HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: HB Studios Next-Gen golf game: The Golf Club

Post by J_Cauthen »

Rodster wrote:For those that are beta testing it, how do the graphics compare Xbox vs PS4?
I don't understand why we haven't seen any 1080p gameplay videos of the console versions yet. I really hope that will change this week. I was in the beta, but as Tim says, it was PC only.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:PC only for me, seems like that is going to be a lonely DSP club though.
Yeah, the PC ranks are looking pretty thin right now, but it might catch on.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

DivotMaker wrote: As soon as the game is released, I will send a message to the Producer and see what chances we have of getting an "Official society" which would allow us to have the same conditions and leaderboards across platforms, but not cross-play online.
I'm confused about this Tim, I thought I'd read that the leaderboards would not be visible from other platforms, even if it is an official society, and that the benefit would be that a Society competition calendar could be set to be common among all three platforms? Am I missing it?

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

J_Cauthen wrote:
DivotMaker wrote: As soon as the game is released, I will send a message to the Producer and see what chances we have of getting an "Official society" which would allow us to have the same conditions and leaderboards across platforms, but not cross-play online.
I'm confused about this Tim, I thought I'd read that the leaderboards would not be visible from other platforms, even if it is an official society, and that the benefit would be that a Society competition calendar could be set to be common among all three platforms? Am I missing it?
You are likely right and I have misspoken.

Thanks!

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:I just received my receipt from Microsoft for my online order :).
I got an e-mail from Amazon.com confirming that my Amazon Prime order for The Golf Club 2 (PS4) would be shipped such that it would arrive on June 27th. I wasn't expecting to get a release day delivery from a service that's normally 2nd day shipping, but I'll take it. I've got a preorder in for the Digital version on the PC via Steam, so I should be playing that one shortly after midnight on the 27th :)

I'll probably cave and get the XBox One version preordered with Amazon. For $31.99, it's hard not to jump on it!
Yeah if you have Amazon Prime all pre-ordered games get delivered on release day.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

vader29 wrote:
J_Cauthen wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:I just received my receipt from Microsoft for my online order :).
I got an e-mail from Amazon.com confirming that my Amazon Prime order for The Golf Club 2 (PS4) would be shipped such that it would arrive on June 27th. I wasn't expecting to get a release day delivery from a service that's normally 2nd day shipping, but I'll take it. I've got a preorder in for the Digital version on the PC via Steam, so I should be playing that one shortly after midnight on the 27th :)

I'll probably cave and get the XBox One version preordered with Amazon. For $31.99, it's hard not to jump on it!
Yeah if you have Amazon Prime all pre-ordered games get delivered on release day.
Not in my case which upon bringing it to a customer agent, I was reminded of their two day policy and ultimately it was up to the game company whether a certain game could be released at the same time day of release day.

So at one point I cancelled my Prime and had a few pre-orders with BB where they did ship games on release day with a minimum charge of $35 which was no problem. So I told myself why would I want to pay for a feature that can/may take up to 2 days where others deliver them on time.

One thing about Prime though is their 20% off on certain games. Hope they can improve in the shipping department for gamers.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

But that's Canadian Amazon.

:P
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

pre-ordered tonight. XB1. Really looking forward to it.
Last edited by RobVarak on Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Xbox one

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

XB1 here

"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I'm pre-loaded and ready to go on XB1. The file size has to be bigger than 3 gigs though, right?
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:PC only for me, seems like that is going to be a lonely DSP club though.
I'll be there with you I'm sure. My dad and I are gonna play on the PC quite a bit.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Why wouldn't all three leader boards be visible? I understand not combining the 3 LB's but why wouldn't you be able to see them?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote: Why wouldn't all three leader boards be visible? I understand not combining the 3 LB's but why wouldn't you be able to see them?
The only plausible explanation I've heard for it is you could have gamertags that are acceptable being displayed on another platform where the same gamertag might be considered offensive. They were worried about course names not meeting acceptable standards across PS4 and XB1, in TGC 1, yet they got cross-platform courses done there. I don't see where gamertags would be that much different?

It sure would make it a lot more fun and cohesive for groups like this who are going to playing across three platforms. I'm going work on getting a better answer from HBS on this question. This ought to be doable!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Aristo wrote:I'm pre-loaded and ready to go on XB1. The file size has to be bigger than 3 gigs though, right?
The Golf Club's courses are loaded from HB's servers as you play them so they aren't taking up space on the HD. I believe I am correct in this assessment :). I'm sure JC could confirm this.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:
Aristo wrote:I'm pre-loaded and ready to go on XB1. The file size has to be bigger than 3 gigs though, right?
The Golf Club's courses are loaded from HB's servers as you play them so they aren't taking up space on the HD. I believe I am correct in this assessment :). I'm sure JC could confirm this.
I expect the console version file size to be somewhere between 4 and 7 Gigs, based on history. I also expect there to be a day one update.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

My downloaded file size on the Xbox One is 4.7 GB.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

HB had another Twitch stream today. If anyone is interested just check it out on "past broadcasts" on Twitch. I'm sure it'll be on YouTube soon also. They went thru the course editor which looks better/easier than ever. I know I've said this before but I can't believe they are selling this at launch for $39.99. Absolute steal. Pumped for Monday night.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Some user on Twitch named IrvingRLevine got a retail PS4 copy and streamed it for a bit. Game looks very good. I havent watched a lot of it yet but at one point when he was in gameplay options there were two options for gameplay..."Precise" and "Ranged". That sound Promising.
Here is the link to his stream. Just go to his past broadcasts.

https://m.twitch.tv/IrvingRLevine
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I found this funny. Walked into Best Buy because my kid wanted a Wii game, and when I passed through the PS4 section:

They had both the Xbox One and PS4 versions out for sale.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Nice!! :D

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

WTF Terry, you post that and then no impressions. :D
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Danimal wrote:WTF Terry, you post that and then no impressions. :D
Sorry, I didn't actually buy it. I guess I should have included that little tidbit! I knew I wouldn't have time with multiple house showings and my son's birthday this past weekend, so I figured I'd just wait until the XBox Version (which I already digitally purchased) released. I was just posting it so some guys who are on the hunt for an early version may be able to get lucky.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Doh! :D

When does it release tomorrow?
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:Doh! :D

When does it release tomorrow?
Digital version should be unlocked at midnight tonight. My son will start playing at 12:01 a.m., I'm sure. He's the same kid who played more than 200 holes of TGC 1 in one day a few weeks ago. I'll let you know of his impressions! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425