I picked Playstation 2 over X-box again?

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

stolf1
Mario Mendoza

Post by stolf1 »

I don´t know why I keep doing this but this is the third Playstation 2 I bought. I don´t even game that much and the thing keeps breaking. I told myself to get the X-Box it´s better. Every time I got to make the switch something stops me. This time its simple the controler is not up to par with the PS2 and they charge you to go online. Plus MLB 05 looks great. Anyway I´m an old user from Sportrs Reviewers. I was there and on OS since 2000 but SR is a mess now and OS is almost to big. Hope this place works for me. What do you guys think is X-Box screwing up by charging for online game when Sony has it for free.

TheMightyPuck
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheMightyPuck »

dang i woulda sold you my mint network adapted ps2 for a buck fifty with a memcard thrown in.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

No. XBox Live costs you $1 a week, and everyone on it has high speed access, which definitely helps with (but doesn´t eliminate lag).
<BR>
<BR>I like the feel of the XBox S controller better than the PS2 Dual Shock, but like the button layout better on the DS.
<BR>
<BR>But the harddrive and actual Dolby Digital in-game sound are why the XBox is my primary gaming system.

stolf1
Mario Mendoza

Post by stolf1 »

Yea, I know all about X-Box being better and trust me when I went Best Buy I was buying the X-Box for sure. Then I played the display model for 20 mins and I hate the black and white buttons. In ESPN Football the black button is strafe and you can´t even use it. Then the extra 60 bucks to buy the online stuff drew me away. I picked up PS2 for 180 with all the online stuff. Also it doesn´t seem like EA and Sega use the X-Box´s power in the games. As I could hardly tell the difference between the 2. Anyway just my useless thoughts on the subject.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

If you are buying the PS2 over and over again because it breaks down and you´ve decided to buy it again, make sure it´s the new model with the built-in infrared port and the progressive-scan DVD.
<BR>
<BR>Supposedly, other components are better, like a much quieter fan. Perhaps the newer design will be more reliable, especially with disk read errors.
<BR>
<BR>I still have the unit that I bought in the winter of 2000 and it has not had a single disk read error, knock on wood.
<BR>
<BR>But if I had to buy it now, I would make sure it´s the new model and not the old one that they´re trying to get rid of. If you bought it recently, you should be able to take it back, if you don´t have the new model.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I am the exact opposite.
<BR>I have sold 2 PS2s.
<BR>

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Stolf:
<BR>
<BR>There´s voice communication for every game, a consistent Gamertag across the network, true multi-multiperson gaming with NHL Rivals, 16 people racing at once with Moto GP 2, XSN Sports with tournaments, stat tracking, etc., for many different sports with more to come, everyone is on broadband, creating better connections, etc. ...
<BR>
<BR>I´ve never played PS2 Online. But nearly everyone who have played both PS2 Online and Xbox Live says the Xbox Live system and setup is better. The games? That´s subject to debate. But nearly everyone says Xbox Live is a better setup.
<BR>
<BR>You truly do get what you pay for, in this case.
<BR>
<BR>Oh, and don´t forget you may never have to buy a memory card again with the Xbox. That will save you 50 clams right there.
<BR>
<BR>To each their own, but you should try Xbox Live sometime. I think you´ll be convinced unless there´s a PS2-only game that you must play online. And again, I think there´s a better alternative for Xbox Live in every sports gaming genre except for college football, so you´re not missing much without EA Sports games online on the Xbox.
<BR>
<BR>Take care,
<BR>PK<BR><BR><font size=1>[ This message was edited by: pk500 on 17-12-2003 18:46 ]</font>
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425