10 Years...

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: 10 Years...

Post by Inuyasha »

fatheadX wrote:I'm almost strictly a lurker these days as I almost never game anymore but I still check the boards every single day. I was around in the SR days and I really appreciate the group that posts here.

My favorite online gaming memory is setting up the Xbox in my basement and trying to keep up with everyone on MotoGP; my family knew to let me have my uninterrupted hour or so on race night. So much fun. It was cool seeing BBReBozo in the Forza clip posted today, that dude was seriously fast in MotoGP. I've continued to subscribe to Xbox Live in the thought I would get back into something like that but I never have. Luckily, my boys do some online gaming so it isn't just wasted money!

I visit one other forum regularly, one devoted to RBI Baseball on the NES (don't judge). That group of guys has gotten together several times for weekends devoted to gaming, drinking, and shenanigans. I finally went to my first one in August. It was held in Chicago and we had about fifteen attendees. It was a great time, I highly recommend pushing for a DSP Fest™.
BBr hehe.....it's amazing he was just some guy like the rest of us posting on the SR forums to now being lead guy on Forza. I had a falling out with him some years back but we sort of made up a few years ago when he was at Gamespot. But once he moved to Seattle he's been superbusy and I've somewhat lost touch. Glad to see him doing good these days :)

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I would definitely be interested in a Chicago event or if we can't get that to work at least a more regional get together for those of us in the Mid-Atlantic states. Harrisburg/Hershey seems like a nice central location :)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I always remember my greeting to BB whenever we played Rainbow 6 in a DSP room during the early, halcyon days of XBL, "BB, you filthy animal." :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

bdunn13
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by bdunn13 »

I have met one person from here in person (teal).....

About 8 years ago I mailed a console(launch PS3 I believe) to someone on here before I received the money from them.... they ended up paying me when they said they would. That took a lot of trust as it was around $600.

Someone that use to post on here and OS invited me to their wedding recently (and I have never met them in person)... I wasn't able to go as it was too far away.
The wedding was out of the country.... reception was back in the states.

I have exchanged phone numbers with a few on here and text them from time to time.......

BD
XBL: bdunn13
PSN: bdunn13

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

ScoopBrady wrote:Hard to believe it has been that long. I started out as bdt92 at Sports Reviewers and remember all of the crazy shenanigans there. It was that craziness that birthed ScoopBrady as I used to do a recap of the madness for those that may have missed something.

Nobody seems to understand the bond we have with each other and I just tell them that they would feel different if they were part of it. I remember making some heartbreaking posts and the support I received. I remember reading a lot of heartbreaking posts and being proud of us as a community for the support we gave.

I also remember being excited to post the news of the birth of my son after all of the heartache because of all of the support and I genuinely wanted to share the good news with my friends.

Over the years there is only one thing I regret ever posting and that is something that was directed at leebo. At the time I was in a bad place but that definitely doesn't justify or excuse it. To this day I still feel bad about it. If this group of guys didn't mean anything to me I wouldn't give a s***. But you do so I can't let it go.

Here's to another 10!
Amen!

Don't get here like I used to but I always check in to see how my old gaming brothers are doing. Peace and happiness to you and yours!
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Ditto to all that has been posted. When I come home from vacation I come here and check messages before my emails. I've had some of the best gaming memories here. Playing GR with 16 people co-op, Rainbow 6 with Teal and Mix. Countless Madden battle with Terry and last but not least the insane laughing of playing L4D with so many. I don't think a game / group has made me laugh so much in my life.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I stumbled on this site when pk was doing game reviews...

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

And Spooky's wife works at my company now. Small world.

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

I celebrated my post by updating my email address in my profile and getting locked out of my account! I guess I didn't learn how to forum in 10 years.
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Thinking the midwest get together should be in the 'Lou...St. Louis as we have not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 St. Louisans who are part of the brotherhood at DSP. Sadly, we've never gotten together for a drink at one of the bars around town.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

sportdan30 wrote:Thinking the midwest get together should be in the 'Lou...St. Louis as we have not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 St. Louisans who are part of the brotherhood at DSP. Sadly, we've never gotten together for a drink at one of the bars around town.
Count me IN! :)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'm pretty sure there are more than 4 of us from Chicago. I know we have me, Rob, Scoop and 34 at least.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Danimal wrote:I'm pretty sure there are more than 4 of us from Chicago. I know we have me, Rob, Scoop and 34 at least.
Fine...we'll meet in Bloomimgton, IL!

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Dp

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

MizzouRah wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:Thinking the midwest get together should be in the 'Lou...St. Louis as we have not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 St. Louisans who are part of the brotherhood at DSP. Sadly, we've never gotten together for a drink at one of the bars around town.
Count me IN! :)
Let's do it!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:Dp
Wouldn't that be triple penetration if there are four of you? :lol:

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

Plus who wants to go to St. Louis voluntarily? :P
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

California is nice this time of year. We may be at least 4 and more so suck that mid west bitches looks like yall be flying here. Your pastey white skins will see the sun i guarantee it. Or whatever race you really are everyone likes the sun. :D

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Jimmydeicide wrote: Or whatever race you really are everyone likes the sun. :D

bulls23
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by bulls23 »

Is Superior Man invited? :mrgreen:
Currently Playing: Battlefield V, American Fugitive, Madden NFL 19, Golf Club 2019

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I don't know why I did this today, but I went "damn this forum has 515 pages? What was going on back then?"

I swear, it's like a crazy blast from the past reading back through these things. Superior Man's site recreation, PK's early first posts, bkrich83's "hello, new here" post.

Issues with NFL2K, and a thread to "PC gamers", where I actually stated "Star Wars Galaxies is the most system-intensive game I know of...." :lol:

Or ones like this. "First Day on Xbox Live". That's hilarious.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=218

So, yeah...10 years and then some. Some of those old threads are like looking at an old photo album and cackling the whole time.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Holy crap...9 threads for NFL 2k3 on pg. 510. I'd have an aneurism today. Who the F was moderating back then? LOL...no one obviously.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

:lol:

I actually thought about that while browsing through those. And all of the soccer threads, followed by individual IRL threads.

I kept thinking you'd lose your mind. Yet part of that whole site growth period was the LACK of moderation after getting away from over-moderated boards. Just kinda funny to see how the entire community just sort of organically figured it out, other than political and religious debate rules needing to be enforced.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

We really don't live to far from each other. Aren't you in Chesterfield? I'm 15 minutes west of Chesterfield at 40/94, although Todd is a bit farther out in Troy. We should plan a night to meet up out in the Valley one night. The Brickhouse is good place!
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

TCrouch wrote:I don't know why I did this today, but I went "damn this forum has 515 pages? What was going on back then?"

I swear, it's like a crazy blast from the past reading back through these things. Superior Man's site recreation, PK's early first posts, bkrich83's "hello, new here" post.

Issues with NFL2K, and a thread to "PC gamers", where I actually stated "Star Wars Galaxies is the most system-intensive game I know of...." :lol:

Or ones like this. "First Day on Xbox Live". That's hilarious.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=218

So, yeah...10 years and then some. Some of those old threads are like looking at an old photo album and cackling the whole time.
Just spent an hour or so reading the old threads, great tip Terry.
Some serious LOL moments i just had.
The flashpoint threads are classic and the Pro fishing challenge threads, wow. Classic DSP :D