OT: Medical Issue

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

OT: Medical Issue

Post by grtwhtsk »

Guys I mentioned a medical issue in my posting in the "For Sale" thread. I posted this on Facebook last night:

My family really needs your prayers. This is a very public forum for a very private matter, but there comes a time when the desire for privacy is outweighed by the need for prayer warriors. My daughter has been diagnosed with a serious illness, and we are finally ready to let the world in. My wife started a blog so that those we don't see or talk to regularly can stay updated. This first post is a summary of the last three months.

http://hopeinthedarkestdays.blogspot.com/

This blog is Rachel's despite the name not matching that of our child. Rachel gave her a nickname, since the blog is public. Nadia means "hope," and we love that nickname for her.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: OT: Medical Issue

Post by webdanzer »

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family in what must be an awful, terrifying situation.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Yeah...I really don't even know what to say other than good luck and we'll all be praying for ya buddy.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Wow, talk about rocking your world.

Good luck with the long road ahead.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

That made me a bit misty-eyed, man. Serious thoughts and prayers are with you. Some days I have the "24 hour monitored surveillance" days with my escape-artist Autistic son, and feel a bit of the "how did I get here?" vibe.

Reading that story puts all of it in perspective. Just...wow.

Hang in there. :cry:

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Thoughts and prayers are with you brother. As a physician I find the patients with serious mental health issues that end up doing well are generally those that have really good family supports - it seems like your daughter has that in spades. I'm really hoping everything works out and you're able to find a medication and treatment regime that works for her. Will definitely check in on the blog from time to time.

Lavan

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Thoughts and prayers, g. :(

I can only imagine the feelings with such a tumultuous situation. Like Macca said, strong family support is the best hope and you seem to have it in abundance. Please keep us posted and our thoughts are with you.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I'll be praying for your daughter and your family.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Wow....I'm very very sorry for all that your family is going through. I really hope everything turns out well, and your daughter steadily gets better over time. She's definitely is in mine and my family's thoughts.

We're going through something similar with my 11 year old son, but certainly not to the extent that you are. He's had a very difficult time transitioning to middle school, making new friends, dealing with multiple teachers, all along handling homework assignments. Within the past several months, his mother and I noticed his behavior change. He's always been very extroverted, and still is. However, he's more quiet and distant he has been and any little thing can set him off. He's had many emotional outbursts with his mother and his sister. Now, I know all kids have problems now and then with their parents and siblings, but it's been so routine, we find ourself walking on "eggshells" just so he doesn't have an outburst.

He and I had a couple heart to heart talks (I letting him know how sad this has made his mother feel), and many times he breaks down crying and apologizing for the way he's behaved. He told me he's not happy with his life and that he's sad most of the time. He's now speaking to a psychologist, which we hope will help. He did tell the doctor that he's thought of killing himself, but would never go through with it. When my wife and I heard that, it really hit us hard. It broke my heart to hear that. The psychologist has said he exhibits signs of depression and thinks it would be helpful to see him weekly. Fortunately, our son is open to letting us know and the doctor how he feels, so we're hopeful that with time, he'll get better.

Again, you're in our thoughts. You're not alone and if you would like to talk, by all means feel free to reach out to me.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

As I said on your Facebook post, may God's grace wrap your daughter and the rest of your family in a warm blanket, Steve.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

So tough for your family, Hope...My friend told me about his son who went through the same thing but in his case, they found out when he was in his early 20's. Definitely treatable, it's a long process but my thoughts and prayers go to you and your family.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Oh man. I really have no words outside of what everyone had said already. I do want to thank you for sharing this and letting us into your life in this extremely complicated time. It not only provides me with the opportunity to keep your family in my thoughts, but it is a very intense lesson in perspective and family bond.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

Hoping for the best for you, your daughter, and wife. My mother's family has predispositions towards a lot of that kind of stuff but fortunately most of her siblings (comes from a gaggle of 8 kids total) have come through and function well in their adult lives, and may the same be said for your daughter.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Will be praying for you and your family on a regular basis. Hang in there. Where there is God there is hope!
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

No much left to say that has not already been said by everyone. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Strength to you all.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Thoughts are with you and your family dude. Stay strong.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

EZSnappin
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by EZSnappin »

Thoughts with you and yours, sir.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Echoing all...Thoughts and prayers with you and your family. Stay strong.

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

Thanks guys for the kind words, thoughts, and prayers. They are very much appreciated.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Sorry to hear that. I wish nothing but the best for you and your family and for strength to get through this.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Thoughts for you and your family.

Life can change so fast. Taking you from the lowest of lows to the highest of highs.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family on this Thanksgiving Day and going forward.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

bulls23
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by bulls23 »

Talk about a sobering read, it sure woke me up to what I'm thankful for. My thoughts and best wishes are with your family.
Currently Playing: Battlefield V, American Fugitive, Madden NFL 19, Golf Club 2019

grtwhtsk
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by grtwhtsk »

Drove to Raleigh early yesterday morning to visit with my daughter. There was extended visitation for the holiday, and we got to share a Thanksgiving meal with her. Breaks my heart every time I have to leave her in that place, but I know this is the best at this time.

Thanks again guys for the thoughts and prayers.