HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Post by J_Cauthen »

DivotMaker wrote:http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.p ... icseen#new

Looks like another masterpiece by friendBOMBER.....he designed the fabulous TPC Sawgrass.....
Wow... I'll be playing this one! FriendBOMBER is now among the pantheon of TGC 2 Designing gods!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

DivotMaker wrote:PS4 update 1.03 is live.....Xbox update should be out next Tuesday or Wednesday....
Downloading it now... I think it's fitting that the PS4 patch came next. It's more in need of swing stutter fixing than the XBox One version.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

John,

You should contact MS and get yourself a free replacement of your Elite controller....

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15107&start=6050

Just tell them you are experiencing issues with it and you should be able to get a brand new one for the cost of shipping your old one to them.....make sure your Xbox is registered with them on Xbox Support.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I just finished two rounds with the new patch installed for the PS4 version... I only had one minor hesitation on a putt backswing over the two rounds. I was able to abort it and start over without issue. The game feels much tighter now and I'm no longer paranoid that I'm going to experience major swing stuttering. All full shots were fluid.

Patch 1.03 should revive a lot of the PS4 market, which from the numbers of players I see on "Active Courses" in the search menu, has the lion's share of the overall TGC 2 market. The same courses that I see with 2 to 4 active players on the PC version, will have 5 to 10 active players on the PS4 version... and that's not based on one, isolated observation, it's over a period of weeks, noting these numbers each day.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

DivotMaker wrote:John,

You should contact MS and get yourself a free replacement of your Elite controller....

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15107&start=6050

Just tell them you are experiencing issues with it and you should be able to get a brand new one for the cost of shipping your old one to them.....make sure your Xbox is registered with them on Xbox Support.
I'll give it a go... the worst they can say is "no". It is really annoying trying to cycle through clubs with only the L1 button, and there are some menu functions I can't get to without a functional R1 button.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

J_Cauthen wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:Starting to get my swing back with this new Elite controller.

Before I was always well within the cone on drives. Now, I am challenged to stay within the cone on either side and have found that the tempo is a huge impact on the swing path with the driver, 3W and hybrid. Irons are just fine. My old swing simply will not cut it with this new controller with the woods.

Shot a 69 in the first round, 62 in 2nd and 61 in 3rd so it is starting to come back.

Went to play the clv24's Chambers Bay again after my first round was +5 and managed a 9 under 62.....

One thing this new controller is doing is causing me to focus and "sweat" every drive which is what I have been looking for ever since I stopped playing JNPG.....

At this point, I don't think TOUR clubs need to be any more difficult.
I think this just goes to show that even with a controller that's made from quality components, such as the XBox One Elite, there can still be variance among their performance. It's not always one is necessarily better than the other one, they're just different in feel and require some adjustment from the player.

I get what I want in terms of challenge and feel out of my XBox One Silver Edition controller on the PC version, yet on the XBox One, I like the Elite controller the best... by far, over my two stock XBox One controllers and my XBox One Forza Edition controller (which is nothing more than a stock XB1 controller with a different skin). Rob prefers his stock XBox One controller over his Elite for TGC 2, so there's no magic formula for what's going to work best for individual players.

Your post reminds me... I haven't played Chambers Bay yet, and now I realize I'll have you on my heels in the DSP weekly... I knew that seven stroke lead couldn't hold up! :lol:
It is up for grabs as I sputtered to a -4 67 in the final round.....

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

DivotMaker wrote:It is up for grabs as I sputtered to a -4 67 in the final round.....
I fell off my pace a bit in round 2, as I slid back to a 63 :) I don't know what's gotten into me these two rounds as I'm playing way over my head right now. I feel guilty for some of the putts I've made, and twice on par 5's I've made birdie after hitting banana slices into the heavy rough off the tee :o

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I do really like this course we are playing for the weekend tourneu

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

fsquid wrote:I do really like this course we are playing for the weekend tourneu
I hate it. Like really despise it. On some holes, it's gotta have the most unrealistically back spin from the green to the fringe. Hole #12 as an example, it's got a huge green area along a tricky uphill to the pin. You literally have to get it close to about 5ft to the pin or it rolls down on you for the next 50-60 ft. Problem is, it doesn't necessarily roll to the fringe, but to the green itself, so you have another 60-70ft uphill putt to the pin. Just crazy.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

fsquid wrote:I do really like this course we are playing for the weekend tourneu
I agree . Loved the elevation changes, makes for some serious adjustments in the approaches not just your run of the mill de loft hit next shot.
I have no problems with the way the greens acted , the times i spun off the green was because there was a severe slope, your ball shouldnt stop half way down the hill because you think its been rolling for too long its should stop when it hits the fringe or the slope ends.

I gave it 5 stars and made it a favorite.
Great course Vader, we should look for some others that have the elevation changes in them reminds me a lot of the local courses by me. Its fun teeing off on a massive elevated tee and watching that ball fly. 8)

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Yeah I liked it, I could have finished the tournament under par if not for the second round pin on hole 9, hit 3 chips that came back to where I was standing, then tried a flop and it came back so I finally used the putter to push it up past the hole to where it didn't roll back anymore.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

vader29 wrote:Yeah I liked it, I could have finished the tournament under par if not for the second round pin on hole 9, hit 3 chips that came back to where I was standing, then tried a flop and it came back so I finally used the putter to push it up past the hole to where it didn't roll back anymore.
I had a bad last round, and did the exact same thing on the exact same hole. It was ridiculous.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Since I screwed up the PS4 and PC weeklies this week to end this morning, I've got ACES-R-WILD's brand new, more definitive rendition of Quail Hollow featured in a special Sunday edition daily in both the PS4 and PC socieities. It plays more like Quail Hollow, and looks more like it, although it's missing a first cut around the fairways. I've also come to the conclusion that there's really not a theme that lends itself to parkland courses like Quail Hollow very well.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

J_Cauthen wrote:Since I screwed up the PS4 and PC weeklies this week to end this morning, I've got ACES-R-WILD's brand new, more definitive rendition of Quail Hollow featured in a special Sunday edition daily in both the PS4 and PC socieities. It plays more like Quail Hollow, and looks more like it, although it's missing a first cut around the fairways. I've also come to the conclusion that there's really not a theme that lends itself to parkland courses like Quail Hollow very well.
Nice...thanks John!

Congrats on the win in the weekly....nice final round to beat me by a mile!

Quail Hollow is up for grabs...I coughed and sputtered the whole round....hit almost every fairway bunker off the tee and could not make a R>L or L>R putt to save my life.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Burrowing Owl Golf Club by Crazycanuck1985 is a masterpiece. IMO, best looking and playing course to date....

Going to go play The Greens at Old Rasputin by Griff.....I hear it is equally impressive.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

vader29 wrote:I could have finished the tournament under par if not for the second round pin on hole 9, hit 3 chips that came back to where I was standing

Like I said, I did the exact same thing 3x as well. First with a flop, then with a pitch, then with a chip.

:oops:

XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Happens all the time...

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

DivotMaker wrote:Burrowing Owl Golf Club by Crazycanuck1985 is a masterpiece. IMO, best looking and playing course to date...
Gave it a try. Nice. Long par fours, beautiful scenery, fair bounces and no BS rolls in the greens. Shot a-1, top players like you with Tour clubs probably murder this course.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

10spro wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:Burrowing Owl Golf Club by Crazycanuck1985 is a masterpiece. IMO, best looking and playing course to date...
Gave it a try. Nice. Long par fours, beautiful scenery, fair bounces and no BS rolls in the greens. Shot a-1, top players like you with Tour clubs probably murder this course.
I think I shot -4.....tough but fair course.

Love to play it again....

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Very nice track. It chugs on the XB1 though.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Diablo25 wrote:Very nice track. It chugs on the XB1 though.
Not surprised....hope it doesn't chug on the X1X.....hope HB patches the game to take advantage of 4K and HDR....

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

DivotMaker wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Very nice track. It chugs on the XB1 though.
Not surprised....hope it doesn't chug on the X1X.....hope HB patches the game to take advantage of 4K and HDR....
That would be great if they did. Hell, they'd be crazy not to take advantage of the horsepower.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Montreux tourney results for Xbox One, congrats to John once again.

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:Montreux tourney results for Xbox One, congrats to John once again.

I had a bogey bogey finish, which included a 3-putt from 6 feet on the final hole to make it a more "exciting" conclusion than it should have been. It was a fun tournament though.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

The wind in round 2 had me beaten all ends up. I need to play more in blustery conditions to understand which shots are worst affected, exactly how bad the effects are and so forth, rather than playing with my PGA Tour Golf 2 head on and thinking every shot is equally impacted, because everything about my play that round was rotten.

Not that I can blame the wind for having 3 chips roll back to my shoes off the front of the same green, mind, and I should thank it for leaving me 50 feet up a tree and the game having my golfer actually play from there. That's especially true since it was where one of my only pars of the round came from...
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim