MLB 13 The Show

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

MLB 13 The Show

Post by Diablo25 »

Looked around for a thread on this and saw only a 12 thread so....

Just a quick gameplay reveal trailer (didn't see it anywhere either), nothing really breathtaking. Saw some uniform editing in there and the new playoff mode.

Last edited by Diablo25 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB 13 The Show

Post by Gangrel »

I wish they would make a PC version of this.......
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

I was prepared to pick up a cheap PS3 for this game, but I am stunned so many years into this console life-cycle the cheapest model is $230.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Interesting that it's looking like 360 owners will have no new MLB game this spring.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

FifaInspected wrote:Interesting that it's looking like 360 owners will have no new MLB game this spring.
Not so fast

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Apparently we can't embed videos unless they are on Youtube so here is a link to a video from CES today.

http://blip.tv/gamerlivetv/ces-2013-mlb ... ok-6496983

They had me on opening up the timing windows for hitting.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Glad to see that RTTS mode is getting some improvements as well as AI substitute pitching. That's one thing that Heat Heat did so well, subbing the right pitcher at the right time and especially if it he was going against a hot hitter. The game took all of that into account. It'll be interesting to see how it all works out.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Danimal wrote:Apparently we can't embed videos unless they are on Youtube so here is a link to a video from CES today.

At the end of the video, he mentions "The Show Live" - could this possibly be the equivalent to NBA 2K's "NBA Today" feature? If so, it's fantastic news.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Danimal wrote:Apparently we can't embed videos unless they are on Youtube so here is a link to a video from CES today.

Thanks for posting, Dan. I liked the comments about better CPU sub logic for lefty-righty matchups.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Interview from CES.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

backbreaker
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by backbreaker »

I don't expect big improvements for this iteration, simply because I'm sure their primary focus is on next gen. I will buy this one, but my anticipation is MLB14 for "Orbis/PS4".

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I didn't play Diamond Dynasty mode in 2012 but here is a video detailing updates to that mode in 2013.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Several members over at Operation Sports were guests of the dev team in SD. They have an impressions thread over at OS. Some pretty good details of the new game. Sounds like ball physics, which was vastly improved last year, are even better this year. Also, the franchise mode seems much deeper. Give it a look.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/m ... -only.html
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I'm actually in the "don't read info or watch videos" leading up to the release...I also don't play demos. I know it's gonna be badass, so I might as well be surprised at all the new stuff when I unwrap the thing.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I'm actually in the "don't read info or watch videos" leading up to the release...I also don't play demos. I know it's gonna be badass, so I might as well be surprised at all the new stuff when I unwrap the thing.
I'm the opposite :). I love reading up on things leading up to the game. I am really excited about the game. I've honestly been getting back into MLB 12 lately. I'm playing a fantasy draft franchise with the Mariners and I've been having a great time. I finally have settings that I am loving. It will keep me interested until 13 is released.

On a similar note, I can't help but think how sick MLB 14 could be on the PS4 :)
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I read the first page of that OS thread and was pumped. Like that someone said Pulse pitching has been refined.

Pete
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Pete »

I read it and there is a lot of good info. Something for everyone as they talk about many of the modes in the game.

What I like hearing is the change in ball physics, improving it even more than what we saw last year. This then affects playing defense and how aggresive you are as a fielder. More hit variety also.

They also talk of a big improvement in presentation which certainly needed it.

This is, by far, is my favorite game to play. I had an incredible season last year and look forward to an even better one this year.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Anybody try this on Vita last year?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Naples39 wrote:Anybody try this on Vita last year?
Yup...stays pretty true to the console version. And obviously being able to take your franchise on the road is fantastic, tho it's a little limited. You have to begin and finish the game and upload the file before you can switch to the other console and play on. Easily the best hand held baseball game ever made and it was the first version. I expect this version to be even better. It's literally the only reason I kept my Vita. What a dog of a console. Have any other games even been released in the past six months? Ugh.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Since PS3s are still too expensive, I'm thinking of getting a used Vita for this game only.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Naples39 wrote:Since PS3s are still too expensive, I'm thinking of getting a used Vita for this game only.
Not a bad idea. It's pretty damn close to the console version. Graphics obviously are the biggest difference, but quite a bit of the modes/features are exactly the same. I know this year they had to strip a few things out of the Vita version because it just wouldn't fit on the cartridge (mostly audio from I gather), but from a season/franchise standpoint I believe they are identical.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/24/391025 ... s-wont-fit

And it's definitely shocking how PS3s have kept their value. I'm pretty sure their reasoning is it's still one of the best Blu-Ray players ever made and that's pretty much the main reason I bought a second one for my house. It helps that I can game on both. :)

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Naples39 wrote:Anybody try this on Vita last year?
Yup...stays pretty true to the console version. And obviously being able to take your franchise on the road is fantastic, tho it's a little limited. You have to begin and finish the game and upload the file before you can switch to the other console and play on. Easily the best hand held baseball game ever made and it was the first version. I expect this version to be even better. It's literally the only reason I kept my Vita. What a dog of a console. Have any other games even been released in the past six months? Ugh.
Ditto.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Another developer blog. Ramone Russell (you see him in most of the interviews...seems like a super guy) narrates this one. Some great info on how hitting has been refined. All of the info has been great.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Naples39 wrote:Since PS3s are still too expensive, I'm thinking of getting a used Vita for this game only.
Not a bad idea. It's pretty damn close to the console version. Graphics obviously are the biggest difference, but quite a bit of the modes/features are exactly the same. I know this year they had to strip a few things out of the Vita version because it just wouldn't fit on the cartridge (mostly audio from I gather), but from a season/franchise standpoint I believe they are identical.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/24/391025 ... s-wont-fit

And it's definitely shocking how PS3s have kept their value. I'm pretty sure their reasoning is it's still one of the best Blu-Ray players ever made and that's pretty much the main reason I bought a second one for my house. It helps that I can game on both. :)
That is a great idea Naples. The Vita version of MLB is incredible. It really is the best handheld baseball game ever...by far. Hell its better than most console baseball games all by itself. The cross platform capabilities are awesome. With my franchise, I'll play a game on the PS3, upload the save to the cloud and play another game in bed before I crash for the night.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Brando70 wrote:I read the first page of that OS thread and was pumped. Like that someone said Pulse pitching has been refined.
I usually don't get into baseball games after a few weeks of playing them, but if pulse pitching is refined (any developer videos on this yet?) and the "beginner" mode is like they say it is - ramping you up automatically as you learn to hit better, I might just pick this one up.