Tiger Woods 14 thread, part II

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Tiger Woods 14 thread, part II

Post by J_Cauthen »

Welcome bulls 23. We're in a bit of a strange state right now with the OCC. I had to set the Daily tournaments to Crooked Stick CC for the rest of the weekend to make up for the fact that the Weekly tournament there was mistakenly set to 4 days, rather than the usual 7. We don't have a Weekly that's currently running, but there will be a new on that will actually start at 1 AM EDT, on Tuesday, and it will run 6 days. The following week, we will be back on our regular, Monday 3 AM through Monday 2:59 AM cycle.

Meanwhile, here's a link to our league thread - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15920 It will explain to you how things work with our cup season. It's not too late for you to join in and play it. We actually only have about 4 or 5 who are still actively playing. I missed two consecutive weeklies myself, one due to vacation and the other due to technical issues.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

We've got a special DSP CC tournament set for tonight, starting at 9:00 PM EDT, at Sawgrass. It's scaled with the more casual gamer in mind. It will have normal shot shaping, zoom to aim, and analog strike meter (as opposed to the Simulation default of "Analog fade"). These settings feel more like Tiger 13 to me, which was more popular with our club userbase. If you're interested, give it a go and share your feedback on it.

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

John:

Thanks again for setting up a normal swing shaping tournament on my favorite course (TPC at Sawgrass). I got more than half way through my round when, due to thunderstorms in my area, my power went on and off and I got disconnected from Xbox Live. :x I was hoping to try again Saturday but had too much yard work to do. :(

-MERACE

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

MERACE wrote:John:

Thanks again for setting up a normal swing shaping tournament on my favorite course (TPC at Sawgrass). I got more than half way through my round when, due to thunderstorms in my area, my power went on and off and I got disconnected from Xbox Live. :x I was hoping to try again Saturday but had too much yard work to do.
I enjoyed the round myself. We've already had 6 power outages in my neighborhood since May, due to severe thunderstorms and I've lost a Tiger 14 round because of one, GT5 race on the PS3 because of it.

I think I'll probably have a normal shot shaping 1 rounder every Tuesday and Saturday from here on out, unless I hear a lot of objections.

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

J_Cauthen wrote: I think I'll probably have a normal shot shaping 1 rounder every Tuesday and Saturday from here on out, unless I hear a lot of objections.
Thanks! :D

-MERACE

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

EA Sports Ends Relationship With Tiger Woods; First Next-Gen PGA Tour Screenshot

http://www.pastapadre.com/2013/10/28/ea ... screenshot

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Wow that looks nice.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:Wow that looks nice.
So has every other still WIP shot of an EA Sports game. My advice wait until they show actual gameplay.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Nice touch with the alligator.

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

DChaps wrote:Nice touch with the alligator.
I like the reflection of the blimp next to it. :wink:
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Bumping this because I just signed up for the DSP Country Club that is obviously completely inactive. I was playing TW13 a ton, and picked up 14 on a whim. I think I might mess around with this version for awhile.

It looks like they are still doing daily tourneys and such. I finished 11th in my first one today. Okay, there were just eleven people who had played, and I scored a freaking +19. But I'm still getting used to the putting and figuring out the damn diagonal swinging. I'm doing better now, but I don't see a -16 in the my future, which was the lowest score.

I also posted to the actual CC page in the Online Leagues section. I just thought July was along time to wait for RM, and maybe some of you might want to play some TW 14 while we wait.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

To keep TW stuff out of RMPGA I figured I'd just bump this to ask whether or not anyone is currently playing TW'14 on either the PS3 or 360? I've really gotten back into this and have not experienced any of the freezing issues I remembered having when this game launched. If anyone is playing maybe we can resurrect a DSP online club, even if it is just a couple of us.
GT = Wilk5280