NCAA 14

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NCAA 14

Post by MizzouRah »

This is the best football game I've played on a console. I'm really loving this years version.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

This game is probably the most polished EA football game this generation.

Some of the older game modes are redundant, but the actual gameplay on the field is terrific. I'm happy playing random exhibition matchups and goofing around with ultimate team. Season mode is one of my favorites too.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Teal wrote:Well, the Ninth Circus and the out-of-work-but-I-wanna-get-paid-anyway crowd have caused another reactionary domino to fall:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/14/sec-b ... -football/

The good news is that 150 college teams have signed on to future games. The question is, how long will that last? My guess is as long as it takes another gold-digger to glom on to this idiotic suit.

If they continue to use Teambuilder in the next game, we will have every team and more so problem of missing teams solved. The only minus on that is EA gives you 12 slots currently in NCAA for teambuilder but to get unlimited you have to pay thru DLC. Maybe they'll include unlimited slots in the next series.

Anyway, the users that create the teambuilder teams do a better job than what we get out of the box from EA.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

MizzouRah wrote:This is the best football game I've played on a console. I'm really loving this years version.
Agreed!

And for now, UT is actually kind of fun. I'm not playing any head to head games, but rather using my team to complete all of the solo challenges. I've yet to spend a dime, but just got an achievement for improving to an 85 OVR.

The team I have is kind of embarrassingly cheezy, though. I have a Bronze Vick at QB, Gold WR's in Moss and Hines Ward, and a silver Bo Jackson at HB. And if that wasn't cheezy enough, I put a bronze Barry Sanders at FB and picked up the west Virginia playbook that will let me throw to him in space, while having both Jackson and Sanders in the backfield at one time. Wit that set up, I might put Jackson at FB and Sanders at HB and run the triple option.

Oh yeah, last night I opened a Gold Deon Sanders to play at CB and return kicks. To me, it's like they added a fun arcade mode to the game.

And dynasty mode is still great, as I have an OD kicking off tonight, and have been playing in a few offline dynasties with Kansas and Toledo. I've found both the new recruiting mode and RPG coach mode to both be really nice additions to the game. I was leery of both, but they panned out nicely.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Aristo wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:This is the best football game I've played on a console. I'm really loving this years version.
Agreed!

And for now, UT is actually kind of fun. I'm not playing any head to head games, but rather using my team to complete all of the solo challenges. I've yet to spend a dime, but just got an achievement for improving to an 85 OVR.

The team I have is kind of embarrassingly cheezy, though. I have a Bronze Vick at QB, Gold WR's in Moss and Hines Ward, and a silver Bo Jackson at HB. And if that wasn't cheezy enough, I put a bronze Barry Sanders at FB and picked up the west Virginia playbook that will let me throw to him in space, while having both Jackson and Sanders in the backfield at one time. Wit that set up, I might put Jackson at FB and Sanders at HB and run the triple option.

Oh yeah, last night I opened a Gold Deon Sanders to play at CB and return kicks. To me, it's like they added a fun arcade mode to the game.

And dynasty mode is still great, as I have an OD kicking off tonight, and have been playing in a few offline dynasties with Kansas and Toledo. I've found both the new recruiting mode and RPG coach mode to both be really nice additions to the game. I was leery of both, but they panned out nicely.
I'm doing the same thing with UT. Just doing the single player modes. They are fun to play! Don't need to go online at all. I like they give you free great players week to week. Got Barry SAnders and Bo Jackson free the last month. Dieon Sanders this month and I forgot the other QB they just recently gave out last week.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

NCAA 14 WINS JULY!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gami ... y/2662777/

plus Tommy Fraizer free card in UT today.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Did someone say Tommie Frazier?

Most blow outs are boring but that that was one crazy fun total annihilation national championship game. I remember it as 3,000 to 3 but the true score was 62-24.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Can you guys recommend good downloadable rosters?

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Rodster wrote:Can you guys recommend good downloadable rosters?
im still using pastapadre's rosters. I think search for PASTAPADRE and they'll be there.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Thanks

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Didn't they also say they were going to do a non licensed college football game or is that off the table as well? :?

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by icvu42 »

Damn! Remember the late 1990's when we would have 2 college games and at least 3 NFL games to choose from? Now all we have is Madden.

Why can't they just make a college game and use all fictional players?

Rick

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

GTHobbes is letting them have it in the comments section with "karma's a b*tch" and "it serves the worst company in America right for taking our choice away in football games". :lol:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Oh dear god...
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:GTHobbes is letting them have it in the comments section with "karma's a b*tch" and "it serves the worst company in America right for taking our choice away in football games". :lol:
Guy has serious issues.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

icvu42 wrote:Damn! Remember the late 1990's when we would have 2 college games and at least 3 NFL games to choose from? Now all we have is Madden.

Why can't they just make a college game and use all fictional players?

Rick
because few would buy it

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

$40 million is a lot but NCAA had to have made more money for EA, so maybe they're going to take a year or two off, let things die down.

However, the former players are going after the NCAA on more than video games licensing revenues. Sounds like the whole amateur system is in danger,with the NCAA vowing to take the suit all the way to the Supreme Court.

If the NCAA has to pay players, including former players, college sports as we know it could be over. This would impact the NFL and the NBA, if there was no cheap farm system where players would develop.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

wco81 wrote:$40 million is a lot but NCAA had to have made more money for EA, so maybe they're going to take a year or two off, let things die down.

However, the former players are going after the NCAA on more than video games licensing revenues. Sounds like the whole amateur system is in danger,with the NCAA vowing to take the suit all the way to the Supreme Court.

If the NCAA has to pay players, including former players, college sports as we know it could be over. This would impact the NFL and the NBA, if there was no cheap farm system where players would develop.
The whole collegiate system has become out of whack and that's why I side with the players. I understand that they get a free paid scholarship etc but most of those players will never get to the next level. Some like Johnny Manziel are trying to make money off their college fame by making some side money. I have no problems there either.

Colleges make millions of dollars off the backs of their players and the Colleges want it one sided only. Nah, it shouldn't be that way. Not when they are promoted on TV, videogames etc. IMO the players should get a piece of that.

I don't see how it hurts or affects the Pro's farm system. The pros have multiple farm systems they tap into apart from the Colleges.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I'm now 4-1 after a heartbreak loss to Vanderbilt last night. Quite the game though.. fumbled twice in the red zone and couldn't score on a 4th a goal from the 1/2 yard line earlier in the game.

Was up 31-27 with about 1:30 left in the game and Vandy marches 60+ yards to bring up the last play of the game. They complete a pass to the TE as I dive for the ball.. they win 34-27 as the clock expires.

I just sat there with the controller in my hands and a blank look at the screen.

Nothing feels scripted in this game.. I blew it many times over.

Next up is #5 Georgia.. oh boy.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I threw 7 picks in the first half of the Compass Bowl with the Memphis Tigers. That was embarrassing.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Didn't see a college football thread, so I'll just post this here. Congrats to MizzouRah on a huge win today. I would not have predicted that, and of course rooted against it. But that it going to be a real signature win that will go a long ways in helping Mizzou recruit and compete in the SEC.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Aristo wrote:Didn't see a college football thread, so I'll just post this here. Congrats to MizzouRah on a huge win today. I would not have predicted that, and of course rooted against it. But that it going to be a real signature win that will go a long ways in helping Mizzou recruit and compete in the SEC.
Thank you! I'm happy for Pinkel.. it's going to take time to compete in the SEC.. but we are on our way! :)

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Another win for Mizzou vs a ranked team, well done Mauk and the Tigers defense!

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

MizzouRah wrote:Another win for Mizzou vs a ranked team, well done Mauk and the Tigers defense!
Sorry, I can only muster one positive post on Mizzou a year.

;-)