NCAA 14

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NCAA 14

Post by MizzouRah »

Aristo wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:Another win for Mizzou vs a ranked team, well done Mauk and the Tigers defense!
Sorry, I can only muster one positive post on Mizzou a year.

;-)

:lol:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I can certainly muster a War Damn Eagle after my boys took down Johnny Football this weekend!
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

Teal wrote:I can certainly muster a War Damn Eagle after my boys took down Johnny Football this weekend!
The meat grinder that is the SEC....do not take anyone for granted.. i.e. Georgia v Vandy , SC v Tenn. LSU v Ole Miss etc.
On another front,, The Noles are looking pretty impressive.

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

The Georgia v Auburn game ... One of the most incredible games I have watched in my 58 yrs. :o Amazing !

eman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by eman »

snaz16 wrote:The Georgia v Auburn game ... One of the most incredible games I have watched in my 58 yrs. :o Amazing !
Man was it ever. I'm not a big Georgia/Auburn fan, but I watched the second half and it was easily the best 4th quarter of college football I've ever witnessed. The comeback was so gutsy, and then the play at the end on the Hail Mary. Goodness! Georgia almost drove again with less than a minute on the clock to win late. So many great efforts in that one. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
Gamer Tag - mmeh97
Owner in the DSP Official League - Eagles

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I had Auburn -3.5. So yes, it was a magnificent game. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by icvu42 »

What settings are you guys playing on? I have been playin All Conference with various slider settings. My problem is I can run all over the CPU and I don't get much challenge from the CPU on offense. I'm 9-1 with Syracuse and there's no way they should be that good.

Rick

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

So I bought the digital download for 14.99 since this will most likely be the last NCCA licensed football game and after downloading the real rosters started a Penn State dynasty last night on All-American with 10 minute quarters with fast clock.

First game against Syracuse I go up 14-0 in the first quarter, then Syracuse comes back to tie it at the half, third quarter I miss 2 short field goals because of the angle and bad swing of the stick, fourth quarter I finally hit a field goal and go up by 3, Syracuse marches down the field and ties it up again. I go up by 3 once again and Syracuse answers with a touchdown to go up by 4. With just over a minute to go in the game on a 4th down I get touchdown pass to my tight end and am back up by 3, Syracuse gets to midfield and with 5 seconds left throws a hail mary that I intercept at the goal line and hold on for the win.

Played a really good game and the stats worked out pretty good with about 33 rushes for just over 100 yards for my running back and 45 pass attempts with just over 300 yards passing with Hackenberg.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

So I've seen this game going for as much as $300 online... which got me to pull it back out, download some rosters and start a current Mizzou dynasty.

Dare I say this game plays better than Madden 20 (and I played the hell out of M20)? Running and passing just feel better to me and I love the cut-ins to other games around the league, plus all the stats and other stuff they packed into this game. It's been several years since I've played so it seems like a new game again.

Really wish it was backwards compatible as I have to tether my x360 controller to the console because it doesn't charge anymore. Guess I need to purchase another battery pack. Maybe it will run on the Xbox Series X?

Anyway... glad I held on this baby.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I still have it as well as NCAA 13

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

The last time I broke out NCAA 14 and 2K8, neither lived up to what I remembered. Couldn’t finish a game with them.

I played and loved the crap out of both of those games.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I even found NCAA basketball 10. ;)

I'm 3-0 with Mizzou after the drubbing of Indiana, 49-17.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

I pulled this back out about a month and a half ago. Still super fun! LOVE that there are updated rosters out there.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Once I saw copies were going for 150+ on eBay, I had to make a business decision and sell it. Unreal.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

I'm on my 6th season in dynasty mode... took a short break to play TLOU2 but back at it.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Mizzou went into Georgia, 5-0 and I felt great after scoring a TD on my first drive. From there it was all Georgia, as them stomp me 48-14. Up next we host #7 Florida.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Just had an absolute awesome game in NCAA 14. #7 Florida is just crushing me, 41-13 as the 3rd quarter is winding down and we get a pick 6 to make it 41-20 as time runs out. Somehow in the 4th quarter we get another INT and then score to make it 41-27. We stop Florida and have nice drive, make a crucial 4th down and then later would score to make it 41-34.

Florida is driving and they make a big 3rd down catch that gets them into FG range and I'm thinking he was out of bounds when he caught it. I challenge the play and it gets overturned so now they have to punt. We have another great drive and on a QB run, score the tying TD, 41-41.

We stop Florida again and with under a minute left, we have the ball on the 50 yard line. We miss on 3 straight pass plays and with the last play of the game, I see their safety leave his zone and now my #1 WR is one on one with their CB so I launch a pass. My WR jumps up, catches the ball and then as the CB is trying to wrap him up, he regains his balance and scamper into the endzone for the game winning TD!!!

Over the years I've had some fun console sports gaming moments (many with NCAA 14), but this has to be one of the top 5 for sure. I never use our x360 although my daughter and her friends prefer it to the xb1x. Kind of funny that a 7 year old console sports game still plays a damn fun game of football.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

anyway to get this game without spending $150+?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Lancer wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:26 am
anyway to get this game without spending $150+?
Luck out at Gamestop or a garage sale. Really that's it.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Well that was short lived as South Carolina comes into Columbia and beats us, 41-24. We get knocked back out of the Top 25 and face #14 Tennessee next week.