showing for me yet.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Star Wars Battlefront 2 is now in the EA Access vault.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Madden 19 is in the vault.