HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Post by Jimmydeicide »

:lol: Adam gotta record that s*** so we can all take the piss :D

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Holy crap, I won my first event!! :o XB1 Royal Atlantic. Woop!!

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Leadfoot5 wrote:Holy crap, I won my first event!! :o XB1 Royal Atlantic. Woop!!
Congratulations!

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Congrats! Excellent work with those winds.

I tripled the first hole coming to terms with the conditions and just never got my footing back. Fun course, though.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I love Royal Atlantic. With the wind unpredictability I landed my Drives at least 5 times into their deep sand. And of course, once you're in that hole, if you manage to Par the hole is a bonus. A change of scenery other than Cauthen and Vader is always welcomed Lead. 8) Gratz!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I'm in a bad stretch with work until Friday afternoon, but I was able to see this morning when I got home from work that the XBox One version patch had been automatically downloaded by my system. I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I'll be curious to see how it has potentially improved the swing lag and stuttering that was occasionally seen on the XB1 version previously.

Also, the winds should be the same for every player in a Society tournament on the XB1 now. That fix has been proven to be fixed in both the PC and PS4 versions now.

Good win in yesterday's Daily Leadfoot... you've been trending up here lately and I don't anticipate this will be your last win! 8)

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

DivotMaker wrote:
Congratulations!
Gratz! Its really hard to keep it going from hole to hole. As for the patch, I was looking for the HUD to become readable during gameplay, but for me its still unreadable.
gamertag: ddtrane65

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

ddtrane wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:
Congratulations!
Gratz! Its really hard to keep it going from hole to hole. As for the patch, I was looking for the HUD to become readable during gameplay, but for me its still unreadable.
Go into settings/HUD and about 2/3 or the way down the page you'll see an option that says "High Contrast HUD" and enable it. It will put a black backdrop around key HUD information. If you don't see that option, you'll know you don't really have the patch installed, as some are finding out.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The input lag is improved on the Xbox 1 John. The yardage signage is bigger too, good update. Don't work too hard, would like to see you see more on our tourneys.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

High winds are my kryptonite, started out -2 on Royal Atlantic but then one hole I played a 16 mile right to left wind by aiming way to the right but ended up hitting a fast downswing and it took me into the water and I never did recover from that. Looking forward to playing post-patch.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Curious what the wind was post patch on today's tournament was for everyone. The first 12-13 holes the average wind for me was about 12mph, then it starting dropping to about 10mph the next couple of holes, then to 8mph and the last 3 holes all the way down to 5mph winds.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

10spro wrote:Curious what the wind was post patch on today's tournament was for everyone. The first 12-13 holes the average wind for me was about 12mph, then it starting dropping to about 10mph the next couple of holes, then to 8mph and the last 3 holes all the way down to 5mph winds.
Played your ghost and had the same wind direction with the same general wind speed range on each hole. Nice Eagle on the first hole and overall round, I never got below par and finished even.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

Thanks JC. If it didnt install, whats the next step?

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

By the way, im still seeing the stutter on my backswing.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Just got totally glitched out of the Turnberry round. My putts would just shoot dead right, happened 4 times. I recorded the last couple, thinking the first one or two may have been me but no way , even at my drunkest I've never done this. :oops:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Just got totally glitched out of the Turnberry round. My putts would just shoot dead right, happened 4 times. I recorded the last couple, thinking the first one or two may have been me but no way , even at my drunkest I've never done this. :oops:
Buy a real controller.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Backswing seems to have been smoothed out, but I encountered a new bug tonight. I was unable to exit a replay. Just kept looping around and no amount of clicking "return to round" would end it. Had to quit and resume.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Buy a real controller
f*** Microsoft and f*** EA!!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

ddtrane wrote:Thanks JC. If it didnt install, whats the next step?
I've never had a problem with The Golf Club updates not installing properly, but I'd try clearing my cache first, and restarting the game. If that didn't get it, I'd uninstall TGC 2 and re-download it.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

RobVarak wrote:Backswing seems to have been smoothed out, but I encountered a new bug tonight. I was unable to exit a replay. Just kept looping around and no amount of clicking "return to round" would end it. Had to quit and resume.
I just played the first round of the DSP weekly at Crooked Stick and had no problems with the swing wanting to lag before, during, or after the swing. I felt like I was playing the PC version with this round. I'd played some yesterday with the patch and was getting occasional pre-swing lag, and post swing frame skipping as the camera panned and shifted.

I forgot to try the replay though. I wanted to see if I could reproduce what you'd seen. I'll remember to try it next time out.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I haven't tried the replay feature as I rather record something on the feed if I hit a great shot or whatever. :)

The patch has improved the game for sure, the only minimum lag I experienced (and random at that) is when I am about to putt, but I can always stop my swing.

I enjoyed the first round at Crooked Stick, was surprised that the wind was rather calm, if I didn't go for a swim on the last hole, I would have enjoyed it more. 8)

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

I know I am one who raved about Hyperion Fields, but I have to tell you I HATE that freaking course today. I have seen some real bullshit on the course today with putting grids that don't work right, approach shots that end up on the proper tier that end up rolling 50 feet away for seemingly no reason, etc., etc........

Had a -1 in round one, could not hit a shot or make a putt.

Was -11 after 11 in round 2 today and finished up -9 after seeing some real unusual crap in the final 8 holes.

No reflection on you JC whatsoever, but I get real tired of courses that seem like unusual things happen and there is no explanation.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

So who's the twat that added stupid celebrations after i make a putt now ? FFS. Can i turn that s*** off? I don't need to see my golfer jump in the air when he just made a double bogey or put a 1 finger in the air when his fingers look like the monster from M. Night Shyamalan The Village.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I just despise hole #18 at Crooked Sticks. I really do. It gets me every single time. I played three rounds and I am taking a break until Sunday to finish off the tournament. I mean you can land your drive on the fairway, but the firm landing and angle of it makes it bounce to the rough, then to the heavy rough and consequently for me anyways, the water. Really? All the time.

Just that particular hole can make havoc for my round, no matter how well I maybe playing. :evil:

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Jimmydeicide wrote:So who's the twat that added stupid celebrations after i make a putt now ? FFS. Can i turn that s*** off? I don't need to see my golfer jump in the air when he just made a double bogey or put a 1 finger in the air when his fingers look like the monster from M. Night Shyamalan The Village.
I want this celebration in an update: