The Grooveyard of Forgotten Hits

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

The Grooveyard of Forgotten Hits

Post by Teal »

I've recently purchased a few games on the cheap that, for whatever reason, I passed on when they initially came out: Just Cause 2, Driver:San Francisco, and Homefront. All three were less than the price of a new game, and I've had a ball.

Just Cause 2 is precisely what Mercenaries 2 SHOULD have been. I've had a load of fun with it-the amount of creative things you can do with that grapple gun of his is really hilarious at times, and the destruction is just good old 'smile on my face' fun.

Driver...man, what was I thinking when I passed on that one?! What a fantastic game! I LOVE the classic film challenges-I did Bullit just last night, and felt like the McQueen-ster himself. Just a great, great open world driving game.

Homeland was...well, the SP story had it's moments, to be sure, but it fell a little flat for me overall. But the MP is great stuff. I lucked out and picked up a used copy that still had the online pass in it...and it hadn't been used. So I'm getting the full online experience, and I really dig it.

For you misers out there, I can heartily recommend 2/3 of this list, especially for the cost.

Just repurchased Op:Flashpoint: RR today, as well, and am looking forward to giving that one another spin.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Grooveyard of Forgotten Hits

Post by Pete1210 »

I also got into Just Cause 2 late. I initially passed on it since I didn't care for the first one. 2 was much better. I had a lot of fun with it (leveling the military bases and assassination missions stand out) and finished the story on the 360. The only frustrating part was sometimes not being able to find that last little structure needed for 100% base destruction. We recently bought it again during the Steam winter sale, but I haven't had a chance to try the PC version yet.

I'd like to try Homefront, since I enjoyed Frontlines. Then again I've got BF3 premium sitting here, not getting played enough.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

GREAT thread idea! I picked up Driver: San Francisco over the holidays and am looking forward to checking it out.

Binary Domain (PC, 360, PS3)
- came out last year
- basically a Japanese Gears of War clone but one that's actually quite good for a 3rd person shooter - the combat is much faster, the boss fights are fun and, since it's Japanese the story is batshit crazy and at times absolutely hilarious
- I picked it up on a Steam Sale for dirt cheap and I think you can find the console version for a budget price too

I`ll add more as I think of them!

WillHunting
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by WillHunting »

I wanted to like Merc 2 so badly, but it just sucks. Same thing with Far Cry 2, the stupid respawning enemies blow. I need to get JC2, I actually liked JC1 a lot, but a bit repetitive.
+++++++++++++++
Gamertag: The Praxis
+++++++++++++++

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

WillHunting wrote:I wanted to like Merc 2 so badly, but it just sucks. Same thing with Far Cry 2, the stupid respawning enemies blow. I need to get JC2, I actually liked JC1 a lot, but a bit repetitive.
Yeah, I LOVED the first Mercs, and was really looking forward to 2, but it was terrible. JC2 has been a fantastic replacement. I didn't get into the first JC at all, just wasn't my cup of tea.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

Driver is a blast.When the demo came out I along with many others were thinking "what the hell is this" but once the storyline unfolds it fits and the missions are a blast. Best $10 spent.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

The Darkness 2 and The Darkness if you missed that one.

Reviews said Darkness 2 was not quite as good the first, but I enjoyed it just as much. Decent story. The game mixes FPS with demonic powers. Very brutal, especially the different executions you can do with your extra set of snake-like arms. On the short side, but its cheap now and they did include extra generic missions you can run through. The best part of those is you have four new characters to try, each with a unique power and execution.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210