Top single player games of this generation

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Top single player games of this generation

Post by kevinpars »

I really liked RDR and I have never been a big fan of the gameplay in the GTA games.

I would like to throw out a vote for Oblivion. It was the game that first caught my attention on the X360. Not as good as Skyrim, but I killed a lot of hours in that game. Another early X360 game that deserves a shout out despite the fact I could never finish it was Dead Rising. That game had tension, humor and atmosphere.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Top single player games of this generation

Post by Brando70 »

kevinpars wrote:I really liked RDR and I have never been a big fan of the gameplay in the GTA games.

I would like to throw out a vote for Oblivion. It was the game that first caught my attention on the X360. Not as good as Skyrim, but I killed a lot of hours in that game. Another early X360 game that deserves a shout out despite the fact I could never finish it was Dead Rising. That game had tension, humor and atmosphere.
Dead Rising was flawed but one of the most entertaining games of the last generation. I remember being floored when I got to the parking lot levels and saw hundreds of zombies coming after my car. Bowling for zombies, throwing a TV on one of them, and ripping through a column of them with the lawnmower never get old. The screwed up save system is what really held it back.

The funny thing about Oblivion is it was the Oblivion part I didn't like. Really dug the world, bored when I had to go through the gates. But I agree that it was another early 360 game that showed the gameplay leap this generation could make.