HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Post by 10spro »

Cool Vader, thanks for the setup. Besides the entry fees, don't forget to contribute towards the Society for future events.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Def wouldn't say the server issues are better. Just finished two more rounds, got he screen shot of my final score and boom...I exit to the main menu and it's gone. Vanished...like it never happened.

BTW, if there is an XBOX user named Toddarito...that's my little bro. He wants to join the society, so you'll see the request shortly.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Def wouldn't say the server issues are better. Just finished two more rounds, got he screen shot of my final score and boom...I exit to the main menu and it's gone. Vanished...like it never happened.

BTW, if there is an XBOX user named Toddarito...that's my little bro. He wants to join the society, so you'll see the request shortly.
That sucks. I havent had an issue for 3 days now.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Def wouldn't say the server issues are better. Just finished two more rounds, got he screen shot of my final score and boom...I exit to the main menu and it's gone. Vanished...like it never happened.
Same thing just happened to me playing in the DSP Society tournament on the PS4. I went back to the society main page and queued up the tournament round and it offered to let me "Begin Round 1". :(

BTW guys in the PS4 Society... The Taby GCC was NOT the course I thought I was creating this tournament at... on the PC I had it correctly as the Taby Golfklubb. This course was hard to play though as it looked more like a mildly altered autogen course. It's certainly a far cry from the greatness of the Taby Golfklubb by MikeMike :?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Finished the PC daily went +10 on the front and -3 on the back. It will be fun playing with this small group but I think I need to also join one of the official handicapped societies when Divot is throwing up -13 rounds :D I'd love to shoot a round under par once in this game.

It seems the official societies aren't really enforced as my cap is like a 9 but I'm able to join the 10-19 one.

I still think I'm doing something wrong on sand and shots from the rough. I've more than my share of shots from the rough that were perfect / perfect and in the red cone that barley go 100 yards. It is just frustrating, while rough should be a penalty it shouldn't be this absurd IMO.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

vader29 wrote:
Gangrel wrote:I requested in the Xbone society the other day.

I'm also thinking of ditching tour clubs for player as I spent too much time in the junk! Lol.
I approved you yesterday morning, you have to go back into the society to approve the approval.
Okey dokey, I wasn't on yesterday, I was playing real golf in actual sunshine, which has been in short supply so far this summer! I also came about 6 inches from a hole in one. Probably the closest I'll ever get, real or virtual!

I'll get on tonight, both kids are actually asleep already, so I can finally get a few holes in!
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I can't do the tempo AND hit it straight. If I'm in line alignment wise, my downswing is always fast. If I'm perfect/perfect, here comes the hook!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

fsquid wrote:I can't do the tempo AND hit it straight. If I'm in line alignment wise, my downswing is always fast. If I'm perfect/perfect, here comes the hook!
You can't think "accelerate through the ball" when swinging the club with this game. I try to make my downswing speed match my backswing speed, and I always try to start my downswing, just before I've reached the mechanical stop at the top of the backswing. That approach gives me the best chance of achieving perfect/perfect, which I'd say I hit 75 to 80% of the time on full shots. You're better off with a perfect/slow tempo than you are a perfect/fast tempo. The former will result in a stronger pull than the latter will a push.

Try just slowing your swing down altogether and see if you don't get more consistent results. The swing path is always going to be a battle, and I struggle with it daily, but that's what makes this game so endearing to me... it's just like the struggle I have with swing path/swing plane in real life!

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

So i did the Arctic tourney on Xbox, and finished at +7. (hey, i'm using Tour clubs you wusses!) But the leaderboard in the society menu shows me as +1?

Is something wacky going on?
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I played the daily in the PS4 society and didn't get credit for it. I think I was +6
GT = Wilk5280

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Wilk5280 wrote:I played the daily in the PS4 society and didn't get credit for it. I think I was +6
That's two of us then. Were your scores showing on the leaderboard in between holes? Mine were not, yet when the round was over, I was told that I was in first place on the leaderboard, after shooting a 67.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Sent in my request to join the DSP group on the XBox. (Leadfoot5)

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Gangrel wrote:So i did the Arctic tourney on Xbox, and finished at +7. (hey, i'm using Tour clubs you wusses!) But the leaderboard in the society menu shows me as +1?

I'm with ya on tour clubs. Although on some rounds i'm wondering if I should just try player clubs at least once. Cant wait to play some more tournys and dailies.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Leadfoot5 wrote:Sent in my request to join the DSP group on the XBox. (Leadfoot5)
You are in.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Gangrel wrote:So i did the Arctic tourney on Xbox, and finished at +7. (hey, i'm using Tour clubs you wusses!) But the leaderboard in the society menu shows me as +1?

Doesn't even show you on my leader board or member list so something must be going on.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Finally shot under par last night, switched to Tour clubs and I don't feel any less in control then player clubs. I also found a trick on the driving range that I think will allow me to hit fairways more often,

i wish this game had the ability to calibrate your thumb stick and it also showed shot power, at least on the driving range so you could get an idea where an 80% shot is etc.
Follow Me on:

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Happy Thursday!

I do see scores posted from yesterday's PS4 play. All 3 of us ;)

I don't, however, see a tournament setup for today yet.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

FifaInspected wrote:Happy Thursday!

Yeah, I was shocked to see that I had a score posted because it definitely wasn't up on the leaderboard when the tournament was still live. We've got 5 members in the PS4 Society, and another who expressed his interest in it two days ago. Maybe it will pick up as things progress.
I just got this week's 72 hole tournament published. It's at Shaliath, one of Crazy-Canucks courses. DivotMaker (Tim) recommended it and it was one of my favorites from the beta.

HB Studios didn't think this Society tournament creation utility out very well. It won't let the user set up a tournament in advance of the date, and have it launch on said date in the future. It seems that all tournament events start at 4:00 AM EDT, yet I couldn't tell the game to start the rest of the week's 72 hole tournament at that time, prior to 4:00 AM EDT today. I slept in a bit since I'm on night shift this weekend and created it at 10:20 AM.

I'm going to see if I can't pursuade HBS to make it optional to set up tournaments in advance. There are going to be times where I won't be around for a couple of days at a time to launch tournaments on demand, right at the scheduled start date. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 and 14 had a provision for setting up club events well into the future, so I see no reason why HBS couldn't do this with TGC 2.

I need to apologize to the DSP PC Society for the gaff I committed this morning in setting up the 72 hole event this week at Shaliath. I unwittingly fat-fingered 3+ days, from my original value of 4+ days, meaning now that the tournament will end at 4:00 AM EDT, Sunday morning instead of Monday morning. I hope everyone who planned to play will still be able to get their rounds in.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Honestly John I can bang out a whole tourney in one sitting if I need too so that's not a problem.

If I'm understanding you correctly you can't set up future tournaments? Makes the point of a season schedule menu option kind of silly then.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:Finally shot under par last night, switched to Tour clubs and I don't feel any less in control then player clubs.
Try it on the XBox One with Tour clubs versus Player clubs and you'll see a huge difference... or at least I did. Me and my Tour clubs are DFL right now in the DSP (XB1) 72 hole tournament, at +33 :oops: :) I hit 2 fairways and 7 greens in last night's final round :o

There is less of a difference between the two on the PC, or at least a slightly better than average gaming PC. You'll eventually find that it's still there. Wait until you tee it up one day and can't do anything but hook, even with your practice swings. That's happened to me twice over the last three days. :cry:
i wish this game had the ability to calibrate your thumb stick and it also showed shot power, at least on the driving range so you could get an idea where an 80% shot is etc.
Yeah, I don't know why they couldn't offer this on the range. JNPG has such a feature on their range and it's very helpful.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:Honestly John I can bang out a whole tourney in one sitting if I need too so that's not a problem.

If I'm understanding you correctly you can't set up future tournaments? Makes the point of a season schedule menu option kind of silly then.
Yeah, I think most of us will be able to carve out 4 rounds over the next three days. Yeah, it's a fact that you can't set up future tournaments; you can only add them *after* the scheduled start day and time (4:00 AM EDT) has arrived. They've GOT to fix this. I could kick myself for not creating a Society and testing it during beta testing. I participated in Societies in the beta, but never created one of my own to experience this for myself.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Wilk5280 wrote:I played the daily in the PS4 society and didn't get credit for it. I think I was +6
That's two of us then. Were your scores showing on the leaderboard in between holes? Mine were not, yet when the round was over, I was told that I was in first place on the leaderboard, after shooting a 67.
Nope. Only 2 other players were on the leaderboard, and 1 was only through the 3rd hole.
GT = Wilk5280

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

John am I correct in assuming that the official societies aren't enforcing handicaps?
Follow Me on:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Caramel Creek is a beauty. And a joy to play. Not overly challenging, not a cakewalk. The really morning fog sitting on the fairways is really nice.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Pete
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Pete »

J_Cauthen wrote:
FifaInspected wrote:Happy Thursday!

Yeah, I was shocked to see that I had a score posted because it definitely wasn't up on the leaderboard when the tournament was still live. We've got 5 members in the PS4 Society, and another who expressed his interest in it two days ago. Maybe it will pick up as things progress.
I just got this week's 72 hole tournament published. It's at Shaliath, one of Crazy-Canucks courses. DivotMaker (Tim) recommended it and it was one of my favorites from the beta.

I will try to join the PS4 Society tonight.

My name on the PS4 is MRKohlman.

Thanks!