10 Years...

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

10 Years...

Post by Sudz »

I was looking at the Member list today and noticed that Jared started this board over 10 years ago.

Pretty amazing the same group of anonymous dudes have been bitching about videogames for that long.

Here's to ANOTHER 10!

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: 10 Years...

Post by Spooky »

Hellz yeah! Such a great community and site. Love this place. :!: :!:
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Amen brother. Thanks to Jared and all you "regulars" for keeping this old timers forum going strong. (PS - I know that everyone here is not old, but old at heart :) )
Last edited by DChaps on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

I don't post very much, but yeah, thanks to Jared for creating this community and to everyone else for the entertainment and info!!

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

If I had a nickel for every time I've tried to explain to somebody that there are people on this board who are my friends but whom I've never met... :)
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

RobVarak wrote:If I had a nickel for every time I've tried to explain to somebody that there are people on this board who are my friends but whom I've never met... :)
Isn't that a fact. I lost count of the times the wife has rolled her eyes because of something I mentioned about the "nerd board" as she'd put it. It's good that I'm not alone in that humiliation.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Ha, I get the same reaction from my wife, although I lovingly refer to this place as the "Dork Board."

Add up the SportsReviewers time and I have known quite a few of you longer than many "real" people in my life. :D

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

My wife refers to this bunch as my "invisible friends".
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

RobVarak wrote:If I had a nickel for every time I've tried to explain to somebody that there are people on this board who are my friends but whom I've never met... :)
My gf nor any of my friends really understand it at all.

I have met one person and I survived. :P

We have enough Chicago area people here that we really should have a get together one day.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

I still recall talking to PK on usenet!!

But yeah, thanks to all for making this a great place to hang out in for so long.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Yeah..sportsreviewers was at least another 3 or 4.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

LOL!! My wife refers to you all as my "imaginary" friends.... :D

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Affectionately referred to as the "merry band of idiots" over here.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

There are times I'm on DSP at home, and the wife will walk in and say "what is so important that you have to be typing something at 11 o'clock at night...let me guess..a new game came out and you have to write down what you think of it and share it with your FRIENDS???"

Besides my wife rolling her eyes, I now have a 9 and a 11 year old who thinks it's funny I converse with others on the internet about games! Because to them, I'm the only adult who plays video games, so I ocassionally like to throw you guys under the bus as well!

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I joined in 2007, but only been active on the boards here for about year and a half. Before that I was part of a smaller board with even older gamers (if you can believe that). Most of those guys stopped gaming on a regular basis and stopped posting, so I came back here. I also tried OS, but that's just too big.

I appreciate being part of an active message board of mature gamers.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

God, Web: Usenet. Holy sh*t -- we go back a long ways.

I remember Sports Reviewers. What a convoluted ball of weird. Thankfully DSP has been a bastion of relative normalcy, with good, like-minded friends bonded by the spirit of gaming.

I very much appreciate this joint and all of its members, even though I've never posted here often ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

My intro to this motley crew came via NHL Rivals and the advent of XBL. Web introduced me to PK and Zeppo there, for sure... probably others. It really is a great community of (mostly :wink: ) like-minded gamers.

To another 10!

EZSnappin
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by EZSnappin »

!0 years? Wow, no wonder I still feel like a newb after 8 years.

My wife refers to you guys as "Oh, them."

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

EZSnappin wrote:
My wife refers to you guys as "Oh, them."
Live took it to a higher level....

My gf has used some what more colorful language some of those late Ice Dragon nights.

She is actually cool with it most of the time and will bar tend and even will say hi sometimes...all depending on mood. 8)

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

So true. XBL took DSP to another level. The personalities really show up in parties. Some of my coolest moments in gaming have been with you cats and I've ever met a one of you! I almost fell out of my chair laughing when PK jumped on the Xbox360 and BF3 for the first time last year. He was in a chopper I was flying and he started laying ground fire on some people while humming that song from Apocalypse Now. It was hilarious to hear him experience the 360 for the first time. Classic.

Oh yeah, and Barry Pepper (odd Saving Private Ryan some of you may get/remember)
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Hard to believe it has been that long. I started out as bdt92 at Sports Reviewers and remember all of the crazy shenanigans there. It was that craziness that birthed ScoopBrady as I used to do a recap of the madness for those that may have missed something.

Nobody seems to understand the bond we have with each other and I just tell them that they would feel different if they were part of it. I remember making some heartbreaking posts and the support I received. I remember reading a lot of heartbreaking posts and being proud of us as a community for the support we gave.

I also remember being excited to post the news of the birth of my son after all of the heartache because of all of the support and I genuinely wanted to share the good news with my friends.

Over the years there is only one thing I regret ever posting and that is something that was directed at leebo. At the time I was in a bad place but that definitely doesn't justify or excuse it. To this day I still feel bad about it. If this group of guys didn't mean anything to me I wouldn't give a s***. But you do so I can't let it go.

Here's to another 10!
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

ScoopBrady wrote:Hard to believe it has been that long. I started out as bdt92 at Sports Reviewers and remember all of the crazy shenanigans there. It was that craziness that birthed ScoopBrady as I used to do a recap of the madness for those that may have missed something.

Nobody seems to understand the bond we have with each other and I just tell them that they would feel different if they were part of it. I remember making some heartbreaking posts and the support I received. I remember reading a lot of heartbreaking posts and being proud of us as a community for the support we gave.

I also remember being excited to post the news of the birth of my son after all of the heartache because of all of the support and I genuinely wanted to share the good news with my friends.

Over the years there is only one thing I regret ever posting and that is something that was directed at leebo. At the time I was in a bad place but that definitely doesn't justify or excuse it. To this day I still feel bad about it. If this group of guys didn't mean anything to me I wouldn't give a s***. But you do so I can't let it go.

Here's to another 10!
Great post Scoop!!!

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN

This place does kick ass for many ass kicking reasons.
Diablo25 wrote:
So true. XBL took DSP to another level. The personalities really show up in parties.
What a nice way of putting it. You are a true gentleman.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

ScoopBrady wrote:Over the years there is only one thing I regret ever posting and that is something that was directed at leebo. At the time I was in a bad place but that definitely doesn't justify or excuse it. To this day I still feel bad about it. If this group of guys didn't mean anything to me I wouldn't give a s***. But you do so I can't let it go.

Here's to another 10!
Scoop, if I could give you a big hug I would. There are definitely no hard feelings remaining on this end. I think you have apologized subsequently, but even if you didn't it doesn't matter. It's long forgotten and I think it shows how much we mean to each other at DSP since normally I wouldn't have even cared what some person I never met said on the Internet. I remember being pissed at the time and taking you off one of my friends' lists but I couldn't even compel myself to take you off both and even then I immediately regretted it. It's not like I haven't had my share of arguments over the years either and said things I regretted.

This place has been a big part of my life for the past decade and longer back to SR. I meant it the other day when I said I really don't frequent other gaming sites (and I only lurk at a couple other message boards of any type). Sure, if I am dying for impressions, sliders, or PES option files but it's always in and quickly out. But I bet if I looked back at my search history the longest I've gone without reading the forum is 7-10 days and I am probably on here 300 out of 365 days a year. The few times it's been down for more than a short time have been miserable.

Here's to another 10 indeed.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Love DSP...I lurk more than I post but I always know that I'll get the info I'm looking for right here in this forum. You guys even coined a name for some of my quick reviews and thrashings of games...."tjung it" :lol: I haven't met a one of you, yet it feels very much like a fraternity here.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Leebo33 wrote: Here's to another 10 indeed.
There were a couple of days a few years back where I actually thought about ditching this place....You did something I thought was too f***in cool.

Thanks again Leebo. :D