MLB 13 The Show

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB 13 The Show

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Wilk5280 wrote:db,
What 120gb SSD drive did u go with?
Samsung 840 Series. They had it for $95 at Fry's (same as newegg, but newegg is out of stock). You can get it on Amazon for $100 and you can even get the 250gb for $150 if your heart desires. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Series-12 ... +ssd+120gb

It's a nice reliable drive. Not the fastest out there, but you're not going to be able to tell the difference between SSDs in the PS3. From a normal drive to SSD, absolutely.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Gotta a question about the game, specifically about base running. I always use classic controls and in the past L1 would allow me to extend a base runner's lead. That doesn't seem to work this year. I have the digital copy and no instruction manual. When I checked the strategy guide in the game, I didn't see this covered with the classic control scheme.
GT = Wilk5280

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I could be wrong but the manual should be on your drive. I know the manual is digital and was installed to my ps 3 when I installed the game so it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't put it with the digital copy.

Have you tried the left shoulder button
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Wilk5280 wrote:Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Gotta a question about the game, specifically about base running. I always use classic controls and in the past L1 would allow me to extend a base runner's lead. That doesn't seem to work this year. I have the digital copy and no instruction manual. When I checked the strategy guide in the game, I didn't see this covered with the classic control scheme.
That's weird. Did you set baserunning controls to "classic" in the options? I know you said you use the classic controls, but not sure if you set the toggle in the options. L1 is leadoff, L2 is steal.

bulls23
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by bulls23 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Wilk5280 wrote:db,
What 120gb SSD drive did u go with?
Samsung 840 Series. They had it for $95 at Fry's (same as newegg, but newegg is out of stock). You can get it on Amazon for $100 and you can even get the 250gb for $150 if your heart desires. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Series-12 ... +ssd+120gb

It's a nice reliable drive. Not the fastest out there, but you're not going to be able to tell the difference between SSDs in the PS3. From a normal drive to SSD, absolutely.
Wow SSD's must be expensive. I bought a 320gb WD laptop drive to upgrade my XBOX360 at newegg for $48. :)

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

bulls23 wrote:Wow SSD's must be expensive. I bought a 320gb WD laptop drive to upgrade my XBOX360 at newegg for $48. :)
They are. But there is no better upgrade you can do to a computer/laptop/game system than an SSD. Loading and writing times are improved ten fold usually. But yeah, you get what you pay for.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Double post
Last edited by Wilk5280 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GT = Wilk5280

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

So what seems be the gold standard when it comes to settings, controls, presentation and camera views?

I think right now I'm on all-star with broadcast pitching cam, default catcher hitting cam, classic controls, timed hitting and analog throwing.

If there's improvements to be made I'd like to utilize them as I'm getting ready to start my season. I usually wait for the opening day roster set to drop, but with how much MLB rosters change throughout the course of the season I don't really see the need to wait anymore.

I'm amazed by how good this game is.
GT = Wilk5280

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Wilk5280 wrote: I think right now I'm on all-star with broadcast pitching cam, default catcher hitting cam, classic controls, timed hitting and analog throwing.
That's my setup exactly. I am also using the default medium camera for fielding, but I was thinking of trying broadcast for fun....

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Fellas. I getting no commentary in RTTS mode. Is that normal? My audio settings show all the commentary volume up. However, further down the same audio settings page they are all off and locked.

Any help would be appreciated.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Started a LF in RTTS. Love what they did with the outfield cam and pregame batting practice. My first game, first AB I hit a gapper and stretch it into a double. Hurt my wrist sliding and I am out 2 weeks LOL.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I am getting no commentary on RTTS. I started as a 3B, struggled at bat with my first couple of games but picked it on the next three. Just a bit confused running the bases from the default camera angle where I got picked up a couple of times.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

FifaInspected wrote:Fellas. I getting no commentary in RTTS mode. Is that normal? My audio settings show all the commentary volume up. However, further down the same audio settings page they are all off and locked.

Any help would be appreciated.
Change in RTTS audio this year, as they want the gamer to get more of the "on the field" experience when it comes to the audio. So you'll only hear the broadcasters sparingly...

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Did they take out the umpires? I don't see them introduced anymore...
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Zlax45 wrote:Did they take out the umpires? I don't see them introduced anymore...
Well, the variable umpires are still in the game (annoyingly so!), but you are right - they don't seem to talk about them any longer... huh...

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

Has anyone tried that extreme closeup catcher cam? Sort of interesting for judging balls and strikes.

backbreaker
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by backbreaker »

Slumberland wrote:Has anyone tried that extreme closeup catcher cam? Sort of interesting for judging balls and strikes.
I use the Catcher Zoom or Zoom 2 I believe. I can really see the ball from this vantage point. The only thing I suffer from now because the window to hit is so wide, my mind and fingers are use to 12 and I'm Early on damn near every swing.

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

backbreaker wrote:
Slumberland wrote:Has anyone tried that extreme closeup catcher cam? Sort of interesting for judging balls and strikes.
I use the Catcher Zoom or Zoom 2 I believe. I can really see the ball from this vantage point. The only thing I suffer from now because the window to hit is so wide, my mind and fingers are use to 12 and I'm Early on damn near every swing.
Same for me.Upped pitch speed to 6 and may go to 7.Some annoyances on auto base running holding the L2 button does not cue a steal anymore. And their seems to be a bug on frequent 1st pitch strikes right down the middle. And check swings seem alot harder to pull off on both normal and contact swings. Need some sorta of solution for these items.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Everyone is pretty adament about increasing pitch speed to 7 or 8. I love TNK's sliders by the way. Also, with regards to stealing, I have found that you have to hit the L2 button before the pitch is thrown. It definitely was not this way in past versions.

fyi, not sure if anyone is seeing first pitch get em' over the plate strikes on a frequent basis, but there appears to be a work around. If you step out of the batter's box before the first pitch of the inning is thrown, the first pitch will be more varied. You only have to do it on the first pitch after the CPU has selected his pitch and the pitch screen is greyed out. Sounds absolutely ridiculous and whomever discovered this has really played too many games. This needs to get patched either way.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

sportdan30 wrote:Also, with regards to stealing, I have found that you have to hit the L2 button before the pitch is thrown. It definitely was not this way in past versions.
It has always been that way.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

I have to say it, but how does this game not have any kind of world baseball classic mode? Nothing? Not even basic teams? How easy would it be, with the big database of players in the game, to have national teams and a simple tournament setup, and let you pick your own players and change them up for each team as you like. Sure, some national teams maybe they don't really have in the database, namely the Japanese and other Asian teams, but they could do something simple for that to fill in the gaps.

I know, I know, it probably isn't much of a draw for most folks, but to me it's kind of a no brainer and its a shame it's not in there at least in those years the WBC takes place, like this year. Oh well.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Diablo25 wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:Also, with regards to stealing, I have found that you have to hit the L2 button before the pitch is thrown. It definitely was not this way in past versions.
Yup. At least when you use the classic controls.

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:
Yup. At least when you use the classic controls.
When using auto running L-2 sent the runner on a steal (or hit & run) but this year it works maybe 1 out of 5 times. The auto run feature in this game does a better job than I do,so this kinda ruins it. The step out works well,,thanks for that tip Dan.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Anyone play in online leagues?

A buddy and I are trying to roll an online league with just the two of us. Once we advance to the next series, none of the stats for the cpu AI games are recorded. Anyone know what the deal is with that by chance?
GT = Wilk5280

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

I hear comments about the variable umps all the time, comments like "that one has been a strike all game long" or saying something along the lines of "I don't know what he was seeing but that was a strike"

I got the cheap (comparably speaking) 120 gig SSD at Frys and put it in the PS3. I had just upgraded my Macbook Pro with a 256 SSD and really saw a jump in speed in that. Not comparable in the PS3, but it does make a difference - and I can always use the drive in something else later - hard drives never go to waste. Thanks for the tip, DB.