MLB 14 The Show

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB 14 The Show

Post by Diablo25 »

MERACE wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Broadcasting some RTTS if anyone is interested...

http://www.twitch.tv/epdiablo25
Did you archive that broadcast?

-MERACE
I didn't know you could do that. How do you do that??
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Diablo25 wrote:
MERACE wrote:

-MERACE
I didn't know you could do that. How do you do that??
I think I just figured it out. In my Twitch account settings there is a checkbox for archiving broadcasts. It wasn't checked... now it is :). I'm heading in to broadcast some more MLB The Show now.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

MERACE wrote:

-MERACE
Looks like I have archives now. Here is the game I just played. Cole was bringing noise. Almost got it in the 9th but gambled and lost with 2 out. Oh well. Let me know if you guys can see the archive.

http://www.twitch.tv/epdiablo25/b/528304390
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Some RTTS on the channel now.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Diablo25 wrote:Some RTTS on the channel now.

Hit for the cycle :) in that session. Fun stuff. Still lost. I'm in AA for the Mariners and the Jackson Generals blow. Funny thing is I actually played there when I was in the Texas League :D
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Threw together a video of the cycle

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Diablo25 wrote:Threw together a video of the cycle

How come when you play it looks more fun than my RTTS? Also, how do you make these videos?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Inuyasha wrote:

How come when you play it looks more fun than my RTTS? Also, how do you make these videos?
The PS4 is constantly recording. If you hit the Share button and then hit the square button it saves the last 15 minutes to your HD. The Share Factory app is the editing tool I used to make the video. You can get it in the App section on the PS4.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Phototropic
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Phototropic »

I started playing this earlier in the week and am really enjoying it. First baseball game I have played since MLB 2k5 or so. The only annoyance for me is I am using fast play to skip all of the in between pitches cut scenes. I'm assuming there is no way to still see occasional cut scenes like on home runs?

It is really jarring to have the next batter at the plate immediately after the ball leaves the yard, but there is no way I can put up with all of the additional screens that come with disabling fast play.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Phototropic wrote:I started playing this earlier in the week and am really enjoying it. First baseball game I have played since MLB 2k5 or so. The only annoyance for me is I am using fast play to skip all of the in between pitches cut scenes. I'm assuming there is no way to still see occasional cut scenes like on home runs?

It is really jarring to have the next batter at the plate immediately after the ball leaves the yard, but there is no way I can put up with all of the additional screens that come with disabling fast play.
Photo!
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Phototropic
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by Phototropic »

Diablo25 wrote:
Phototropic wrote:I started playing this earlier in the week and am really enjoying it. First baseball game I have played since MLB 2k5 or so. The only annoyance for me is I am using fast play to skip all of the in between pitches cut scenes. I'm assuming there is no way to still see occasional cut scenes like on home runs?

Photo!
Dobs!

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Graduated to All-star ++++ for pitching, but my hitting took a dive down to Rookie. I mixed things up and went with classic zone hitting and just like that, I started hitting for more power and driving the ball to all fields. Now I'm scratching to make it to veteran. It helps to play the Cubs also.

Changed fielder speed to 0 and fielder reaction to 10 as suggested at OS. Like the results so far. Balls don't get run down as easy as they did.

I'm 6-5 with the Cardinals and in a 3 way tie for first.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Does the PS3 version come with a booklet or online code? I received my PS3 copy today from an Ebay seller. It was brand new but all that was inside the case was the game disc.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

PS4 only had the disc. No inserts. Probably same w PS3.

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

Ok, help is needed. I'm hitting fine, but all of a sudden i'm getting shelled on the mound. Sitting at Veteran+ using full analog and the CPU is flat out mashing from the first pitch so this isn't an issue of me letting my pitchers get tired or anything. Part of me thinks I'm in the zone to often. The only sliders I've messed with are contact and power which i've dropped one notch. Is it within the sliders where I need to make some adjustments?

Any suggestions as to what works for those using this method? From my research I seem to be using the sticks directionally correct, I'm hitting the yellow line more often than not, but it's just flat out ugly right now. Any ideas are appreciated! Thanks.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I'm really digging the game now.

Some guy made the whole MLB rosters from 2002 and I am really having fun with it. I guess I followed baseball more closely back then so I more familiar w/ the older players.

Doing some quick 5 inning games and those play just right for me.

My only problem now is most of my offense comes from HRs. It's fun but I wish there was more variety to score.

I like the idea of turning down the fielding speed which may open up some generated runs.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

How do you download the official rosters on the PS3 version? I keep getting a message on the dashboard about the May 12th rosters when I start the game but can't figure out how to download them. I looked at the community section and that looks like custom rosters.

Are any of you guys using custom rosters?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Rodster wrote:How do you download the official rosters on the PS3 version? I keep getting a message on the dashboard about the May 12th rosters when I start the game but can't figure out how to download them. I looked at the community section and that looks like custom rosters.

Are any of you guys using custom rosters?
I think it's under 'Community'.
For custom - Look in the roster vault for OSFM. The best roster you will ever DL.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Awesome job on the cycle and cool video, too. I loved how you got the little bump off the wall to get the triple.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Got called up to the majors after just 26 games in Double-A. I was hitting .398 (leading the league by nearly 40 points) with a healthy number of doubles although just one home run. Off to a good start with the Astros, too, as I'm hitting .400 in my first few games.

I don't know if the game is easier this year or I am just playing well, but I am finding it much easier to hit with Zone at the All-Star level than in years past. My ratings are not that high, either, low 60s for contact and 50 for power.

It is also pretty adventurous to play left field in Houston from the RTTS fielding perspective. :D

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Heading in for some RTTS.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

Guys, what's your favorite camera for hitting? I've been using Catcher 2, but I feel like I'm in a slump and looking to break out.

Also, anybody find a good slider set in the vault? I've been playing with dynamic hitting and pitching, and finding my scoring mainly coming just the way of the long ball. I hit a lot of long fly balls, or liners....not getting many in the gap or dropping in front of outfielders. Any advice?

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I like Catcher 4. Lower pitch speed to 3. Regarding hitting, are you influencing your swings by using R2 and the right stick? Don't always push up. Push down or to the right or left depending if he's a right or left handed batter. I'm hitting a ton of gappers. Very few if any triples though. I do hit my fair share of homeruns. Right now, Matt Adams is a modern day Babe Ruth. 9 dingers in 19 games.

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

sportdan30 wrote:I like Catcher 4. Lower pitch speed to 3. Regarding hitting, are you influencing your swings by using R2 and the right stick? Don't always push up. Push down or to the right or left depending if he's a right or left handed batter. I'm hitting a ton of gappers. Very few if any triples though. I do hit my fair share of homeruns. Right now, Matt Adams is a modern day Babe Ruth. 9 dingers in 19 games.
Actually just been using the classic timing hitting. I will definitely check out that camera and mess with the pitch speed. Have you changed any of the fielding sliders for the CPU?

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I'm also using zone classic. Timing didn't provide enough hit variety IMO.

I lowered fielder speed to 0 and fielder reaction to 10 as suggested by someone at OS.