Madden 25?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Madden 25?

Post by Zlax45 »

Just didn't see a post about this game coming out soon...Seems to be very little chatter about this one!
Last edited by Zlax45 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden 14?

Post by Inuyasha »

they changed the name this year to Madden 25. I hope the gameplay is as tuned as NCAA 14. Probably better. Let's wait and see. Getting it on this gen's versions but interested how next gen's version plays.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

If I get it at all, it will be on a next gen console.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden 25?

Post by Danimal »

Been watching some videos and it doesn't look very good. I'll wait for the ST to try it but I never count on Madden polaying like NCAA as IMO the game play in NCAA has been better for the last 2 years.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Demo will be out on the 13th.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

The way it looks this will be the third year in a row that I pass on Madden. I love the NFL but I guess I'm just tired of the whole Mdden thing. If I end up liking the demo or early release MAYBE ill pull the trigger but I don't see it. The only two sports games that I have anticipation for every year are The NHL series (my fav series) and MLB The Show. The NBA 2K series usually sucks me in so we will have to see this year. Maybe I'll get it for the XBox One.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

mike95 wrote:If I get it at all, it will be on a next gen console.
Ditto.

Preordered but could return it unopened if the impressions of forums are bad.

There are videos from E3 where they claimed it's doing all these calculations on next gen system to better render the mass and momentum when the ball carriers are running and trying to evade or make tackles depending on whether it's the ball carrier or defenders.

I have no expectations about gameplay being better. Just a prettier version. Since they stopped making the PC version a few years ago, there should be some kind of a jump in graphics.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Well since Gamestop just announced M25 as one of the game you can upgrade for $10 to nextgen down the road I may get it now. I was planning on waiting
Follow Me on:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:Well since Gamestop just announced M25 as one of the game you can upgrade for $10 to nextgen down the road I may get it now. I was planning on waiting
So what's their offer? Buy the game for current gen and when next gen comes out you trade it in and pay 10 bucks to get the new one?

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Danimal wrote:Well since Gamestop just announced M25 as one of the game you can upgrade for $10 to nextgen down the road I may get it now. I was planning on waiting
So what's their offer? Buy the game for current gen and when next gen comes out you trade it in and pay 10 bucks to get the new one?
I hate when an article starts out with "According to sources..."

http://stickskills.com/2013/08/07/games ... gen-title/
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I am really, really meh about Madden this year. I find myself more excited that a new edition of Front Office Football is in the works.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

After seeing some videos...this game looks like trash!
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
What I heard is you need to buy the original from GS and then do the trade in withing 30 days of the next gen release.
Follow Me on:

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Only thing is you may have to pay full price for this deal while it may be discounted elsewhere, if recent trends hold.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

wco81 wrote:Only thing is you may have to pay full price for this deal while it may be discounted elsewhere, if recent trends hold.
What kind of discount scenario do you envision that would be a better deal than paying a total of $70 to play the current gen and then upgrade to next gen?

There is one more catch with the deal you need to be a member of their power club or something
Follow Me on:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Brando70 wrote:I am really, really meh about Madden this year. I find myself more excited that a new edition of Front Office Football is in the works.
+1

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

What it killed it for me last year was seeing just how irrelevant ratings were with pass blocking and pass rushing, especially with DEs and tackles. Any lineman put at the LT position will be at least adequate.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Very impressed with the demo! Commentary is slightly improved, smoother animations, more seamless presentation, and the gameplay seems more fluid and organic. Great first impression and am already looking forward to this game on the next gen!

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I'm having a lot of fun with NCAA so it's not surprising that I like the demo as it is a more refined version. It's great that you can play 5 minute quarters and turn the accelerated clock off. I am heading out of town on vacation so I won't get a chance to play again for awhile but I like what I see so far. I was happy to see a fumbles slider. Not sure why that isn't in NCAA as it is needed.

I was impressed with how many ads EA was able to fit into the demo. Snickers, Gatorade, Papa Johns, and Verizon! It actually doesn't bother me as long as they don't get in the way and they didn't.

Am I missing something or is there only one camera angle in the demo?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:Very impressed with the demo! Commentary is slightly improved, smoother animations, more seamless presentation, and the gameplay seems more fluid and organic. Great first impression and am already looking forward to this game on the next gen!
Haha...said the exact same thing from PS2 > PS3/360...and look how that turned out? Remember how awesome that commercial was during the super bowl...and how bad the actual game was? Obviously the jump isn't as significant this time, but who knows how easy it is to port UP or DOWN to the next gen. We might get an entirely stripped down version so they can impress us with the "added" features next year. We've seen this dog and pony show before.

Don't get your hopes up, that's all I'm sayin'.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I hear ya Db. No doubt the visuals will be upgraded on the X1 and PS4, but all that won't account for anything if the game play isn't smooth and the animations are rough.

From everything I've read, Madden 25 on the next gen is going to include everything that the PS3/360 version has in terms of modes and sliders. So, hopefully no worries there.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

The head guy at EA Sports, an Australian gentleman who's name escapes me, was extremely insistent at E3 during a couple different interviews I saw that they know they screwed up big time last time around with stripped down features and that the XB1 and PS4 versions absolutely will have every feature the 360 versions have for all their games. He said it's part of why they are basically only doing Madden and FIFA for next gen, no NCAA and no NHL.

We shall see if they come through, but they do seem to be doing their best to avoid the past mistakes. Much like MS who have gone above and beyond in making a big, durable, extra-cooled console that is over-designed to be on continuously for ten years, knowing full well how much they screwed up with the under-cooled, under-designed original 360.

Again, we shall see.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

That's good to hear. We'll see if both come to be true. I'm skeptical though as we've all been burned too many times in this industry.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

On last Thursdays Bengals-Falcons game, there was a Madden commercial, promoting that it was releasing soon, whatever the date is.

But some of the sequences looked different than current gen. The colors seemed more saturated and clear. Wonder if they snuck in a few scenes from the next gen?

They used to use movies of the PC version, but with console branding, in past commercials, when they used to still make a PC version.

Of course other games do that as well, feature shots from a high-end PC but with the PS3 or X360 logo at the end, because thats where the volume will be.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

wco81 wrote:On last Thursdays Bengals-Falcons game, there was a Madden commercial, promoting that it was releasing soon, whatever the date is.

But some of the sequences looked different than current gen. The colors seemed more saturated and clear. Wonder if they snuck in a few scenes from the next gen?

They used to use movies of the PC version, but with console branding, in past commercials, when they used to still make a PC version.

Of course other games do that as well, feature shots from a high-end PC but with the PS3 or X360 logo at the end, because thats where the volume will be.
Since NG consoles are X86 based, they basically are PC versions....