HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Post by Danimal »

Looking for ward to playing more tonight.

Can someone tell me where this Ranged option is and what it does? i assume it give a club range instead of precise distance.

I thought it was cool that I changed my shaft color on my Driver and it transferred to my other clubs.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Danimal wrote:Looking for ward to playing more tonight.

Can someone tell me where this Ranged option is and what it does? i assume it give a club range instead of precise distance.

I thought it was cool that I changed my shaft color on my Driver and it transferred to my other clubs.
Hit the profile button and go to the gear tab I believe for gameplay settings. Its in the gameplay settings, can't remember the exact name of it. It is defaulted to precise. Can't miss it once you get to the right section. This is from memory, sorry if I'm wrong.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

BTW can you play with Ghost in this game? I seem to recall this in TGC 1 but I haven't seen any in the rounds I've played.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:BTW can you play with Ghost in this game? I seem to recall this in TGC 1 but I haven't seen any in the rounds I've played.
You have to add them before the round...after you click Play Round on the course screen.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Whose gamer tag is Danvanan?
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Finally got a round in this afternoon. I plan on getting after the first round of the society event. For some reason I started skanking the ball all over the place in my last round. Hope I don't implode in the first society tourney!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Danimal wrote:Looking for ward to playing more tonight.

Looks like it still gives the exact club length, but will give approximate distance to the pin. "Pin is 100-110 away"
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Whats the consensus on clubs? Is it cool if you go back and fourth between sets? Seems on shorter courses like the first Tourney you could get away with the shorter more accurate clubs and switch to player on a longer course if you feel you need the distance.
What are everyones thoughts? does it even matter what clubs people use?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Whats the consensus on clubs? Is it cool if you go back and fourth between sets? Seems on shorter courses like the first Tourney you could get away with the shorter more accurate clubs and switch to player on a longer course if you feel you need the distance.
I am assuming everyone is on Player but it's a good question, are we talking about 20/30 yards difference depending on the build?

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

10spro wrote:
Jimmydeicide wrote:Whats the consensus on clubs? Is it cool if you go back and fourth between sets? Seems on shorter courses like the first Tourney you could get away with the shorter more accurate clubs and switch to player on a longer course if you feel you need the distance.
I am assuming everyone is on Player but it's a good question, are we talking about 20/30 yards difference depending on the build?
Tour and ranged here
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Started the first event in the society and the connection crapped out right on my backswing...blew it way right into trouble - tripled the god damn hole after re establishing the connection. Then it crapped out again. :evil:
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Yeah . trying to do the black brook one to get feet wet and 4 disconnects in middle of swings, glitching on back swings, pretty tough to do anything.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Yeah, I saw you guys playing and tried to add you as live rivals to play with. 5 holes, 8 disconnects. Will try again later.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Just a terrible launch of a game and quite inexcusable. I know it'll all get sorted eventually, but I can't even play the game right now. :(
GT = Wilk5280

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Finally got the first round in after getting a triple on hole #1. I went 2 over the rest of the way for a +5. Not bad considering the BS disconnect first hole. The game is going to be so good once they clear up the server issues.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Today has been good for me, connection wise. Played two rounds in career, several random 18, and no issues.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

I played 3 holes before being disconnected,

Also, i am trying to join the society on xbone and when i hit the a button, it just spins and spins and eventually just sends me back to the society menu,
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Wilk5280 wrote:Just a terrible launch of a game and quite inexcusable. I know it'll all get sorted eventually, but I can't even play the game right now. :(
It took me over 30 minutes, and about 7 or 8 retries, just to get to the PS4 admin screen for DSP this evening. I can understand why we're not getting that many requests to join if it's as hard to request membership as it is to get the screen where you can approve it! :?

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

J_Cauthen wrote: OTOH, I was able to bring up the DSP Society's admin page on the PC version. I didn't see any new membership requests, and I'm thinking Don submitted one last night. Has anyone submitted a request for PC Society membership and not had it process yet?
I can't get online in the game to send in my request for DSP Society on PC (Steam) version of TGC2. I keep getting the message to reconnect online at the main menu but unable to go online.

Very frustrating! :x

-MERACE

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I picked up the PS4 version and the graphics definitely do look better vs TGC1 on the PC and XONE. I'll definitely buy it for the PC once it goes on sale. I don't know what it is about video game golf but I really dig playing it while I actually can't stand the sport. :lol:

I was able to play the Mauna Kea course and it looks real nice, it takes me back to the Links 386 days on the PC.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I've been accepted to the DSP Society. How the hell do I access the tournament? I press the A button and just am caught in an endless loop of returning to the main Society page.

Holy botched rollout of a game, Batman. This is VERY shoddy.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I think HBS grossly misjudged the pre-orders for this game and didn't have their servers up to meeting the demand. The non North American part of the world started getting their games unlocked or installed at 7:00 PM EDT tonight, I can see see that the increased demands on the servers have only made matters worse.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

:x Had a nice round going and then just jumped the rails on the back 9 of my first round.

How bad were things out there?

It was late and I should've been clearer. The ball remained lodged "inside" the tree for the next shot. It was late...
Last edited by RobVarak on Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:I've been accepted to the DSP Society. How the hell do I access the tournament? I press the A button and just am caught in an endless loop of returning to the main Society page.

Holy botched rollout of a game, Batman. This is VERY shoddy.
Try to join the society again...I had to do that after I was "accepted"...for some reason it just needs to be tweaked.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Played the first round at Royal Ethalwind just now, servers were super smooth and the scorecard actually kept up to date after every hole. Had 5 or 6 easy putts that I just missed and really blew it on I think it was hole 14 or 15, landed on the beach behind a big rock and thought I could hit over it but instead went backwards off the rock. :oops:
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone