Madden 25?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden 25?

Post by Danimal »

I know I am an idiot for hoping penalties would actually work this year. I just think they don't want them to work.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

They don't work in NCAA either.. I just forget there are actually penalties in football. :)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I enjoyed the demo. Nothing outstanding, but enough to keep my interest. I did noticed better play calling by the CPU when the clock keeps running under two minutes. Running with Lynch and Gore felt very natural while Rice just had a picnic day against me in one of the games that I played. Sliders may not work as the same penalties are being called if at all such as false starts, clippings and roughing the passer. But where are the PI's?

The camera is a bit far from the action and there are way too many injuries occurring in this demo. Love the animations after a TD, now would the sidelines personnel aim the water bottle better? 8)

Crowd could be livelier and the commentary was fine.

I will DL the ST version for sure and I think that there's enough for me here to keep my pre-order as I pretty much won't spend the next-gen game with prettier graphics while they promise to keep the main core modes of the franchise.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Haven't played it yet but people are saying the new camera angle is a game killer. In the retail version, does anyone know if they will give you the old camera angle as a option?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Inuyasha wrote:Haven't played it yet but people are saying the new camera angle is a game killer. In the retail version, does anyone know if they will give you the old camera angle as a option?
If it's anything like NCAA we'll get a bunch. The camera in the demo is terrible for sure.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Camera is horrible. :)

Madden hasn't done much for me in years.. and I still don't get much from it.

I'd rather play NCAA.. maybe next gen Madden will get my interest.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Too funny. Maybe not as this glitch is in final release

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKpef_q8tRc

Andrew Johnson ‏@EASPORTS_AJ UPDATE: A fix for the vanishing players is in Title Update #1, which will be available for download when #Madden25 launches on 8/27.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Played one quarter. Quit out and went back to NCAA.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Finally got my mitts on Madden 25 demo after being on the road last week. This game appears to be Madden 13.5, but there are three MAJOR problems that need fixing.

1. CPU QB's have DAYS to throw, even when I mix defenses well. I'm having a hell of a time getting pressure on the QB on All-Pro when controlling a DE or DT, the positions I like to play on defense. This is creating very unrealistic completion percentages. Eighty to 90 percent is pretty common.

2. I have a lot of time to throw, too. I'm completing at least 70 percent of my passes every game on All-Pro, my preferred skill level, and I'm not dinking-and-dumping my way downfield. Unrealistic.

3. The new move stick for running is far too effective at All-Pro. I'm gaining 4 to 5 yards per carry on All-Pro.

There are no penalties, either. But it's been so long since Madden has simulated penalties properly that I don't even analyze the game for that flaw anymore.

I'm leaning toward picking up NCAA 14 at a discount next week and switching to Madden later in the season after a price drop. Nothing about the Madden 25 demo is magnetizing my brain to the game, causing me to jump and play the demo at every opportunity.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:Finally got my mitts on Madden 25 demo after being on the road last week. This game appears to be Madden 13.5, but there are three MAJOR problems that need fixing.

1. CPU QB's have DAYS to throw, even when I mix defenses well. I'm having a hell of a time getting pressure on the QB on All-Pro when controlling a DE or DT, the positions I like to play on defense. This is creating very unrealistic completion percentages. Eighty to 90 percent is pretty common.

2. I have a lot of time to throw, too. I'm completing at least 70 percent of my passes every game on All-Pro, my preferred skill level, and I'm not dinking-and-dumping my way downfield. Unrealistic.

3. The new move stick for running is far too effective at All-Pro. I'm gaining 4 to 5 yards per carry on All-Pro.

There are no penalties, either. But it's been so long since Madden has simulated penalties properly that I don't even analyze the game for that flaw anymore.

I'm leaning toward picking up NCAA 14 at a discount next week and switching to Madden later in the season after a price drop. Nothing about the Madden 25 demo is magnetizing my brain to the game, causing me to jump and play the demo at every opportunity.
Whoa, slow down. Those three items are issues on NCAA 14 as well...so yeah, there's that.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I'm getting pressure on the QB in NCAA. Can't say the same in Madden.

NCAA's biggest offensive flaw is the uber-efficiency of the read option. It's the designer-drug play of NCAA 14.

Only based on demos, but NCAA seems more fun this year. Nice to see the Infinity Engine in a college game, too, although I don't think it's as refined as the one used in Madden. I saw Marshawn Lynch run over A.J. Hawk in a Madden 25 game, knocking Hawk on his ass. Enjoyed that.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I rarely mess with sliders in sports games but in this demo slowing the QB accuracy to around 20 will make him miss more throws. Same thing with NCAA 14 like DB was quoting where you have to adjust a few things such as the speed threshold down a bit and every game will seem to play differently. As for the penalties sliders, even at 100% is pretty much broken down.

The infinity engine while it adds some new dimension to the game needs improvement in both football games. Much like Fifa 12 where they first implemented it, players were falling like puppets but they much improved the animations and physics this year.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

Despite playing at least 30 games or so of NCAA I couldn't imagine playing even 1 game on default settings. It took a good week or two to get everything where I wanted it. I think I have QB accuracy at 15 or less. I also do more pre-snap adjustments, including the individual defensive player assignments to combat the read option and physically moving some players a few steps here and there (I think the safeties play too deep too often), than in any prior game. My pass rush is good in NCAA without too many adjustments and that helps drive down completion pct. as well.

I haven't played the Madden demo much because I was on vacation and also hate the camera. As soon as I get the ST version I will be going through the slider grind, but I don't mind because I will just play a lot of random matchups. Hopefully, slider adjustments will help because I agree the default settings are not acceptable.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

This might just push me over the edge to order. Received an email from Best Buy stating the following:

$45 trade-in value for Madden NFL 25 through
10/5/13 for PS3 or Xbox 360

$10 in reward certificates when you pre-order
and purchase.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Is it just me or in the ST version is there a major slow down when a RB catched a pitch or Screen. There is like a half second pause before you have control. It annoying as hell.
Follow Me on:

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Danimal wrote:Is it just me or in the ST version is there a major slow down when a RB catched a pitch or Screen. There is like a half second pause before you have control. It annoying as hell.
Maybe it is related to the game speed? NCAA had a glitch where that happened if you used slow gamespeed.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Yeah that was it I was using slow.

Grrr
Follow Me on:

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I've been messing around with the sliders playing random games and I'm really happy with the results so far. I decreased the pass blocking and increased the pass reaction and I'm finding it a lot easier to get pressure. I lowered the pass accuracy to 15 and with the increase on pressure I am seeing comp % in the 50-70 range. I sacked Luck 5 times in my last game (a Bills 23-21) win with 3 sacks by DL, 1 by a LB, and one by a DB. I also missed him a few times including this one (like that Luck scrambled to the left as it is rare in the EA games this year):

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/168301352

Here is one of the sacks and a fumble:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/168301375

Speaking of fumbles, it is great to have some RB fumbles as well as a fumble slider (bumped it up to 55).

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

leebo - what camera angle you using? Are there better camera angles other than the demo standard one in the retail version?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I am liking the Legacy camera angle, where as you're about to snap the ball the camera just zooms in on the impending play.

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

I am using the zoomed camera - unlike previous generations it does not zoom so much that you can't see the receivers. The default camera was just horrible - it is a nosebleed view of the action.

Leebo33
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Leebo33 »

I am using the legacy camera as well.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Traded in NCAA 14 for $42 at BB. Planning on playing Madden 25 until the first week in October, and then will trade it in for $45. If it's fun , I'll go ahead and get it for next gen.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

The ability to import slider settings from community shares is a big deal this year. I played it most of the weekend and I had a good time with it. Running seemed to feel just about right--no boom-or-bust mentality on every run. I could wiggle through the line and get cutbacks for gains without plowing into my own guys constantly.

QBs are way too accurate, as I could routinely complete 80% of my passes with Terrell Pryor on All-Pro. I never got pressure on QB's, but at least the CPU offense could finally run on me if they committed to it. If I missed a gap, it was an easy 5 to 8 yard gain. I had a lot of situations where they were in 2nd and 3, etc. The more I played, the more I enjoyed it...having to WORK on defense, and stay home in my assignment. Then I started looking at slider sets out of curiosity, and downloaded one that seemed completely out of whack. User QB's were at 8 accuracy, while CPU QB's were something like 10. Pass blocking down at 25 for both, etc. Majorly dropped ability for everything across the board. What the hell, I'll give it a shot.

Pryor can't hit the broad side of a barn, and neither can Matt Flynn. The Raider defense looks lost and bewildered against the mighty Cleveland Browns, and I play 1 half of 12 minute quarters, trailing 21-7. I couldn't stop the Browns offense, but none of it was big plays. They were 8 yard passes on 3rd and 7. 12 yard completion on a screen on 3rd and 10. Just dink and dunk down the field every drive. I was impressed, because that's a lot like the Raiders. But if all teams played this way, and my deep outs were sailing 5 yards out of bounds with good QBs and a decent defense did the same thing, that would be silly.

So I took Denver, vs. the Bills. Peyton Manning's throws were spot-on, throw after throw. Deep ins, fades, drag routes, hitches. I completed my first 7 passes until I saw a receiver very late, threw it late, and ended up with an INT in the end zone. Also, the defense was worlds better than Oakland's. Champ Bailey knocked down 2 passes, Von Miller had 2 sacks, and there was no running room to be found. So Denver played like I would expect, and Oakland played like I would expect. I was very, very happy that I can't simply joystick-jockey my way to victories with the woeful Raiders using that set, and I can see myself having a lot of fun with this.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Amazon is offering a $10 promo credit towards your next purchase.