Battlefield 4

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by RobVarak »

EA might have problems bigger than just getting the servers to work.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/11/51994 ... tlefield-4
Publisher Electronic Arts is currently under investigation by law firm Holzer Holzer and Fistel, LLC for possibly misleading investors and analysts regarding the quality of Battlefield 4, which has been plagued with problems across all platforms since it launched in late October.

Holzer Holzer and Fistel is focusing its investigation on statements made between July 24, 2013 and December 4, 2013 regarding Battlefield 4's development, sales, and impact on EA's revenue and future projects. The Atlanta-based law firm is looking into whether EA violated federal securities laws during this time by make false statements about the game's status.

The firm encourages those who purchased EA common stock between July 24 and Dec. 4 or who suffered investment losses during this year contact Holzer Holzer and Fistel attorney Marshall P. Dees regarding legal rights in this case.
Now law firms troll this kind of thing with varied levels of success, and smoke in this case certainly doesn't mean there's fire.

On a lighter note, it was only a matter of time before some lawyer who's a frustrated gamer cooked up an securities angle to unload on a game company. Can't believe I didn't think of this in the early days of WoW while I was waiting in server queues. :)
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Zeppo wrote:
Spooky wrote:I too am not able to get into any Conquest matches. I think all their Conquest servers much be down over the past couple days. Other than that I'm having as much fun as I normally do with this game compared to past versions.

It's tough to be competitive with my lack of time investment but I still find it fun. I just never get bored of the sheer scale and the destructible environments.
Do you have all the extra maps? I get the feeling I'm sort of required to pay the extra money for all the extra maps, which sort of pisses me off if it's true. Otherwise, I don't know how to find games that have vehicles. I just want to play good old battlefield, not COD with battlefield guns.
You can set filters on the server browser (when its working) to show Large Conquest servers only. There are all sorts of other filters to find the kind of game you want. I like the old school Battlefield too, so I usually filter for 64 player Conquest with 1-5 open slots.

Every BF has been worse than the last when it comes to bugs, crashes, etc. This one is so bad, so malfuntional, that Microsoft is now offering refunds if you bought Battlefield Premium via xbox live. It's to the point where I'd rather just play something else until they get this latest mess patched up.

Once the game is fixed, it'll be a lot more fun if we can get 2-5 of us running in a squad.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

I have it but literally have not even started the game up at this point. Having way too much fun with NBA, FIFA and Powerstar Golf to consider wrestling with the technical issues.

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

RobVarak wrote:I have it but literally have not even started the game up at this point. Having way too much fun with NBA, FIFA and Powerstar Golf to consider wrestling with the technical issues.
Everytime I think about purchasing this game, I worry about the online issues, the reported problems with the single player campaign (not saving), and my lack of skill with FPS and the fact I'll continuously get killed ruining my enjoyment.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Pete1210 wrote:Every BF has been worse than the last when it comes to bugs, crashes, etc. This one is so bad, so malfuntional, that Microsoft is now offering refunds if you bought Battlefield Premium via xbox live. It's to the point where I'd rather just play something else until they get this latest mess patched up.
LOL...so now you know why I sold my BF4 and I'm playing COD:Ghosts at the moment. Usually I hate COD online...but actually playing online vs. looking at the title screen...well, the playing online part wins. I'll wait a few more weeks and pick it up cheap and actually have some stable servers available (hopefully).

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Pete1210 wrote:Every BF has been worse than the last when it comes to bugs, crashes, etc. This one is so bad, so malfuntional, that Microsoft is now offering refunds if you bought Battlefield Premium via xbox live. It's to the point where I'd rather just play something else until they get this latest mess patched up.
LOL...so now you know why I sold my BF4 and I'm playing COD:Ghosts at the moment. Usually I hate COD online...but actually playing online vs. looking at the title screen...well, the playing online part wins. I'll wait a few more weeks and pick it up cheap and actually have some stable servers available (hopefully).
Ghosts has grown on me, especially some of the maps. Still issues with enemies spawning right behind you, but I am definitely enjoying it more than first impressions had led me to believe I would.

Also holding off on BF4 until I hear better news about stability and performance. (PS4)

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Haven't had any issues online on the 360, other than never seeing any DSP'ers online...lol. That rectified itself last night when I saw Fifa playing-great rounds last night, pal...just wasn't in a talking mood, or I would have sent you a chat invite.

I'd LOVE to be able to play with everyone on the One, but...well, it doesn't sound like you guys are playing much on BF4 at the moment, so... :D
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Like I've mentioned in other threads - the CoD series online has somehow become enjoyable again for me. I guess it's the nature of the ease of jumping in and out for quick and frantic skirmishes.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Odd. I've had ZERO problems with connections or servers with the 360 version of BF4. I play it often, too.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

pk500 wrote:Odd. I've had ZERO problems with connections or servers with the 360 version of BF4. I play it often, too.

Yep, same here. Gotta get you and Fifa together and do some squad killing... :D

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Since I can't get in any online matches at the moment, here's me playing the first Campaign level.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Teal wrote:
pk500 wrote:Odd. I've had ZERO problems with connections or servers with the 360 version of BF4. I play it often, too.

Would dig that! I never have a set time. The BF4 disc just seems to crawl into my 360 drive at some point every time I have a gaming session. :) The game is that good.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

pk500 wrote:
Teal wrote:

Would dig that! I never have a set time. The BF4 disc just seems to crawl into my 360 drive at some point every time I have a gaming session. :) The game is that good.

I agree. That disc has been in the tray ever since I cracked the cellophane. We'll find a time soon.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Spooky wrote:Like I've mentioned in other threads - the CoD series online has somehow become enjoyable again for me. I guess it's the nature of the ease of jumping in and out for quick and frantic skirmishes.
Are you playing on the One? If so, this PA from a few weeks ago has matched my experiences online so far:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

RobVarak wrote:
Spooky wrote:Like I've mentioned in other threads - the CoD series online has somehow become enjoyable again for me. I guess it's the nature of the ease of jumping in and out for quick and frantic skirmishes.
Are you playing on the One? If so, this PA from a few weeks ago has matched my experiences online so far:

LOL...no wonder.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Pete1210 wrote:This one is so bad, so malfuntional, that Microsoft is now offering refunds if you bought Battlefield Premium via xbox live. It's to the point where I'd rather just play something else until they get this latest mess patched up.
Whoa, I bought my premium sub over xbox live. How do you get your refund? Link?
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

TheTruth wrote:
Pete1210 wrote:This one is so bad, so malfuntional, that Microsoft is now offering refunds if you bought Battlefield Premium via xbox live. It's to the point where I'd rather just play something else until they get this latest mess patched up.
Whoa, I bought my premium sub over xbox live. How do you get your refund? Link?
Per this article,
http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/ ... 4-premium/
Sony and Microsoft have been giving dissatisfied gamers refunds through their tech support channels according to these posts on Battlefield forums: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/fo ... 3769978/6/

I will give it some more time. PS4 got a new (second) update yesterday, still waiting on Xbox One. http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/11/ ... oming-soon

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

So after reading about people getting refunds I decided to call MS Support yesterday and inquire. No one really had any information and I got transferred a lot. I started at the MS Store support and ended up with the Xbox Customer Support. I explained the situation that I bought both the game and the expansion through the MS/Xbox Store and that the game is unplayable. I told the rep that I had heard of people getting refunds and wanted to see if they had any info.

The rep tried to get me to go through some scripted troubleshooting tips like delete and reinstall my profile, etc...I explained that this was not an issue with my system but a documented issue with the game. After a few minutes of back and fourth she decided to refund both the game and the expansion for me but explained that I would no longer have access to the game after the refund. I said that was fine (figured I'll just buy it again down the road once the issues are ironed out if I still want it). The refund was processed and that was that. Well, last night on a whim I decided to try the game to see just how they would lock me out or delete it off my system and I was able to access the game just fine. I mean there were still server issues but I could start the game and my expansion stuff was all still there too. So it looks like maybe I got a full refund but got to keep the game and expansion.

Moral compass is telling me that maybe I should let MS know or delete the game off my system, but most of me thinks that I just got lucky and I've given plenty of my hard earned money to MS so just let it go and enjoy the error in my favor.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

What's a moral compass? ;)

Well you said yourself you'll end up buying it again in the future once the bugs are ironed out...so you can just buy me a copy and then everyone wins. Cool?

But seriously...just play and enjoy it when it because "stable" and if you really feel bad about it...drop the money in the XBLive Store. If it won't let you, because it's already installed, then you tried.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

The delayed patch for the Xbox One version of Battlefield 4 is starting to roll out today.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/13/52066 ... tlefield-4

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Have any of you on the Xbox One been able to get into a match via the 'Quick Match' option? I have not for days.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Spooky wrote:Have any of you on the Xbox One been able to get into a match via the 'Quick Match' option? I have not for days.
I was playing last night. I'm pretty sure I used Quick Match at least once. The night before last I couldn't get in.

Even with all the problems I have been having a blast with the game. Last night I had some great matches. Can't wit til the game is actually fixed :)
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Got to play 2 quick matches tonight with Zep - sorry I couldn't do voice chat - wife was talking my ear off while I was playing. Got our ass handed to us on one map but redeemed ourselves on Paracel storm. There should be a way to kick a guy off your vehicle - once I got on a jetski waiting for Zep to get on and some random guy jumps on instead! Same thing with an ATV on Transmission! lol

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I'm still getting the "No Commander Slots Available" BS when I try to join games via the server screen. Got kicked to the One Guide the. First time I tried to join a quick match. This is after the patch too. At least I think it is. I was prompted to make sure my disc was in and I was signed in when I stared the game so I'm guessing the patch installed. This is annoying.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25