Titanfall

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Titanfall

Post by Pete1210 »

Beta sign up page (sign ups started 8pm ET):

http://www.titanfall.com/beta
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Titanfall

Post by sportdan30 »

Thanks. Signed up.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

In a release, publisher Electronic Arts confirmed that the beta will launch on Feb. 14. Those who have been selected to take part will be notified by publisher Electronic Arts via email "no later than 11:59 p.m. PT on Feb. 17th." Registration for the Titanfall beta closes on Friday, Feb. 14 at 4 p.m. PT.

Included in the beta will be three game modes: team-based deathmatch mode Attrition, control point mode Hardpoint Domination and Last Titan Standing, in which "everyone on both teams starts with a titan in a round-based mode that ends when one team has lost all of their titans. There's no respawning and no replacement titans can be called down.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/11/540198 ... windows-pc

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I was in the closed alpha and was impressed. Just signed up. Thanks for the heads up!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I kind of had no interest in this until I talked to some people I know and they have pretty much convinced me that this is going to be the killer next gen title of 2014. That it is going to be a system seller. Considering everything else that has that kind of killer title buzz is still iffy for this year they may be right.

I signed up for the beta myself and since I really want to try this and I get in every beta ever, I'm guaranteed not to get in this one :)
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Danimal wrote:I kind of had no interest in this until I talked to some people I know and they have pretty much convinced me that this is going to be the killer next gen title of 2014. That it is going to be a system seller. Considering everything else that has that kind of killer title buzz is still iffy for this year they may be right.

I signed up for the beta myself and since I really want to try this and I get in every beta ever, I'm guaranteed not to get in this one :)
That Polygon article spoke volumes. It feels like they have gone over and beyond anything people have imagined. If the gameplay is balanced well enough, it could be the next DOTA-like craze. Combine that with the nearly unanimous love for the feel of the gameplay, and this really could be a mega seller. Microsoft obviously felt like that was the case when they bought up its exclusive rights in the future. That is a big bet they just placed.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

It's not so much the reviews, hell lousy games get hyped all the time. I still have a good number of people I call friends who punish themselves working in the industry and they usually don't tell something is good when it's not. Other side of the coin, I canceled my Watch Dogs pre-order and that was the game I originally had bundled with my PS4 but that is a whole other topic and I don't want to steer this of course.

Fingers crossed for the beta.
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Danimal wrote:I kind of had no interest in this until I talked to some people I know and they have pretty much convinced me that this is going to be the killer next gen title of 2014. That it is going to be a system seller
I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. Like I mentioned, I played the closed alpha and was extremely impressed. There was really only one mode (if I remember) so this beta should be fun. I really loved the mobility of your soldier. Using the jet pack and wall running is a blast. You don't just use a constant thrust on the jet pack...you hit it once to get in the air and then the second time for an additional boost. The longer you wait between thrusts the more juice you get on the second thrust. Your mobility isn't limitless but it's very cool.

I didn't get a "Call of Duty" feel to the gameplay. It's definitely quick but not COD quick. I like the pace a lot. It's going to be a beast for Microsoft.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Is it all online multiplayer or is there a campaign mode too?

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Sudz wrote:Is it all online multiplayer or is there a campaign mode too?
All multiplayer. There is no single player mode.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I've always been awful at online shooters, and there always seems to be those who just obliterate me within seconds. I'll respawn, and get killed again. BF4 is a prime example. I'm upset I spent money on that game. So, I'm not as excited as the majority of people for this title, but hope there's some kind of fun to be had for those who don't have the dexterity of a seasoned FPS gamer.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

There is some sort of campaign mode....from TheVerge.com's preview...
Titanfall is always a multiplayer online experience, even in campaign mode, which simply adds narrative and set pieces to the game’s six-on-six multiplayer battles. Those missions don’t feel like tiny skirmishes with just 12 players, though, because each and every match is filled with AI friends and foes — which brings me back to Halo.
http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/12/54028 ... ll-preview
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

sportdan30 wrote:I've always been awful at online shooters, and there always seems to be those who just obliterate me within seconds. I'll respawn, and get killed again. BF4 is a prime example. I'm upset I spent money on that game. So, I'm not as excited as the majority of people for this title, but hope there's some kind of fun to be had for those who don't have the dexterity of a seasoned FPS gamer.
I resemble and agree with this statement. :) I'm not opposed to online shooters, I just hate ones where I spawn and die within seconds. It's why I'll never play a COD game again, BF I can tolerate. I think however games like Titanfall and next years the Division are attempting to blur the line between MP & SP. In that you're playing a campaign and there just happens to be others involved. I think we will see a lot more games go this way.

Honestly I can't wait for the day where there is a good RPG that embraces this aspect. I know it has been attempted but not the way I would like to see it done.
Follow Me on:

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

The titan cockpit view is amazing and the gameplay looked pretty awesome, but 6v6 is pretty sketchy to me.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

sportdan30 wrote:I've always been awful at online shooters, and there always seems to be those who just obliterate me within seconds. I'll respawn, and get killed again. BF4 is a prime example. I'm upset I spent money on that game. So, I'm not as excited as the majority of people for this title, but hope there's some kind of fun to be had for those who don't have the dexterity of a seasoned FPS gamer.
I also thought this game looked even faster so may be difficult to get into. But check this comment from the Polygon article Rob linked to above:
Title says it right. Titanfall is an extremely friendly game. Since the beta is almost there… I was surprised when I played alpha. I am a bad, bad, bad FPS player. On Battlefield I struggle to keep 0.7 K/D. COD, sometimes I struggle to get just one kill. This game is a lot different. Not just because there are AI controlled grunts everywhere, but the design values tactics over twitch reflex in many cases. There are so much to put into consideration, but at the same time they don’t require a great skill to be above-average. I felt that, in almost every match of Titanfall, everyone is a winner one way or another. I was a little hesitant to call it casual-friendly, because that makes the game look like some F2P game. Well, there it goes, it’s the most friendly multiplayer shooter in years.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Beta codes going out.

I initially received a code for Xbone by mistake (which I don't have), so I re-registered and got a PC code. PM me if you want my Xbone code.

EDIT: Claimed.
Last edited by Naples39 on Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Just got my code this morning. Looking forward to playing!

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Naples39 wrote:Beta codes going out.

I initially received a code for Xbone by mistake (which I don't have), so I re-registered and got a PC code. PM me if you want my Xbone code.

EDIT: Claimed.
F*ck you Rob! :evil: :wink:

Wonder if I'll get a code even if I don't have one yet in my email...?
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Spooky wrote:
He who snoozeth, loseth. Here endeth the lesson. :)

Sorry, I love that Geico commercial.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Got my code.

how long does the download take? 3 days?

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

RobVarak wrote:
Spooky wrote:
He who snoozeth, loseth. Here endeth the lesson. :)

Sorry, I love that Geico commercial.
Looking at timestamps from my post and PMs, Rob responded in 3 minutes!

Nerd.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Seriously - I registered the first day and don't have an e-mail. Why are you guys getting yours and I'm not?!?! That's it...I'm selling my XB1. :(
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I signed up within the first 10 minutes and haven't got in yet.

Only 3 1/2 weeks now for the full game. :D