Ice Dragons: All Hands On Deck

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Ice Dragons: All Hands On Deck

Post by Danimal »

TCrouch wrote:
Being a selfish puck hog is :lol:
I didn't notice that being the case the other night. In fact I think collectively as a group we looked to pass too much, especially Diablo :)

I have a lot of fun with OTP in this game, more than any other I have tried in fact. I have a hard time finding my guy or the puck sometimes but other than that I think it is a blast
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Its been a while for me. Think I only played twice when the game came out.

Game time was limited for a while due to health issues in the unit. Got in Madden but PC games were for the most part the only way I could game and tend to life.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. I didnt trade this one in for a reason. I hope to hit the ice soon.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

My resistance is weakening, as I need a good, big-room DSP experience since I'm about to trade in Horizon.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

XXXIV wrote:Its been a while for me. Think I only played twice when the game came out.

Game time was limited for a while due to health issues in the unit. Got in Madden but PC games were for the most part the only way I could game and tend to life.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. I didnt trade this one in for a reason. I hope to hit the ice soon.
The Missus went Lorraine Bobbitt on you? :wink:

Glad to hear your on the mend . See you on the ice soon i hope.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Sudz wrote:I was on and waiting...then never got notified that you guys went into a game. total bs.

when we playing again?
Since we had a real good turnout last Friday, how about Friday nights as standing OTP night?
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I have to thank Jimmy and Vader for popping my OTP cherry last night. I played a few games in past years and I can't tell you how frustrated I got trying to play hockey and watching guys dipsey-doodle near the blue line rush after rush and lose possession of the puck. I think in all the games I played in past seasons, we typically lost 8-0 or something each game. Last night, other than horrendous lag (which is Charter's problem, not the game or anybody else's--I'm paying for a 100Mb line and last night I speedtested it and I'm literally getting 2.8Mb when I'm trying to game, which is going to be a massive issue), I was blown away by how fun it was.

Jimmy would kick it around the boards, Vader would pick up rebounds, I'd dump it deep and watch Vader chase it and we managed to get a 2-0 shutout in one of the games. Then Jimmy had to take off and Vader and I absolutely took it to some other pair of guys, dominating play early and getting a goal in the first minute I think. That game evened out, but being able to work together and get both of them to chase one of us around the rink, then dumping it to the other side was incredibly awesome.

Using all of that setup time to pull them both to the right side, quick-stopping in a snow spray and burying a wrister top shelf with :50 left in the game for a night-capping 2-1 win was pretty damned awesome, too. It was the first time I'd actually been able to put some XP in my little guys, and I started feeling somewhat competent working with some of the other guys who I have played with in the GM Connected league. I gotta say, I sort of "got it" last night, in that I had fun and could see the potential of the mode. Every previous season I'd tried a few games and just never had the urge to play it again.

Last night we played until damn near midnight here on the west coast, then I turned around and saw I had a pile of beer bottles on my mini-fridge and had some victories, to boot. Doesn't get much better than that! Again, props to Vader and Jimmy for putting up with my n00bness last night.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Those were good games last night Terry and Jimmy. I've always said it's not all about winning, it's about having fun with DSP guys and when we do get wins, that is just a nice bonus.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Its not about winning at all. The game is a better experience online now its that simple, realistic hockey is a valid way to play if you want and we are at least competitive in most games.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Our games are always fun :D. I've laughed to near tears a few nights. Anyone playing tonight?
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:Our games are always fun :D. I've laughed to near tears a few nights. Anyone playing tonight?
I'll see if anyone is still around after the 'Nucks game.

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

I'm gonna give it a go somewhere around 10p.m. Eastern
gamertag: ddtrane65

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

i will be on but will have to pop out for 30 mins to pick up my daughter from practice around 7:30 pst

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Jimmydeicide wrote:
XXXIV wrote:Its been a while for me. Think I only played twice when the game came out.

The Missus went Lorraine Bobbitt on you? :wink:

Glad to hear your on the mend . See you on the ice soon i hope.
:lol:

I am not the one who had/has the illness but she is getting there. I am hoping to get back out to the DSP 360 Live tavern soon. :D

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

As a semi smart hockey guy, I will say that the Ice Dragons have improved considerably over when we first started. Team spacing, plays, hockey sense, etc have improved dramatically. There is no more Timbit hockey going on..... (some of you will get that joke!)

I haven't gotten to play nearly as much as I'd like so far online, but when I have, it's always fun. Even when we are getting killed, we always find something to laugh about.
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Holy crap... winning 2 in a row with sound, positional hockey? And a third in a shutout of a pretty good team?? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THE ICE DRAGONS, YOU HEATHENS!!!!!??

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

TCrouch wrote:Holy crap... winning 2 in a row with sound, positional hockey? And a third in a shutout of a pretty good team?? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THE ICE DRAGONS, YOU HEATHENS!!!!!??
Make that three out of the last 4 games. That's key for me when everyone plays their own positional game. We don't run around anymore like a chicken with no head, but most importantly based on your chuckles it seems that you're really having fun out there.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yeah, but unlike the rest of you, winning does matter to me :lol:

It's a lot easier to have fun when we are playing well. Even the game we lost, when you see the dudes have 550 games and you only give up 3 goals to a team that really plays like a great hockey team, that was somewhat of an accomplishment. Going out there and getting shelled 8-1 like in previous seasons was not fun lol

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

TCrouch wrote:Yeah, but unlike the rest of you, winning does matter to me :lol:

It's a lot easier to have fun when we are playing well. Even the game we lost, when you see the dudes have 550 games and you only give up 3 goals to a team that really plays like a great hockey team, that was somewhat of an accomplishment. Going out there and getting shelled 8-1 like in previous seasons was not fun lol
Well IIRC even that 3-0 game was 1-0 until the final minute or so.

We gave up the empty netter on that busted faceoff and then they got the final goal in the final second in garbage time. So you're right, we were certainly in that one too :-)

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

You guys are winning? I am out!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I know it's Valentines day but is anyone interested in playing later tonight? Say 9:30 or 10 pm CT?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

I'll probably be up for it but I'll have to start earlier than that. Can't really be staying up much past 11 or 11:30 these days.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I should be around tonight and will look for you guys.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

I'll be on for some games at 10pm eastern time.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I might be on.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

iRacing League Night...with Valentines Day "festivities" delayed until after that. Will be a go for tomorrow, though!