Battlefield 4

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

orthostud23
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Re: Battlefield 4

Post by orthostud23 »

I would love to get in on some BF4 action with you guys on Xbox One. When is the next "meeting"??

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Brando70 wrote:Picked this up for the PS4. All I can say is, having only played this on a console and never on a PC, I pretty much plotzed the first time I joined a 64-player match.
Plotzed?
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Ask your Jewish grandmother!

:)

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Macca00 wrote:Ask your Jewish grandmother!

:)
Or google :D

This weekend, Jan 3-5, is double XP.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I tried the recon p***y class last night for maybe the first time ever in BF, only because I wanted my precious C4 for my Brando Bomber anti-tank suicide soldier class. It confirmed that I am a horrible, horrible shot in all FPS games. I have a new-found respect for how people can hit stationary targets from across the map, let alone running ones. Maybe it's easier when you can get a better zoom, but I couldn't hit anything.

I know DICE has gotten a lot of flack for the state in which this game was released, and they deserve said flack. I am, however, really enjoying this, and the new patch supposedly fixed the PS4 connection drops.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Brando70 wrote: I know DICE has gotten a lot of flack for the state in which this game was released, and they deserve said flack. I am, however, really enjoying this.
When it works it's absolutely brilliant.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Macca00 wrote:
Brando70 wrote: I know DICE has gotten a lot of flack for the state in which this game was released, and they deserve said flack. I am, however, really enjoying this.
When it works it's absolutely brilliant.
After the second patch, it's been really stable for me. I haven't had a dropped connection yet, connection speed has been good, and the only issue I have had is sometimes not connecting via Quick Match. I've just started using the server browser.

I am sucked back into this game, too. I like all the maps, finally coming around on Operation Locker the way I did on Metro. Thinking about plopping down the money for premium access -- I accidentally bought the regular edition instead of Limited, so I don't have China Rising.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Macca00 wrote:When it works it's absolutely brilliant.
QFT.

Due to the February promotion (daily battlepacks, free gun kits, double xp weekends) I started playing more, which improved my game a bit. Usually I don't get too far with a tank, but I had a great run the other night with a friend on the turret. Only thing that stopped us was the end of the match.

For the past two nights though, my XP earned in matches not been applied to my overall XP. It just skips over the player progression screen and goes to the next match. This is on XB1. It's annoying since you need to level up to unlock guns, attachements, vehicle upgrades, etc.

I'm still hoping that we to can get a squad together here to play on XB1.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Pete1210 wrote:
QFT.

Due to the February promotion (daily battlepacks, free gun kits, double xp weekends) I started playing more, which improved my game a bit. Usually I don't get too far with a tank, but I had a great run the other night with a friend on the turret. Only thing that stopped us was the end of the match.

For the past two nights though, my XP earned in matches not been applied to my overall XP. It just skips over the player progression screen and goes to the next match. This is on XB1. It's annoying since you need to level up to unlock guns, attachements, vehicle upgrades, etc.

I'd love to play with peoplei I know. Sometimes I see you or Truth on, but once I boot the game I realize you are both in maps I haven't bought. I don't play the game enough for me to feel good about paying an extra chunk of cash for the old BF maps and the new China Rising pack, so that's been frustrating.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Zeppo wrote: I'd love to play with peoplei I know. Sometimes I see you or Truth on, but once I boot the game I realize you are both in maps I haven't bought. I don't play the game enough for me to feel good about paying an extra chunk of cash for the old BF maps and the new China Rising pack, so that's been frustrating.
I finally had to finish AC4, so I'll be playing this a bit.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Zeppo wrote:
Pete1210 wrote:
QFT.

I'd love to play with peoplei I know. Sometimes I see you or Truth on, but once I boot the game I realize you are both in maps I haven't bought. I don't play the game enough for me to feel good about paying an extra chunk of cash for the old BF maps and the new China Rising pack, so that's been frustrating.
Send me a party invite if you see me on. I'd rather play the standard BF4 maps with someone than run around on my own.

Some servers (XB1 at least) are not properly loading your profile (that's why I was missing XP in some matches). To make sure its a good server I go in to the customize weapon screen to make sure all my unlocks are there when starting a match.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Having spent hundreds of hours playing BF3 on the PS3, I'm blown away by the latest maps in Second Assault as compared to their last gen counterparts.
GT = Wilk5280

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/02/in ... -platoons/

"Platoons in Battlefield 4 is a way for you and your friends to get together, organize yourselves, communicate, and fight together to improve your Platoon."

For now I joined the Operation Sports platoon but most of the those guys are on PS4. If this game ever does get going here I'd jump over to a DSP platoon.

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

I have this for the One. I completely suck at it, but I tend to play it when NBA doesn't want to load, and when I am sick of getting punted off the road in Forza.
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I finally opened it for XB1 and played the campaign up until the prison part. I can't see jack s*** in the dark prison and can't get by the level, haven't even tried online yet
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

This game has a single-player mode? :D

Decided to up for Premium and agree that the revitalized BF3 maps are a lot of fun. Firestorm is no longer the empty experience it was on the previous generation.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Maybe this was the case with the bigger PC version of BF3, but I haven't seen any team advance past B in 64-player Metro. In fact yesterday was the first time in about a half dozen plays where I saw the team that got B first lose it. Assault players with the 320 grenade launchers can really hold down the stairs on either side of the map, and going up the escalators is almost an instant death.

I do really like the other BF3 maps in BF4, especially Firestorm and Oman. The sandstorm in Oman is a great addition. I also enjoy hunting snipers in the hills of Firestorm.

btmmayor
Starting 5
Starting 5

Re: Battlefield

Post by btmmayor »

Brando70 wrote:Maybe this was the case with the bigger PC version of BF3, but I haven't seen any team advance past B in 64-player Metro. In fact yesterday was the first time in about a half dozen plays where I saw the team that got B first lose it. Assault players with the 320 grenade launchers can really hold down the stairs on either side of the map, and going up the escalators is almost an instant death.

I do really like the other BF3 maps in BF4, especially Firestorm and Oman. The sandstorm in Oman is a great addition. I also enjoy hunting snipers in the hills of Firestorm.
64 player metro is completely unbalanced. It's impossible for the US side to advance past B unless the Russian team is totally incompetent. Fortunately the other 19 64 player maps play well, but Metro is just a disaster from a balance perspective.

That said though, Conquest Domination in Metro is a blast. Unlike the other maps in Domination it's the exact same layout but with a 20 player limit. You can appreciate the redesign of the map and truly enjoy it with only a 10v10 game.

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

Danimal wrote:I finally opened it for XB1 and played the campaign up until the prison part. I can't see jack s*** in the dark prison and can't get by the level, haven't even tried online yet
I believe you've said that you have both the Xbox One and PS4 consoles. I'm just curious as to why you chose Battlefield 4 for Xbox One over the PS4 version or do you have it for both systems?

-MERACE

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

MERACE wrote: I believe you've said that you have both the Xbox One and PS4 consoles. I'm just curious as to why you chose Battlefield 4 for Xbox One over the PS4 version or do you have it for both systems?
-MERACE
I do any my reason for choosing the XB1 was just being lazy. I have about 100 people on my XBL friends list and a lot of them are playing it. I have about 10 people on my PSN list and frankly I can't count on one hand the number of times I've seen any of them online. Finally most of my games are on the PS4 and I just felt like I needed an XB1 game.

So there it is, not a really good reason in the bunch. I've also decided I'm not doubling up this generation on anything, you'll need to talk to Mr. Money Bags Terry if you want comparisons :)
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

Danimal:

My daughter's boyfriend brought over his PS4 and Battlefield 4 and I was very impressed with the brightness and sharpness of the graphics over the version I play on my Xbox 360. The frame rate seems much better too.

I'm still trying to make my next gen console purchase decision and was wondering if Battlefield 4 looks and plays better on PS4 vs Xbox One.

-MERACE

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

MERACE wrote:I'm still trying to make my next gen console purchase decision and was wondering if Battlefield 4 looks and plays better on PS4 vs Xbox One.
How would he know that? He just explained he only has the xb1 version.

That said...of all the comparisons on the web for any cross platform game...they are better on the ps4...so if that's most important it's a pretty easy decision.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I don't think the difference is going to be that great graphically in this case, however. From a strictly BF4 multiplayer perspective, I would go with number of friends and maybe controller preference as the deciding factor between platforms.

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
MERACE wrote:I'm still trying to make my next gen console purchase decision and was wondering if Battlefield 4 looks and plays better on PS4 vs Xbox One.
How would he know that? He just explained he only has the xb1 version.
I obviously knew that from his response to my question. I was just elaborating on why I was asking the question. :roll:
dbdynsty25 wrote:That said...of all the comparisons on the web for any cross platform game...they are better on the ps4...so if that's most important it's a pretty easy decision.
That's what I've been reading, but the differences seem to be very slight.

-MERACE

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

So the new Naval Storm maps are pretty awesome. The best one has an old fort on a high hill complete with working cannons. There are also an assload of attack boats to be had. All in all, I would say its way better than China Rising.

What is not pretty awesome is the lag. It's like my connection just finished Thanksgiving dinner. And it's definitely the new maps, because if I play the original BF4 maps, they are fine. I am hoping that it's just a new DLC issue, but then I remember that this is only available to premium members and that this laggy shitshow isn't even open to the public yet.

This would be one of my favorite games ever if it wasn't held together with gum and tape.