MLB 13 The Show

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB 13 The Show

Post by sportdan30 »

Patch has arrived:

Another MLB 13 The Show title update has arrived this morning, bringing it up to version 1.18. It weighs in at 167 MB, see below for all the details.
In offline and online games, there was an occasional hitch/millisecond delay just as the pitcher would release the pitch. This was reported with a frequency ranging from approximately 10%

40%. The title was writing data to the HDD at this point, causing the brief, but noticeable hiccup in the gameplay. When the title writes to the HDD has been adjusted, and this hitch/delay will no longer occur. I.E. the pitch stutter was caused by the different Hard drive sizes. This is not something could have been found during normal QA testing because all testing is done using the same type's of PS3's.

Franchise Fantasy Draft blank screen in Standard Def only. This was reported with a 100% frequency. In a Franchise mode, when performing a Fantasy Draft, the first round worked correctly. Every round after the first round would have a blank list of available players and drafted players. User could scroll through the empty list and choose players, but the player names were invisible. This was standard definition only. This has been fixed.

In online games, there was a very rare crash when putting a Pinch Hitter into the game. This was reported with a frequency of approximately 2% - 10%. Multiple pinch hit substitutions in the same inning could eventually result in a crash. This was fixed.

In a Franchise game, while playing with the Houston Astros, an On Screen Display showing division team comparisons would show the Houston Astros in their old National League division. This has been fixed.

Challenge of the Week - In game real time leaderboard would disappear/reappear frequently. This was reported with a 100% frequency. In game leaderboard on the right side of the screen would flicker in and out on almost every pitch. This has been fixed.

Online Game Rooms - Within a game room, we changed the terminology within Challenge Options pop-up. We removed the text "(Tracked)" as well as the text "(Unranked, Untracked)" from the top two challenge options within a game room. This was not a bug, but it caused some confusion with consumers. Safe text change that has been addressed.

Online - Timing batting was available for users in an online game. This was reported with a frequency of 100%. This setting was never intended for online gameplay and has been removed.

Within an online game created through a Game Room, users did not have the ability to Concede or Friendly quit through the Quit option. This was reported with a frequency of 100%. Concede/Friendly quit has been added to the Quit game menu.

Offline gameplay - Following a Fast Forward in any gameplay mode, the Pitcher would throw a fastball down the middle with about 90% frequency. This has been fixed.

Use Custom rosters in Leagues. Create some custom (created players) players and upload them to the rosters and form a league that way. Once the league is formed, make sure every teams roster can be generated. Specifically, any team that has a created player on that roster. Key step to this is when uploading a Roster, user must choose LOAD ROSTER FROM HD or LOAD ROSTER FROM VAULT

Create a league (Load weekly roster during creation process) and have any user control the Minnesota Twins - After activating the league, go to Manage Roster (for the Twins) and generate lineups and rosters. At this point (In PROD), user would receive an error message and the lineups would never be generated. Error Message: (Sorry, we could not generate a valid roster/lineup/rotation with the given players) Key step to this is when uploading a Roster, user must choose LOAD WEEKLY ROSTER.

Four significant Art changes:
1. Addition of new 2013 Post Season logos. These can be viewed throughout the front end, and in game easily in PostSeason mode. Logos can appear in the frontend bracket screens, load screen bracket screens, on the field logos, and during on screen display pop-ups.
2. Batting Practice hats for the Cleveland Indians. Removed an outdated logo batting hat.
3. San Francisco AT&T stadium - There was a Minnesota Twins logo in the dirt of the pitching mound.
4. Toronto Stadium - There was a large section of seating that appeared grey instead of blue (behind 1st or 3rd base). This was reported with a frequency of 100%. The art files have been changed to reflect the proper seat colors.

Online user vs user games - Concede/Friendly Quit option has been added to the quit menu in games formed and played through Game Rooms

Fixed an occasional hang that occured when loading a save file that was autosaved after purchasing budget in the Manage Contracts screen.

Fixed an issue that would cause older players in season/franchise modes to regress at a faster pace than intended.

Fixed an issue with the one and two handed follow through setting in Edit Player. Two handed follow through was not carrying over into game.

Manager mode - All batters due up were being displayed as "L" for left handed batter. This has been fixed in HD displays.

Manager mode - Pitcher would never pitchout until it was requested by the manager. Pitcher will now occasionaly pitch out when the time is appropriate, when user selects Play Ball.

Fixed an issue where 2013 Hall of Fame players were not showing up.

Post game celebartion following a win. SF Giants were walking to/from the wrong dugout. This has been fixed.

Fixed a minor bug that affected Starting Pitcher energy in League games.

End of inning music was missing in offline Fast Play games. This has been fixed.

Fixed an issue that caused the Mercy rule to appear incorrectly at the end of certian online games.
Server Fixes
Twitter feeds fix
- Twitter feeds should now show up with today's Tweets # New telemetry TSD file

Updated player skill ranks
- Using Play Now Rated games, users were staying at the Rookie level and not graduated to Veteran, All-Star, Hof, Legend. They should now move up and down based on Rating.

Game reset fix for playoff games
- Playoff games were unable to be reset. Now they can.

Fixed league injury healing
- When a player got injured if you set him to Inactive, "games returned" would never reduce. If you left him on the Active roster, it would count down. So doing it right punished users with a bug.

DD: Arena card colors adjusted to match new number ranges
- A+ cards should now be platinum, platinum cards should always be A+. Using the Recylcer should provide a platinum card.

DD: Quality generation moved to after the aptitude is picked
- Same test as above.

DD: APT cards cannot be sold for wrong prices anymore
- To repro, you can create a buy order for a high Aptitude DD card. You yourself (or another user) could put up a sell order with a lower Aptitude DD card and qualify for that Buy Order.

Pete
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Pete »

Game is fantastic again this year but I am very happy to see the little hitch in the pitcher fixed and the first pitch strike fixed.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Really enjoying RRTS so far. Got about 20+ games playing as 3B and hitting around 308. Will start the franchise once the opening day rosters are out. My only issue is running the bases when the camera is right behind the player and I have the buttons mixed up.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

Well that's great freakin' news about the hitch getting fixed. Not that I've had any time to play or anything.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Didn't have the hitch after installing the game to the HD (on both my old PS3 and my souped up SSD PS3) so that wasn't a big deal to me anymore. However, they better have fixed the runner slowing down rounding third bug. That is annoying as hell. Unfortunately I don't see it on the list.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Pete wrote:Game is fantastic again this year but I am very happy to see the little hitch in the pitcher fixed and the first pitch strike fixed.
I don't see the "first pitch strike" issue in the list above. Was it already fixed in a previous patch?

Pete
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Pete »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Pete wrote:Game is fantastic again this year but I am very happy to see the little hitch in the pitcher fixed and the first pitch strike fixed.
I don't see the "first pitch strike" issue in the list above. Was it already fixed in a previous patch?
"Offline gameplay - Following a Fast Forward in any gameplay mode, the Pitcher would throw a fastball down the middle with about 90% frequency. This has been fixed."

I hope this is the fix.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Pete wrote:
Leadfoot5 wrote:
"Offline gameplay - Following a Fast Forward in any gameplay mode, the Pitcher would throw a fastball down the middle with about 90% frequency. This has been fixed."

I hope this is the fix.
Oh wow, I missed that!! Yep, I think that's it. Cool beans, thanks!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

The "rounding third slow down" bug is still there. What a pain in the ass it is. You can rarely score from second on a hit from anything but the fastest players. Seems like this should be a bigger deal around here. I wonder if you guys are using auto baserunning or something and not seeing it. I'm using manual classic controls so maybe that's the culprit. I have no idea.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

dbdynsty25 wrote:The "rounding third slow down" bug is still there. What a pain in the ass it is. You can rarely score from second on a hit from anything but the fastest players. Seems like this should be a bigger deal around here. I wonder if you guys are using auto baserunning or something and not seeing it. I'm using manual classic controls so maybe that's the culprit. I have no idea.
Even on auto on RTTS mode, it's a bit messy and you have to actually manually do it yourself. Got my fair share of 'You're OUT'! :evil:

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

10spro wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:The "rounding third slow down" bug is still there. What a pain in the ass it is. You can rarely score from second on a hit from anything but the fastest players. Seems like this should be a bigger deal around here. I wonder if you guys are using auto baserunning or something and not seeing it. I'm using manual classic controls so maybe that's the culprit. I have no idea.
Even on auto on RTTS mode, it's a bit messy and you have to actually manually do it yourself. Got my fair share of 'You're OUT'! :evil:
I'm on auto base running so I'm not seeing that. But there is a thread at OS. on that,with some saying you have to cue up sending the runner home much sooner than previous editions. I don't know if that would help or not. Even with auto I've been able to send the runner on a steal with L2,but now its more hit and miss. Running is cumbersome in this game....they should steal a page from 2k and simplify base running.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

snaz16 wrote:Running is cumbersome in this game....they should steal a page from 2k and simplify base running.
That's always been my biggest beef with the game. It's like every year they have a NEW running scheme that requires more finger gymnastics. :P

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

The running is fine on Classic controls. Pick your baserunner by using a face button and then press the base he goes to. Not that difficult.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Yep, classic running controls are just fine
GT = Wilk5280

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Over a 1000 people viewing the MLB The Show forum at OS, most likely in anticipation of the OS rosters. Craziness!

Has anyone tried the The Live mode yet?

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Loving this game. This is the number one reason I'm going PS4.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

sportdan30 wrote:Loving this game. This is the number one reason I'm going PS4.
Can't wait to see how the series steps up on the new console. Should be nuts.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

lsdean
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by lsdean »

So guys, would you recommend picking up 13 or stay with 12? Thanks

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

lsdean wrote:So guys, would you recommend picking up 13 or stay with 12? Thanks
No question 13 is better than 12...no brainer.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Co signed.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

Diablo25 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Co signed.
Co signed.
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Depends..

If you are most interested in the new modes (Post Season and The Show Live) and upgrades to RTTS than I say sure.

My opinion is not based on hit variety, AI subs or other baseball nuances. I simply want a game that plays a smooth and fun game of baseball.

Personally i've been unhappy with 13 since the day I got it. I have not seen the major stuttering issue but am convinced the game is not as smooth graphically speaking as 12. When I throw a ball it's often met with some sort of mild frame rate reduction, particularly as it approaches it's target. I see this occasionally when balls are hit as well. Most people may not notice this, but it wasn't in 12. I also like the presentation of 12. With 13 leaving me a bit unhappy i've bought in the last month 2k7, 2k10, 2k12 and ordered Pro Spirits last week. On thursday I re-purchased The Show 12, downloaded 2013 rosters from the vault and once again have an amazing baseball game. For me I much prefer 12.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

orthostud23
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by orthostud23 »

I am enjoying the show 13. My gripes are in the offseason. I am doing a Pirates franchise, and during the offseason it's very hard to see how the players in AAA and AA did while there. Why can't I see there stats? The progression seems to be done fairly well. Free agency though is where it gets funny. Halliday was on the FA market and when I went t negotiate with him it says that he was only asking for 2.5m/yr. We al know he would be offered more than that. Same with some of the position players. Again they were asking for anywhere from 2-3m/yr, but of course landed much larger contracts.

Other than not being able to see previous year minor league stats I am very pleased with this years game. Hopefully in year 2 I can get the team to a 500 record. :D

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Still playing 12 with updated rosters, not sure If I'll make the switch this year or not.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Pete
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Pete »

I had my first really head scratching CPU AI moment over the weekend.

Playing a short season as the Reds, and I was up 4 - 2 over the Braves in the top of the 8th. The 7th place hitter singled to lead off the inning and BJ Upton was due up 8th. The CPU pinch hit Gerald Laird. 8O

He promptly hit into a double play.

This is the first time I have seen the CPU really make a bad move or at least a move that was very questionable.

Still just loving this game though. I really like the bump up in difficulty this year playing defense. You need to take the right angles and compensate for momentum. First time I have really had to concentrate while playing defense.