Great tablet deal

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Sport73
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Great tablet deal

Post by Sport73 »

For those considering a new tablet purchase, I highly recommend the latest 1-2 punch from (of all places) Barnes & Noble... They added full Google Play store access to the Nook line, and discounted prices this week to an incredible $179 for a 9" HD + tablet with a 1900x1080 screen and a good 1.5 GHz chip set and great graphics performance. Download Apex or another launcher and you quickly have yourself one of the best Android tablet experiences you can buy at an unbeatable price. It may not be a Nexus 10, but for the price it's hard to beat!
Sport73

"Can't we all just get along? I'll turn this car around RIGHT now!"

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Great tablet deal

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Sport73 wrote:For those considering a new tablet purchase, I highly recommend the latest 1-2 punch from (of all places) Barnes & Noble... They added full Google Play store access to the Nook line, and discounted prices this week to an incredible $179 for a 9" HD + tablet with a 1900x1080 screen and a good 1.5 GHz chip set and great graphics performance. Download Apex or another launcher and you quickly have yourself one of the best Android tablet experiences you can buy at an unbeatable price. It may not be a Nexus 10, but for the price it's hard to beat!
Unfortunately it's still a forked Android tablet that will likely never get a software update since B&N is on it's way out of the hardware business. Save your pennies and get a Nexus 7 or 10 and that's it if you're wanting an Android tablet. It's a horrible idea to buy anything else based on the OS that doesn't have the Nexus name on it. That's just an unfortunate fact of the Android tablet landscape.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

And if you're interested in a Nexus tablet, i'd wait because Google should introduce the new Nexus tablets shortly.

Nexus 7-2 http://www.latinospost.com/articles/184 ... ndroid.htm

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I will buy a tablet with Android 5.0 simply because the OS is nicknamed "Key Lime Pie." Perhaps the greatest dessert ever invented, when made with the proper amount of lime. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425