HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Post by Spooky »

Wow! I am SOLD! Love the no stupid attributes thing. SO over that sh*t.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Spooky wrote:Wow! I am SOLD! Love the no stupid attributes thing. SO over that sh*t.
You do not know how long I have been begging EA to take this crap out of Tiger.....pretty much since I first found out what they had done and put them in.....glad someone is listening to the Golf community!

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

DivotMaker wrote:
Spooky wrote:Wow! I am SOLD! Love the no stupid attributes thing. SO over that sh*t.
You do not know how long I have been begging EA to take this crap out of Tiger.....pretty much since I first found out what they had done and put them in.....glad someone is listening to the Golf community!
yeah - I really long for a multiplayer golf game that just keeps a level playing field and lets the gamers skill win out. Hell, I'd even settle for a fixed # of points from the get-go that let's the gamer decide how they are spread across attributes. But this whole idea of the more you play, the more attributes you build and better gear you have access to is so lame.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

this looks impressive! Nice to have a non-arcade alternative to TW games.

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

And perhaps some competition for EA when they release TW in 2015. Looking forward to some more info on this.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

snaz16 wrote:And perhaps some competition for EA when they release TW in 2015. Looking forward to some more info on this.
I don't think they will be much concern to the TW team. There is NO career mode or licensed equipment / players and frankly there are probably more people who enjoy arcade type golf over simulation. I mean that is why Golden Tee is so popular right.

I'm just glad there is a game that could be release that covers what I want out of it.
Last edited by Danimal on Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Nice little article on the 'birth' of The Golf Club.

http://gamesided.com/2014/01/24/step-inside-golf-club/

Love hearing this...
Another way the team at HB Studios plans on making sure that fans never get tired of what the game offers is by continually updating the game. By continually, Garcin doesn’t mean every eight to 12 months, he means within a few months after the game hits retail, HB wants to have an update out for the game.

“It’s been kind of fire and forget, and you’ll get the next update next year (in the past) whereas we’re trying to basically completely change that model,” he said in regards to post release updates. “(We want to) move towards a more frequent update (schedule).
And this...
The Golf Club will ship with plenty of courses – upwards of 30 or more — already built so players can just jump right in.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

My PC specs are a little short of what is needed for the closed PC beta so I guess I'll have to wait for the open beta on the consoles.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

Diablo25 wrote:My PC specs are a little short of what is needed for the closed PC beta so I guess I'll have to wait for the open beta on the consoles.
What are your computer specs?

You can find out by clicking on the Start button (lower left corner) and typing in the window at the bottom, dxdiag

-MERACE

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Processor isn't the required 3 ghz.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Did I miss it, where are beta sign ups?
Follow Me on:

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Danimal wrote:Did I miss it, where are beta sign ups?
Just a post on their official forums;
http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=548.0

I just applied myself.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

Diablo25 wrote:Processor isn't the required 3 ghz.
The 3 GHz requirement is only for Pentium based processors. If you have a multi core processor (duo or quad core) then the processor speed will not matter for a minimum requirement.

-MERACE

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Dan, I know this is something that you're very interested in - how are drops handled? They announced that the game won't be able to accommodate drops in accordance with USGA rules. Hit a ball into the water hazard, you'll drop it at the point from which you struck the shot, incur a penalty stroke, and hit another one. They say it's something they'd like to work out eventually and add it in an update.

I think a lot of their chances at success with this will be driven by how prompt they are at delivering updates as indicated. I'd rather them get the basic gameplay right first, but proper drops needs to be very high on the list of update priorities.

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

J_Cauthen wrote:Dan, I know this is something that you're very interested in - how are drops handled? They announced that the game won't be able to accommodate drops in accordance with USGA rules. Hit a ball into the water hazard, you'll drop it at the point from which you struck the shot, incur a penalty stroke, and hit another one. They say it's something they'd like to work out eventually and add it in an update.

I think a lot of their chances at success with this will be driven by how prompt they are at delivering updates as indicated. I'd rather them get the basic gameplay right first, but proper drops needs to be very high on the list of update priorities.
This is something that has been in PC golf games like PGA Championship Golf 2000 going back over 10 years ago! I just don't quite understand what the difficulty is for having proper drops in a modern video game?!! 8O

-MERACE

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

MERACE wrote:This is something that has been in PC golf games like PGA Championship Golf 2000 going back over 10 years ago! I just don't quite understand what the difficulty is for having proper drops in a modern video game?!! 8O
I'd forgotten how pleased I was when PGA Championship Golf 2000 handled drops properly. The way a player handles drops, in most situations, is part of the strategy of the game of golf. It has to be in there at some point. If they haven't solved this with and update inside of 6 months, I'll be very disappointed.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Thanks for the info. I don't like it but if I have the choice of hitting from the same spot ala Tin Cup then getting the computer ball drop in the creek ala TW. I'll take the previous spot. I also don't understand why this is so hard to accomplish.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Still following the news around The Golf Club. I guess the big news of today is that HB Studios said that their goal is to have mouse support (as a swing control option) for the PC version at release. I'm surprised that it took them this long to realize how strong the demand would be for mouse support among the PC community, but to their credit, they admitted it today. Does mouse control mean analog and 3-click mouse swing control? Don't know yet. I posed that question to the developer who posted it , but as of yet... no response.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I'm not in any hurry to get back into PC gaming, but when PGA 2000 introduced mouse control, it was a real game changer. Too bad they moved to EA and the PC lost all of the decent golf games.

I'm really, really skeptical of this game, but I'm anxious to give it a try not the console.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Just found out tonight that the target is analog mouse control for the PC version of TGC, and they hope to have it available during the closed beta. They "haven't 100% ruled out 3-click", but read into that what you will. I think the design is for analog control and 3-click doesn't fit the bill.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

New screen shots added to the gallery today at TGC website: http://thegolfclubgame.com/2014/01/31/i ... club-game/. Notice the flags aren't cardboard cutouts any more.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Course creator...adding bunkers. This damn thing continues to look awesome.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

Diablo25:

I fully agree! :!:

I posted this at the HB Studios:

"Having a course creator with a template course (course generator) with template objects (bunkers, fairways, greens, etc.) that can be added in and manipulate is exactly what I was advocating for the EA TW series for years.

Thanks for bringing my dream to reality."

-MERACE