Hockey Night - 2013

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Hockey Night - 2013

Post by Danimal »

MERACE wrote:
Danimal wrote:
I still have my Detroit Tigers to enjoy! :wink: :D
Which would matter if I was a Chicago baseball fan which I am not.

Try again if you want but anything Detroit seems to be full of fail tonight. ;)
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

BTW before anyone gets too mad this is all in good fun. I hope that is clear.

Also Melrose said on ESPN last night it was the right call so you know it was a horrible call if that tool is agreeing with it. :D

I'm not sure how we will fare against LA with the way Quick is playing but I'm going to try and get to one game. I remember when I moved to Chicago in 91 and started going to Hawks games, that's how I became a fan. Was so easy to get tickets, now forget it it is almost impossible.
Follow Me on:

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

Danimal wrote:Hey did you hear Detroit choked a 3-1 lead away

LOL

Losers.
They were supposed to get swept. At the very least they made your ass pucker. :lol:
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Jackdog wrote: They were supposed to get swept. At the very least they made your ass pucker. :lol:
Did more than that bud, did more than that. :D
Follow Me on:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Danimal wrote:BTW before anyone gets too mad this is all in good fun. I hope that is clear.

Also Melrose said on ESPN last night it was the right call so you know it was a horrible call if that tool is agreeing with it. :D

I'm not sure how we will fare against LA with the way Quick is playing but I'm going to try and get to one game. I remember when I moved to Chicago in 91 and started going to Hawks games, that's how I became a fan. Was so easy to get tickets, now forget it it is almost impossible.
Melrose is a tool, I can't stand that guy. He looks like one of those guys who hangs around in college bars trying to pick up 20 something girls. He always agrees with whatever call is being discussed. I now turn him off once I see his mug sitting at that table.

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

Danimal wrote:
Jackdog wrote: They were supposed to get swept. At the very least they made your ass pucker. :lol:
Did more than that bud, did more than that. :D
:D I hope they win the Cup.
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

After round two of the playoffs, I am short of being perfect in my predictions by one courtesy of my damn Canucks. Screw them, hope they find the right coach and please Gillis don't hire a dude like TORTS.

When you look at the way the playoffs have been going, it is safe to say that the best four teams are fairly represented in their respective conferences. I like the brand of Hockey the Hawks play much more than the dull Kings but the way Quick is playing is reminiscent of his performance last season when they won it all. Kings can't score as they are content to win the 1-0, 2-1 affairs. As much as I'd like the flashy team to advance here, LA will win the series in 6.

To the East, with all the additions that the Pens had, they were the team to beat. But the goaltender is still very up in the air for me, Vokoun has done the job so far but he surely looked awkward in making his saves. As much as I'd like to see a Pens-Hawks final, the big bad Bruins will take it in 6.

Hope that I am dead wrong, but if the Kings and Bruins do meet in the finals, it'll be one damn boring Stanley cup to follow.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
Hope that I am dead wrong, but if the Kings and Bruins do meet in the finals, it'll be one damn boring Stanley cup to follow.

I hope you are wrong also as I will be rooting for both the Hawks and Pens but that series is a VERY real possibility.

I dont think I will be bored though if it does happen as I would like to see a team like the Kings that will punch the d*****bag bruins in the face when they pull their goon bullshit.

Anyway I would MUCH prefer to watch actual hockey and any final with the bruins will be limited in that activity.

Go Hawks and Go Pens!

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

Danimal wrote:BTW before anyone gets too mad this is all in good fun. I hope that is clear.
I was beginning to wonder, thanks for the clarification. :)

I do owe you, and the other Hawks fans an apology. I failed to congratulate you on your Hawks series win and moving on to the semi finals. I did state previously that the better team won, however, that is not the same as giving a well deserved congratulations.

The Hawks remind me of the Red Wings when they were in their prime seasons. They may fall behind in a series but the somehow find a way to come back for the win. It also helps having the Bowmans working together in the organization. :wink:

Despite 10spro's prediction I really believe that the Hawks will go all the way through the playoffs and win the Stanley Cup this year. :!:

-MERACE

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

If the Bruins are allowed to board guys without getting calls, they'll thug their way to a series win over pitt. Crosby can have his spine sticking out of his neck and the refs won't call anything on Boston.

I like LA in the West. They play like defending champs should. And it's going to be hard beating Quick.

Pete
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Pete »

Inuyasha wrote:I'm done w/ the NHL, what a bunch of s*** OFFICIATING. They take that goal away from chicago on that b.s. call.
I thought you were done. :wink:

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

i forgot about that. i am done now.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

You will be back. Cant turn off the hockey playoffs.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Luckily db doesnt watch hockey so maybe he wont notice that I got the wrong thread the first time...twice the rant for your money!
Macca00 wrote:
XXXIV wrote:bruins are truly the nhls c***.

5 minutes for the Penguin player but only two for dirty the c***...okay. Thats some consistency there eh?

On the bright side. If the pens dont completely lose their s*** they will take the series. Its okay if they lose this game as they are Easily the better HOCKEY team.

on the d*****bag side it was Good to see malkin beat the f*** out of one of the c*** there at the end of the period.
I love that this is in the videogame thread! lol

XXXIV - the moment Marchand didn't get called for interference on Letang I thought of you losing your s***! lol The only way that could have been a better non-call is if it was Greggy Campbell with the interference.
:lol:

Beer doesnt care about threads! It said hockey 8)

campbell??? I think thats all we need to know. :wink:

and now at 2-0 bruins I have lost two hours of my life..

change that 3-0.

When I see a bruin I see these guys....

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Pens need to keep it together. Its okay if I let her rip. Im not playing. They need to relax.

At least I enjoyed the Hawks game. Very much. I guess you cant have it all.

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

You guys absolutely crack me up (by guys i guess i mean my boy XXXIV!). The Pens had a week to game plan and they decided to goon it up and try to out-Bruin the Bruins. Just stupid. I'm a hockey guy and a huge Bruins fan as you guys know and Pittsburgh took themselves out of their own game. Cooke, well he's Cooke. Crosby cheap shotting everyone including Rask, Malkin fighting, Iginla having no interest in being involved. The Pens are faster and more talented, but give me three more games like this one and they'll get swept. Don't blame the Bruins for playing back at a team that decided from drop of the puck to play their opponents game.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

RallyMonkey wrote: Don't blame the Bruins for playing back at a team that decided from drop of the puck to play their opponents game.
I agree with that. The Pens shoulnt be trying to out goon the goons.

They play hockey and they win this in five.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Pens started rather well, out chancing the Bruins initially but for some uncanny reason they got off the rail and the type of hockey everyone is accustomed to watch fom them just disappeared. Getting frustrated will play right into the Bruins' hands. They have to be more patient, even if they can't score after two periods, they gotta stick to their game plan.

Just what the Hawks did, none of the goals were highlight reels but they never panicked even though they were down.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

And yeah the non-interference call on Marchand, what the hell was that. #63 telegraphed everyone what his next move was going to be with Letang and they still missed it.

Staying patient and trying to break that neutral trap will be keys for the home team in game two.

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

10spro wrote:And yeah the non-interference call on Marchand, what the hell was that. #63 telegraphed everyone what his next move was going to be with Letang and they still missed it.

Staying patient and trying to break that neutral trap will be keys for the home team in game two.
Agree and agree. Marchand is a tick who you love when he's on your team but hate when he's not, but even I get frustrated with his antics. I'm good friends with an AHL referee and he told me that when he had the Providence Bruins during Marchand's time there, Marchand basically told him before games that he was going to start crap and told my friend to make sure be broke up any scrums before it turned into a fight because he didn't want to drop the gloves.

On the flip side, Crosby can be such a little b*tch sometimes yet everyone ignores it because he's Crosby. Bumping Rask then turning back and two handing him after a period just to try and get in his head. That's Marchand-esque but because he's Sid The Kid it's ok? No Bruin is fast enough in open ice, but he better pray he's not in a corner against Thornton, McQuaid or Big Z at some point because someone is going to knock his head off.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:And yeah the non-interference call on Marchand, what the hell was that..
I would call that par for the course. Been that way since lil greggy got boston.
RallyMonkey wrote: No Bruin is fast enough in open ice, but he better pray he's not in a corner against Thornton, McQuaid or Big Z at some point because someone is going to knock his head off.
Gots to love hockey talk! :P

Rally why you no play the Ice Dragon? Could use that Bruin perspective during hockey talk.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

:lol:

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

LOL @ video.
10spro wrote:
Just what the Hawks did, none of the goals were highlight reels but they never panicked even though they were down.
They are feeling very confident right now especially after the way they won that game 7.

These things can change on a dime though. Sometimes from period to period or even shift to shift.

Quick is a bad ass mother.

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

XXXIV wrote:
10spro wrote:And yeah the non-interference call on Marchand, what the hell was that..
I would call that par for the course. Been that way since lil greggy got boston.
RallyMonkey wrote: No Bruin is fast enough in open ice, but he better pray he's not in a corner against Thornton, McQuaid or Big Z at some point because someone is going to knock his head off.
Gots to love hockey talk! :P

Rally why you no play the Ice Dragon? Could use that Bruin perspective during hockey talk.
I had to disconnect my Xbox due to some issues at the house but I miss it a ton. Ill be back on soon enough once things get straightened out.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Kings don't score too many goals on the road and already without the services of M. Richards things may get more difficult for them. But they are almost invincible at home, they got to create more traffic in front of Crawford.