NFL 2014-2015

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL 2014-2015

Post by Aristo »

I think there is a good chance they will slide him into guard until Long can no longer go. Robinson cold be a mauler inside, which plays well with a north/south runner like Stacy. In the meantime he would have Long as a mentor to prepare for the move of LT when the time comes. I think his flexibility makes him a greater impact for the Rams now.

I really like their draft. Like the Chiefs, it sucks that they did not get a WR, but they got a lot of value. And once they got past the third round, just getting a WR to add one means relying on guys that may be less reliable than what they have. They are not going to be a team anyone wants to face, though. They are going to make teams work to score points, and should be able to eat clock with a lead.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Michael Sam is going to be a distraction, at best. He's too focused on things that don't matter. I think it's a race between him and Johnny Football as to which one becomes the new Tim Tebow first.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

If it was most teams it would be a distraction but this is the Rams baby!

Follow them the last decade? its death f***in valley....This team needs something happening.

and its happening... :D

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

MizzouRah wrote:
XXXIV wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:I'm so excited about RB Tre Mason!
Read that many did not like the pick that high. I am not one of those guys. Could be sweet for the Rams teaming him back up with Robinson.

Like all picks after the first one.

How much pass blocking did Robinson do at Auburn? Tis my worry.
He has the highest upside though (Robinson) at least in imho.
I hope you and fishy are right about slow and tubby :P 8) ...I really do! That would be awesome baby!

SUPER RAMS ! SUPER BOWL!

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

XXXIV wrote:If it was most teams it would be a distraction but this is the Rams baby!

Follow them the last decade? its death f***in valley....This team needs something happening.

and its happening... :D

They need football happening, not all that other craziness that has nothing to do with football. They did very well with Mason and Robinson, so there's definitely hope there. Watched those two for the past couple seasons at Auburn...Mason has the potential to be another Barry Sanders, and Robinson is just a beast.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Barry Sanders?! I would be happy if he was the next Barry White. :)

Again after entire decade of complete garbage. You have knee deep in this s*** to feel us Rams fans. I doubt very much one gay player who wont see many if any downs during the season is gonna wreck anything.

These lambs are the Titanic. You think another iceberg would have made the sinking any worse? :P

RAMS!!! Will be good to see them back in the "papers".

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

XXXIV wrote:Barry Sanders?! I would be happy if he was the next Barry White. :)

Again after entire decade of complete garbage. You have knee deep in this s*** to feel us Rams fans. I doubt very much one gay player who wont see many if any downs during the season is gonna wreck anything.

These lambs are the Titanic. You think another iceberg would have made the sinking any worse? :P

RAMS!!! Will be good to see them back in the "papers".
Just wait until he doesn't play as much as he would like, or gets cut, or released, if that happens. They've put themselves into the teeth of a wood chipper with him, I'm afraid. But there's lots of reason to be optimistic about the other two picks. Of course, time will tell.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Ahh...I see what you are getting at.

I dont give a f*** about media scumbags and I really doubt a football team cares what that filth reports when they are trying to win a football game.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Yeah, I suppose if you're a Rams fan, you don't have to care too much about the media, eh? Too much else to worry about...lol

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Teal wrote:Yeah, I suppose if you're a Rams fan, you don't have to care too much about the media, eh? Too much else to worry about...lol
Like if Bradford is the answer or just another bulger.

Serious s*** to us!

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Johnny Football gets sent to the QB dungeon and now looks like he's going to lose the only Cleveland player anyone outside of Cleveland can name. Josh Gordon can have a season-long suspension workout with Justin Blackmon.

The Michael Sam distraction thing is ridiculous. These are professional players. They get the crap kicked out of themselves week after week and the concern is if they have a gay guy in the locker room? It wasn't a problem at Mizzou and it won't be a problem in the NFl. Plus, news flash: anyone who has ever been to a health club has been in the locker room with gay men, they just may not have known it. :D

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Brando70 wrote:Johnny Football gets sent to the QB dungeon and now looks like he's going to lose the only Cleveland player anyone outside of Cleveland can name. Josh Gordon can have a season-long suspension workout with Justin Blackmon.

The Michael Sam distraction thing is ridiculous. These are professional players. They get the crap kicked out of themselves week after week and the concern is if they have a gay guy in the locker room? It wasn't a problem at Mizzou and it won't be a problem in the NFl. Plus, news flash: anyone who has ever been to a health club has been in the locker room with gay men, they just may not have known it. :D
I don't know if it was BS or if they didn't want the gay distraction on the team but on ESPN there were a couple of stories that were posted which said NFL team execs said they wouldn't draft Michael Sam because they thought he wasn't good enough for the NFL. I don't care either way if I were running a team. If the dude can play he's on the team and if he can't play he's off the team.

The bigger question is if St. Louis finds out he's not that good and won't cut him because of the gay backlash if that happens.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Sam may not be good enough, and that's fine. I don't think there will be a lot of backlash if he does get cut because it's pretty easy to tell when someone is not going to be a good NFL player, and he won't have any contract or saving-face considerations that keep him around longer than he should be kept. But it does seem odd that a team wouldn't take a late-round chance on a guy who was the SEC defensive player of the year because he's gay.

I just think that the gay distraction thing is ridiculous in a league that has its share of criminals, wife beaters, serial impregnators, drug addicts, and literal head cases. "OMG, coach, I can't concentrate on the playbook because Michael Sam might be looking at my penis!" If a player can't focus because he has a gay teammate, that player lacks the mental discipline to play pro football.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I am stunned at how much Oakland's draft pleased me. Other than grabbing a wide out (which they then did with the UDFA signing of Mike Davis from Texas, which is still crazy that he wasn't drafted at all), I was floored at the sensible choices and smart moves they made. The jury is out on Derek Carr, but I thought his brother got a raw deal, and being a local kid from this neck of the woods, I always pulled for him. An upgraded line could have done wonders for his confidence.

But Mack in the first was a gift, Carr in the second, a new starting LG in Gabe Jackson, and then USC DT Jelly Ellis with the 4th round pick...I was pretty speechless. It almost seemed like a competent team was running the show.

Which means, of course, that the coaching staff will turn them all into colossal busts within a couple of years. Because this is the first time in forever that they actually drafted who I wanted them to draft in the first two rounds. Hate on Derek Carr all you want, but I was hoping so badly that the Raiders might trade back up into the 20s and grab him. Never even entered my mind that he'd be there at 36. If he can sit for a year behind shell-shocked Schaub, even better.

Raiders will undoubtedly suck just as bad as always, but their moves have been uncharacteristically smart this offseason.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

NFL is really retrograde if they're going to suspend a player a whole season for smoking MJ, which is being legalized in various jurisdictions.

Meanwhile, other players who've tested for adderall skate.

As for Carr, it absolutely was an issue with his brother not being able to deal with pressure in the pocket. So when Derek showed similar problems in that bowl game, probably raised a red flag. But arm talent will make NFL teams take chances.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Brando70 wrote:Sam may not be good enough, and that's fine. I don't think there will be a lot of backlash if he does get cut because it's pretty easy to tell when someone is not going to be a good NFL player, and he won't have any contract or saving-face considerations that keep him around longer than he should be kept. But it does seem odd that a team wouldn't take a late-round chance on a guy who was the SEC defensive player of the year because he's gay.

I just think that the gay distraction thing is ridiculous in a league that has its share of criminals, wife beaters, serial impregnators, drug addicts, and literal head cases. "OMG, coach, I can't concentrate on the playbook because Michael Sam might be looking at my penis!" If a player can't focus because he has a gay teammate, that player lacks the mental discipline to play pro football.
No one should have to give a damn one way or the other, because no should have to know. It doesn't have anything to do with football, doesn't bring a single thing to the game, and should be a complete non-story. It isn't. And for the reasons why it isn't, no one need look any further than Michael Sam and his PR stunt.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Teal wrote:
Brando70 wrote:Sam may not be good enough, and that's fine. I don't think there will be a lot of backlash if he does get cut because it's pretty easy to tell when someone is not going to be a good NFL player, and he won't have any contract or saving-face considerations that keep him around longer than he should be kept. But it does seem odd that a team wouldn't take a late-round chance on a guy who was the SEC defensive player of the year because he's gay.

No one should have to give a damn one way or the other, because no should have to know. It doesn't have anything to do with football, doesn't bring a single thing to the game, and should be a complete non-story. It isn't. And for the reasons why it isn't, no one need look any further than Michael Sam and his PR stunt.
You are full of s***.

People DO have to know. Gays ought to be able to bring their spouses to events and be photographed just like anyone else. What bigots want is for gays to hide in a corner and pretend they don't love anyone because gay love is icky. They want the Micael Sams of the world to hide and pray they are not outed.

In some ways, this is a publicity stunt. It puts the focus square on bigots and exposes them for what they are. Every "distraction" caused by Michael Sams will have a bigot that feels like he should be appeased at the root of it. In the end, instead of gays hiding, it will be bigots afraid to admit their views. And it will be a better world because of it.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Aristo wrote:
Teal wrote:

You are full of s***.

People DO have to know. Gays ought to be able to bring their spouses to events and be photographed just like anyone else. What bigots want is for gays to hide in a corner and pretend they don't love anyone because gay love is icky. They want the Micael Sams of the world to hide and pray they are not outed.

In some ways, this is a publicity stunt. It puts the focus square on bigots and exposes them for what they are. Every "distraction" caused by Michael Sams will have a bigot that feels like he should be appeased at the root of it. In the end, instead of gays hiding, it will be bigots afraid to admit their views. And it will be a better world because of it.
It is you that is full of s*** on this. Him being a damn football player has to do with his ability to do so-something that has been seriously questioned at the next level, no less-NOT who he shacks up with. I couldn't care less, most people couldn't care less, and we don't want to be made to HAVE to, because it's completely irrelevant to the issue at hand. But it brilliantly sets up a no-win situation for anyone who simply judges the man on the merits that ARE relevant, but judges that he doesn't measure up. I'm not the least bit afraid of calling it for what it is, and what it is, is a silly publicity stunt that has zero to do with his ability to play football at the next level. If he's a good player, then that should be it. But no, we have to have some stupid social commentary about Michael Sam that has nothing to do with his playing football. I don't care if he's green with purple polka dots, wears a chain-link jock strap, drinks his own urine, or sleeps on a bed of nails. Because it's irrelevant.

Just like all that bigot horseshit you just tried to shovel at me. Get over yourself.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

.anyone know how the bears did? Cutler is back right................ugh........

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I was hoping the Seahawks would pick some OL aid as I knew they would not be able to sign everyone after the big SB win. Instead they got another speedy receiver as Tate signed with the Lions and kept Rice on the roster. But he's injury prone so we'll see.

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

Michael Sam gets a reality show on Oprah’s network.

“That is awesome!” said nobody in the Rams organization. Focus on football, make the team first. As far as the media is concerned it's The St Louis Sams. Enjoy the ride Ram fans.
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Yeah, in this entire process, I think this was his first misstep, and it was pretty massive. The Rams should have shut that down, and he needs better advice from his agent.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Aristo wrote:Yeah, in this entire process, I think this was his first misstep, and it was pretty massive. The Rams should have shut that down, and he needs better advice from his agent.
Agreed.. and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make the cut so they can get rid of what appears to be a distraction.

Who knows... maybe they knew about this upfront?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

MizzouRah wrote:Agreed.. and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't make the cut so they can get rid of what appears to be a distraction.

Who knows... maybe they knew about this upfront?
If he can play he should stay on the team. If he's more interested in promotion then that makes the statement that he's not really confident about his skills. For me if he's NFL worthy on the field then he stays. If not, see ya!

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

They don't have to allow filming at training camp.

NFL had to force teams to participate in Hard Knocks. Why would any team give access to this other group?

Sam probably couldn't turn down the money. A 7th round pick doesn't get much of a bonus.