NFL 2013-14

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NFL 2013-14

Post by wco81 »

There really doesn't seem to be an offseason any more. If Aaron Hernandez didn't dominate the headlines for a few weeks, it would have been something else.

On the eve of training camps opening for most of the teams, it's as good a time as any for a new thread.

NFLN and ESPN certainly do a good job of coming up with story lines. Really surprising the attention that NFLN's top 100 players or Jaws' QB rankings has drawn.

Hell, I'm even looking forward to Hardknocks with the Bengals again.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL 2013-14

Post by XXXIV »

Awesome a new thread! Thanks bro!

Moving that last post today here...

I am a bit bored and also looking forward to this next NFL season. I LOVES THE NFLs!

Thinking Isaac Bruuce perhaps my 2nd favorite Ram all time. Great start with a blocked punt and awesome payoff with the game winning TD in SB XXXIV.

AWESOME! player that finished his career 4th all time in receiving yds http://www.pro-football-reference.com/l ... career.htm and 7th all time in receptions.

Sadly he didnt make a fool of himself , act like an asshole or commit any crimes. Great team player in addition to his GREAT single player accomplishments so he will probably be over looked by the weak and miserable c*** at espn and the regular ass clown media.... So I begin his campaign for the HoF here.....Found this sucker on the youtubes. 8)

BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

I am looking forward to seeing Steven Jackson wearing a Falcon's uniform.
XBL: bdunn13
PSN: bdunn13

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

Oh, ok. I'll bite. I'm looking forward to Danny Amendola catching 100 balls for 1200+ yards. :D :D

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

You guys both suck! :evil:

I wish Steven Jackson nothing bu success and a trip to and through the playoffs as long as its not against the Rams.

Amendola..well..f*** him :P

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Don't worry, Amendola will be injured most of the season. Nothing will change there. :)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'm looking forward to the Bears failing miserably.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

NFC Playoff race could be very brutal.

Some of the teams that just missed getting in last year will be improved, such as New Orleans.

Then you have teams which have made big moves like Tampa Bay.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I've been reading articles saying that the read option will go the way of the wildcat. I'm curious to see how Wilson, RGIII and Kaepernick fare this tear with NFL DC planning ways to stop it. I remember the wildcat in Miami was a success the 1st year then by year 2 it wasn't as effective.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Espn making a big deal about some backup Eagles WR caught on cell phone video making a racial slur.

Switch to NFL Network and there is no mention.

OTOH, they are talking up Sapp's induction to the HoF ad nauseum.

He was good but come on ...

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

wco81 wrote:Espn making a big deal about some backup Eagles WR caught on cell phone video making a racial slur.

Switch to NFL Network and there is no mention.

OTOH, they are talking up Sapp's induction to the HoF ad nauseum.

He was good but come on ...
I'm geographically closer to Tampa than I am to Miami. I was a Phins fan during those years. I agree that Sapp was good but never struck me as HOF material. I always thought that Lynch and Barber on defense were the standouts on the team.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Hard Knocks tried to feature James Harrison but he seems to hate the cameras. Or maybe he's just surly all the time, seems to have a constant scowl or a sour puss.

If he didn't play football, you have to wonder where he's channel that anger.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Danimal wrote:I'm looking forward to the Bears failing miserably.
Do you mean that you are going to celebrate if they have a bad season, or that you expect them to have a bad season?

I don't have a lot of expectations, but they did go 10-6 with a miserable offense last year. Yes, a lot of those wins were against garbage teams, but considering 75% of the NFL is populated by garbage teams, that doesn't seem like a detriment. I think they are a little bit better than last year as their only significant loss was Urlacher, while they have a better LT and TE, two of their worst positions.

I am concerned that the coach was once a punchline on an episode of 30 Rock. At the same time, I am also glad to see they finally put an emphasis on offense the last two years with the Marshall trade, the FA signings, and hiring a man who is considered a good offensive mind, rather than sticking with the defense-first MONSTERS OF THE MIDWAY approach that may appeal to the endless lines of Grabowskis waiting to take a piss at Soldier Field, but which doesn't fly in today's NFL.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The Dolphins still look like the old Dolphins. No change and just based on all the off season talk, i'm still not impressed with Ryan Tannehill. The defense was as porous as swiss cheese when they played the Cowboys last week.

Pete
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Pete »

Looking forward to my Raiders........

getting the first pick in next years draft.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:The Dolphins still look like the old Dolphins. No change and just based on all the off season talk, i'm still not impressed with Ryan Tannehill. The defense was as porous as swiss cheese when they played the Cowboys last week.
Ummm...seriously? It's pre-season bro. And the first game no less. Who gives a flying F what happens in the pre-season? Tannehill played 2 and a half series...give him a break.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:The Dolphins still look like the old Dolphins. No change and just based on all the off season talk, i'm still not impressed with Ryan Tannehill. The defense was as porous as swiss cheese when they played the Cowboys last week.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/footba ... xid=si_nfl

And there you have it. LOL. Good call.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Nothing to get excited about YET, like you said it's just 1 game. He looked awful against the Boys and looked good against the Jags. J-ville was one of the worst teams last year. Let's see how he looks against Houston next week. I'm looking for consistency which he hasn't shown me a lot of. One of my biggest concerns is why the hell Mike Wallace wasn't thrown the ball but Keller got the looks?

So if R.T. can play like that against the first teams in preseason and progressive when the season really starts then i'll have no complaints. Next up is Houston and the Bucs always play Miami tough and New Orleans have a good D.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Just read that the Cowboys are moving to Frisco?!?! That can't be right....can it?
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Holy s***, what a misleading headline. Never mind, I'm just a gullible idiot. They ARE moving to Frisco...Texas. Dumbass.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Rex Ryan officially put himself on the hot seat. We all know Mark "Broadway Schmoe" Sanchez will always be remembered for the butt fumble but Geno Smith looks awful. Now Sanchez right shoulder gets dinged in the 4th qtr thanks to Ryan's version of the butt fumble by putting him in behind backups and all they have now is loud mouth Geno who thinks he's an all-star.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

I can't believe ESPN made people care about the QB battle for what will likely be one of the 10 worst teams in the league.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Here come the Rams!!! ;)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Seahawks finished last night with a 4-0 record after beating the Raiders. Certainly looked damn good in some of those games particularly against DEN and R. Wilson just seems to be improving over his rookie year. Hoping for big things this year.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

MizzouRah wrote:Here come the Rams!!! ;)
God Damn right!!!!

SUPER RAMS! Super Bowl!