Devil May Cry

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Devil May Cry

Post by MizzouRah »

Anyone pick up the new DMC? If so, how is it? From what I've read I'm thinking it's right up my alley. :)

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Devil May Cry

Post by Macca00 »

Was thinking about getting this one too. Brad at Giantbomb loved it and I like Ninja Theory's previous work - I thought Enslaved was really underrated.

Apparently the PC version (out yesterday) is absolutely killer and running at 60+fps even on old rigs.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I have it...haven't even touched it yet.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I ordered it for the x360.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

I'll probably pick this one up when I have time.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Played for about an hour...so far, so good. Definitely a hack and slash game with an emphasis on combos, but the art style is really cool so far and it's interesting and different to look at. So it seems pretty sweet so far.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Played for about an hour...so far, so good. Definitely a hack and slash game with an emphasis on combos, but the art style is really cool so far and it's interesting and different to look at. So it seems pretty sweet so far.
Good to hear!

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

I'm only 4 or 5 missions in, but this game isn't doing much for me at the moment. Seems fairly by-the-numbers in the gameplay department, and outside of that I'm not finding the world design engaging or interesting to explore, despite hidden areas and secrets.

The cut scenes have been fairly well done so far, though, if the story itself is nothing revelatory.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I love this game.. :)

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Played through the first 3-4 chapters on the PC (where it runs at a silky smooth 60+ frames per second) - I'm really enjoying it. It's a classic hack and slash 3rd person action game but I'm digging the art style and the ease at which you can switch between the different weapons. Nothing revolutionary but still a lot of fun (and much better than Devil May Cry 4 which was meh).

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

I will probably write a review for Maximum Pixellation sometime this week but I absolutely loved this game. No spoilers but the TV station boss fight and the dance club levels were two of the most unique and interesting things I've seen in a game for a long time.

I still do not understand the undue hate from Japanophile fans of the original DMC games but it's their loss if they don't play this.

I really, really hope Ninja Theory get to make a sequel because I would love to see where they could take the story and gameplay.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

My review;

http://maximumpixelation.com/2013/02/23 ... ay-cry-pc/

Color me surprised. I like Ninja Theory so I figured I would like the game but never imagined I'd like it as much as I did.

Feanor
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Feanor »

Macca00 wrote:I will probably write a review for Maximum Pixellation sometime this week but I absolutely loved this game. No spoilers but the TV station boss fight and the dance club levels were two of the most unique and interesting things I've seen in a game for a long time.

I still do not understand the undue hate from Japanophile fans of the original DMC games but it's their loss if they don't play this.

I really, really hope Ninja Theory get to make a sequel because I would love to see where they could take the story and gameplay.
Given how badly this reboot bombed, it seems unlikely Capcom would want Ninja Theory to make another one.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

Feanor wrote:
Given how badly this reboot bombed, it seems unlikely Capcom would want Ninja Theory to make another one.
Yup, it's a damn shame - it's not just me that liked it, actually has a solid metacritic score. I'm sure if Ninja Theory's chief designer was named Shinji Kagawa rather than Tameemi Antoniades then the Neogaf crowd would have lapped this one up, instead because it's not Japanese it was dead before it even came out. f*** those guys.

WillHunting
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by WillHunting »

It can't possibly be as bad as DMC4. Now that game was terrible.

I just hate these action games with grading, because I can never get higher than a B.
+++++++++++++++
Gamertag: The Praxis
+++++++++++++++