Battlefield 4

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by Pete1210 »

Thanks. I found the maps in game, store menu.

My new problem is I lost my campaign progress. I read that this is an issue across most platforms.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Threw together some clips of my Bf4 session tonight. The last one is on the map Parcel Storm when the storm was just beginning.

Last edited by Diablo25 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Diablo25 wrote:Threw together some clips of my Bf4 session tonight. The last one is on the map Parcel Storm when the storm was just beginning.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=B ... deo%2c.mp4
Love the stinger shot to take out the jet!

I unlocked all the Engineer class gadgets and got the SRAW (wire guided rocket), it's awesome - got a nice Quadruple Kill, which it saved to my daughter's profile suggesting that she is the most lethal 3 and a half year old in Canada...

;)

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=E ... deo%2c.mp4

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Macca00 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Threw together some clips of my Bf4 session tonight. The last one is on the map Parcel Storm when the storm was just beginning.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=B ... deo%2c.mp4
Love the stinger shot to take out the jet!

I unlocked all the Engineer class gadgets and got the SRAW (wire guided rocket), it's awesome - got a nice Quadruple Kill, which it saved to my daughter's profile suggesting that she is the most lethal 3 and a half year old in Canada...

;)

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=E ... deo%2c.mp4
Hehe, love it.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

China Rising Expansion out today.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Diablo25 wrote:China Rising Expansion out today.
Yes! Just played 3 of the maps on the PC + new patch. Maps are different, less straight lines for vehicles, the three I played take place in rural china so lot of hills, rice paddies, wooden/fragile bridges. Very different feel than the default/base-game maps.

New patch clocks in at 800MB, they took out the UAV jamming 'fuzzy' effect amongst other things.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Macca00 wrote:
Yes! Just played 3 of the maps on the PC + new patch. Maps are different, less straight lines for vehicles, the three I played take place in rural china so lot of hills, rice paddies, wooden/fragile bridges. Very different feel than the default/base-game maps.

New patch clocks in at 800MB, they took out the UAV jamming 'fuzzy' effect amongst other things.
I couldn't get into any servers. Kept clicking INSTALL on the expansion pack and couldn't tell if it was downloading or not. Frustrating.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Macca00 wrote:

I couldn't get into any servers. Kept clicking INSTALL on the expansion pack and couldn't tell if it was downloading or not. Frustrating.
I haven't tried the XBONE version but that's the same stupid sh!t I was talking about with the 'Second Assault' pack - I kept hitting install and it's only when I exited the game and went to the 'My Games and Apps' menu I could see that it was installing! Check there to see. It clocks in at about 5GB on the PC, should be same on console.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I got it to install. The maps are pretty damn cool. Has a Vietnam feel to them. I got my ass kicked but they are great maps. I'm getting tired of EVERYBODY being snipers. I usually play assault or engineer and it seems like 2/3 of the people playing are goddamn snipers. Try something new for god sake. Certain maps I just get destroyed on. Some people are just too damn good at the game.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Diablo25 wrote:Certain maps I just get destroyed on. Some people are just too damn good at the game.
I feel the same way. And of course when I'm doing well the game crashes. I'm still getting booted back to the home screen often. It's very rare that I get past two complete rounds.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Got my 360 copy from Amazon today-will be ready to roll soon!
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Teal wrote:Got my 360 copy from Amazon today-will be ready to roll soon!
You are gonna love the China Rising maps. Right up your alley.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

They came with the game. I've heard the initial download time is a b*tch, so I might not be playing tonight... :?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Teal wrote:They came with the game. I've heard the initial download time is a b*tch, so I might not be playing tonight... :?
They remind me of the BFVN expansion from Bad Company.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Oh, snap! Yeah, I'll dig that for sure...

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Can't get China Rising for another week or so, because I'm not a premium subscriber, but I already like this one more than BF3.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Holy crap, this one is way better than BF3. I'm having a ball. The maps, on the whole, are very cool, and I was surprised at how much I like Penopticon. It bogged down a bit (360) when we all jumped into the B section, but it was great fun.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Teal wrote:Holy crap, this one is way better than BF3. I'm having a ball. The maps, on the whole, are very cool, and I was surprised at how much I like Penopticon. It bogged down a bit (360) when we all jumped into the B section, but it was great fun.
I knew you would love it. Flood Zone is a cool map. It's big but also very tight because of the buildings. There is a nice variety...and then the CR maps too. Great stuff. We need you on the One though Teal...let's go! :)
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Diablo25 wrote:
Teal wrote:Holy crap, this one is way better than BF3. I'm having a ball. The maps, on the whole, are very cool, and I was surprised at how much I like Penopticon. It bogged down a bit (360) when we all jumped into the B section, but it was great fun.
I knew you would love it. Flood Zone is a cool map. It's big but also very tight because of the buildings. There is a nice variety...and then the CR maps too. Great stuff. We need you on the One though Teal...let's go! :)

Won't happen anytime soon, bro. Unless you wanna contribute a hefty sum to the TealOne campaign...lol

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Teal wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:

Won't happen anytime soon, bro. Unless you wanna contribute a hefty sum to the TealOne campaign...lol
I'll see what I can do.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

I've been playing the 360 version of this the last couple of days and have been enjoying it more than I thought I would. I don't like how difficult it can be to jump over stuff at times... never had that problem in BF3. Is there a way to add a compass heading on the HUD?
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

I just cannot get into this game on the Xbone. The servers seem really borked. I can't ever get into a regular old, battlefield conquest game. Every time I try the quick game, it puts me into death match or team death match, and when I search for servers all I see are empty conquest servers and mostly of maps I haven't bought.

I finally got into a game of rush last night and I just got slaughtered. It was the map where you start on the air craft carrier. I never even made it to dry land, just got killed on my dinghy, or swimming, or when I'd spawn into a helicopter it would get shot down. I just can't find any fun in this game so far.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

I too am not able to get into any Conquest matches. I think all their Conquest servers much be down over the past couple days. Other than that I'm having as much fun as I normally do with this game compared to past versions.

It's tough to be competitive with my lack of time investment but I still find it fun. I just never get bored of the sheer scale and the destructible environments.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Spooky wrote:I too am not able to get into any Conquest matches. I think all their Conquest servers much be down over the past couple days. Other than that I'm having as much fun as I normally do with this game compared to past versions.

It's tough to be competitive with my lack of time investment but I still find it fun. I just never get bored of the sheer scale and the destructible environments.
Do you have all the extra maps? I get the feeling I'm sort of required to pay the extra money for all the extra maps, which sort of pisses me off if it's true. Otherwise, I don't know how to find games that have vehicles. I just want to play good old battlefield, not COD with battlefield guns.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

XBONE version is borked last few days - Conquest servers are definitely down. Been playing mostly PC which has (for me) been problem free.

Zeppo - no need to buy the extra maps, it ships with 10 + the 4 remakes, once Conquest servers are back online that's more than enough maps. Also those base maps are going to be the most populated.

I went Premium with both the XBONE and the PC version but for those who aren't nuts I'd recommend waiting till the server stuff is 100% sorted out before giving EA any more of your money.

That said, when it works it's just awesome, I've played 18 hours on the XBONE version and 35 hours on the PC version - and I'm supposed to be busy as s*** IRL! It's been many, many years since I remember being this much into a game (it was probably one of the PS2 Winning Eleven games).