HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Post by J_Cauthen »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Engerland Engerland Engerland...Stay away JC... Engerland Engerland Engerla urnd..you too Divot...Engerland Engerland Engerland ENGERLAND :lol:
Even when I finish DFL in the PC Society Weekly? :) As the Lanny Watkins of DSP golf, I can stink it up royally when I come unglued :oops: :lol:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

vader29 wrote:
10spro wrote: Was one stroke behind you after 17 and then chipped in an eagle on 18. :P
I hate you...I swear to God. :twisted: But some Deicide beat us anyways.
Was probably Evan as Jimmy is always playing Overwatch. :wink:[/quote]

Very True. Cheater...

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Danimal wrote:I hated the course in the PC daily, quit after 11 holes. There is such a thing as too many elevation changes, jeesh
It was on my Friend's recommended list (Gawella GC), and it was my first time playing it. I had a four-putt double bogey, and a bogey, and still somehow shot a 62!? I made a ton of putts to do it though, and it didn't feel anything near like a 62.

All that said, I wasn't overly impressed with the golf challenge of the course, although it made for a lot of wonderful screen shots. I almost felt like I was playing in a photoshoot spread. I'n not a huge fan of the really low sun angle settings. It feels like it should be dark by the time I finish... I'm seeing more and more of these as time progresses.
I rage quit after 4 consecutive drives on 18 ended up bouncing into the water when the only way out was the trap.

I effing HATE holes that do that.

Also having to relearn the swing all over again. Seems this new Elite controller is even more sensitive than my previous one by a wide margin. Having huge issues keeping the swing in the cone.....

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

DivotMaker wrote:I rage quit after 4 consecutive drives on 18 ended up bouncing into the water when the only way out was the trap.
I wondered what happened there because I added you as an "Active Player" to my group (Along with Gibbius Maximus' Ghost). When I got on the first tee I saw you were playing the 18th hole, and was -7. For some reason I didn't pay attention to your stroke count until I got the 3rd hole, and saw that you were about to hit your 8th shot!? That stayed on the screen quite a while and I wondered if you were off somewhere trying to cool off :) Sounds like my final round at Sawgrass this past weekend, only I didn't have enough sense to rage quit, and blazed ahead with a pissy attitude for an 89!
I effing HATE holes that do that.
It's a buzzkill for sure.
Also having to relearn the swing all over again. Seems this new Elite controller is even more sensitive than my previous one by a wide margin. Having huge issues keeping the swing in the cone.....
I'm sure even Elite controllers vary in performance, so I can understand this. I sometimes go between using my Elite on the PC and XBox One. I tend to get too fast with the tempo on the PC after using the Elite on the XBox One, because the frame rate is comparitively sluggish on the XBox One and my XBox One slanted tempo is too quick for the PC. You'll adapt though, and probably wind up putting even better than before.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Copperhead course = HORSESHIT
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Diablo25 wrote:Copperhead course = HORSESHIT
Yeah. That's what I said.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Copperhead course = HORSESHIT
Yeah. That's what I said.
If it weren't for the 160+ yard eagle I had I might hunt down the designer just to kick his ass :D
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

PC patch is out on Steam.

Console patches are with MS and Sony and hope they are out by end of this week.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I was leading the pack at one point with a -3 at Faxon Club today. Can't remember if it was #12 or #13 where there's a small creek separating both fairways. With a favourable +11mph wind I thought I would chance it. Nope, felt a tad short and double bogeyed that hole. Top players would always say it's all about course management. True, greediness just didn't pay for me today. :evil:

If you got a Tour Clubs by the way, I am pretty sure that's achievable with the wind in your favour.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Ever since I got my new Elite controller, I can't hit the broad side of a barn with the driver.....pretty average player now.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

DivotMaker wrote:Ever since I got my new Elite controller, I can't hit the broad side of a barn with the driver.....pretty average player now.
I went back to a stock controller and it is SO much better.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

To those of you playing in the DSP PC Society tournament for the next couple of days, could I ask you to note the wind direction and speed on the first tee, and report it here? I'd like to see how well the new "global wind" is working out for Society events now, post patch. Thanks!

BTW, I'm getting considerable less lag and stuttering in the swing animation since the PC patch was installed yesterday. I hope it works out even better for the console versions because they were having a greater incidence of stuttering, and the PS4 in particular, more problems with animation frame skipping right at and immediately after impact.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

RobVarak wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:Ever since I got my new Elite controller, I can't hit the broad side of a barn with the driver.....pretty average player now.
I went back to a stock controller and it is SO much better.
Played a round at PGA National this AM and shot -2 leaving about 4 make-able birdie putts outside the cup.

What I am finding though is something I have been looking for since I stopped playing PG.....a swing that is dynamic and needs absolute focus to play well. I do believe the game is now playing the way the Devs intended with TOUR clubs......

I am certainly having to focus far more on watching my avatar's swing than before. Also think JC may be on to something with the lag....seems that tempo has been impacted and is no longer "automatic P/P" with the driver for me.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

J_Cauthen wrote:To those of you playing in the DSP PC Society tournament for the next couple of days, could I ask you to note the wind direction and speed on the first tee, and report it here? I'd like to see how well the new "global wind" is working out for Society events now, post patch. Thanks!

BTW, I'm getting considerable less lag and stuttering in the swing animation since the PC patch was installed yesterday. I hope it works out even better for the console versions because they were having a greater incidence of stuttering, and the PS4 in particular, more problems with animation frame skipping right at and immediately after impact.
I'll do my best to remember JC.....

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

My wind direction for round 1 is 14 MPH, blowing toward 4 o'clock.

BTW, I see I inadvertently set this tournament to run for three days instead of four... sorry about that.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'll try to note it. I played the daily yesterday and felt happy to get out with a +2. Man what a tough course due to the greens.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:I'll try to note it. I played the daily yesterday and felt happy to get out with a +2. Man what a tough course due to the greens.
We had quite a finish there though... it was cool to have only two strokes separate the top 4! The greens were tough at PGA National.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

I've been using Tour clubs on my career for a few days, so I decided to use them for the XB1 weekend tournament. Didn't go as well as I would have hoped. I think my scores are going to get worse before they get better....

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

J_Cauthen wrote:My wind direction for round 1 is 14 MPH, blowing toward 4 o'clock.

BTW, I see I inadvertently set this tournament to run for three days instead of four... sorry about that.
Ditto.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Not a fan of the PC course for this week's 4 rounder...

12 has an uneven tee box and 13 has a ridiculous landing are for drives. Several other holes stand out to me as TGC1 type holes.....

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

DivotMaker wrote:Not a fan of the PC course for this week's 4 rounder...

12 has an uneven tee box and 13 has a ridiculous landing are for drives. Several other holes stand out to me as TGC1 type holes.....
Yeah, I've noticed all of the above myself. I'm becoming more and more surprised at how many courses have uneven tee boxes... that's something that's easily under the course creators control.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

J_Cauthen wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:Not a fan of the PC course for this week's 4 rounder...

Yeah, I've noticed all of the above myself. I'm becoming more and more surprised at how many courses have uneven tee boxes... that's something that's easily under the course creators control.
Starting to get my swing back with this new Elite controller.

Before I was always well within the cone on drives. Now, I am challenged to stay within the cone on either side and have found that the tempo is a huge impact on the swing path with the driver, 3W and hybrid. Irons are just fine. My old swing simply will not cut it with this new controller with the woods.

Shot a 69 in the first round, 62 in 2nd and 61 in 3rd so it is starting to come back.

Went to play the clv24's Chambers Bay again after my first round was +5 and managed a 9 under 62.....

One thing this new controller is doing is causing me to focus and "sweat" every drive which is what I have been looking for ever since I stopped playing JNPG.....

At this point, I don't think TOUR clubs need to be any more difficult.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.p ... icseen#new

Looks like another masterpiece by friendBOMBER.....he designed the fabulous TPC Sawgrass.....

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

PS4 update 1.03 is live.....Xbox update should be out next Tuesday or Wednesday....

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

DivotMaker wrote:Starting to get my swing back with this new Elite controller.

Before I was always well within the cone on drives. Now, I am challenged to stay within the cone on either side and have found that the tempo is a huge impact on the swing path with the driver, 3W and hybrid. Irons are just fine. My old swing simply will not cut it with this new controller with the woods.

Shot a 69 in the first round, 62 in 2nd and 61 in 3rd so it is starting to come back.

Went to play the clv24's Chambers Bay again after my first round was +5 and managed a 9 under 62.....

One thing this new controller is doing is causing me to focus and "sweat" every drive which is what I have been looking for ever since I stopped playing JNPG.....

At this point, I don't think TOUR clubs need to be any more difficult.
I think this just goes to show that even with a controller that's made from quality components, such as the XBox One Elite, there can still be variance among their performance. It's not always one is necessarily better than the other one, they're just different in feel and require some adjustment from the player.

I get what I want in terms of challenge and feel out of my XBox One Silver Edition controller on the PC version, yet on the XBox One, I like the Elite controller the best... by far, over my two stock XBox One controllers and my XBox One Forza Edition controller (which is nothing more than a stock XB1 controller with a different skin). Rob prefers his stock XBox One controller over his Elite for TGC 2, so there's no magic formula for what's going to work best for individual players.

Your post reminds me... I haven't played Chambers Bay yet, and now I realize I'll have you on my heels in the DSP weekly... I knew that seven stroke lead couldn't hold up! :lol: