MLB 13 The Show

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB 13 The Show

Post by dbdynsty25 »

fanatic wrote:Amazing game...but unfortunately I'm experiencing constant stuttering (every inning for sure) when a pitch leaves the CPUs hands. It's just enough to ruin an at bat sometimes- obviously in baseball, timing is everything. I will start tweaking network/display settings tonight.

The game is beautiful otherwise and plays great. Crossing my fingers!
I saw it right at the beginning of my last game. I switched to a custom batting camera (a variance of the catcher cam just zoomed out a bit) and the stutter went away. I switched from CD to digital copy last night so I'll see if maybe it's a function of the DVD drive loading in the background too.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
fanatic wrote:Amazing game...but unfortunately I'm experiencing constant stuttering (every inning for sure) when a pitch leaves the CPUs hands. It's just enough to ruin an at bat sometimes- obviously in baseball, timing is everything. I will start tweaking network/display settings tonight.

The game is beautiful otherwise and plays great. Crossing my fingers!
I saw it right at the beginning of my last game. I switched to a custom batting camera (a variance of the catcher cam just zoomed out a bit) and the stutter went away. I switched from CD to digital copy last night so I'll see if maybe it's a function of the DVD drive loading in the background too.
Thanks- I'm actually playing a digital copy. I will definitely turn off network stuff and play around w cameras. Last night I tried zooming in- which looked great but still had the problem.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Started my RTTS today as a LF. The new camera is very cool, but fielding can be tough as hell and can rattle the nerves.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

So I played a few more games and I really have no clue what level I am on. I wanted to see how this adapt thing worked so after my first session I saved the profile and that is what it is using but I no longer see messages that say Beginner 6/6. I assume the next level is rookie but I'm clueless as to how this is suppose to work.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Beginner mode has 6 ranks as I understand it. Once you complete the 6 ranks, at that point you should feel somewhat comfortable to adjust the skill level to "rookie". I'm sure you'll find rookie fairly easy but may wish to play on that level for a few games. Whereas I played on Veteran in the past, All-Star feels just right in terms of competitiveness.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Thanks for some reason I was expecting it to move me up to the next level on its own. I guess I had the wrong impression on how this workls
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I haven't experienced any stuttering at all. I use the Catcher Offset cam. Maybe that has something to do with it.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Danimal wrote:Thanks for some reason I was expecting it to move me up to the next level on its own. I guess I had the wrong impression on how this workls
Yeah, this confused a bunch of folks I think. But over on OS the producer confirmed that only "Beginner Mode" has this adaptive/progression feature to get people more comfortable with the game.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Danimal wrote:Thanks for some reason I was expecting it to move me up to the next level on its own. I guess I had the wrong impression on how this workls
Yeah, this confused a bunch of folks I think. But over on OS the producer confirmed that only "Beginner Mode" has this adaptive/progression feature to get people more comfortable with the game.
Thanks and I am glad I asked or I would keep playing hoping for it to work.
Follow Me on:

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

A couple devs have commented over at OS in the "Stuttering" thread that they are working on a fix.

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

sportdan30 wrote:A couple devs have commented over at OS in the "Stuttering" thread that they are working on a fix.
I did notice some of that in my last game,but I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing "stuttering" when moving thru thru the menus ? I go to move up or down to hilite or change something and it moves 2 spots or sticks then jumps over my intended item in the menus. Its only happening in the menus and doesn't affect game play. Im wondering if I might need a new game controller?

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Happy to report that after disabling media network connections in ps3 menu and switching back to 1080p (I assume the former made the difference), my experience was perfect tonight- silky smooth, with not a single stutter. Couldn't be happier with the increased offence in this year's game as well.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I'm actually kind of disappointed in the overall polish of this game. It's a stuttering mess in nearly all phases and it seems like every year we get less and less control in the field. This was my complaint last year as well and it seems to be even worse this year. Especially when it involves any time of collision detection. It's still light years ahead of 2k13 (which I have rented) so there's that...but this game really need a patch or two to get rid of all the graphical issues. Quite disappointing really. You'd think they'd have all that stuff straightened out before release, especially since it's not like there is some huge graphical improvement over last year (which was smooth).

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I haven't had any stuttering (knock on wood) but I still find the same challenges as years past.

- I need to find a way to shorten the game while still making the presentation somewhat interesting. With each game clocking in at over 60 minutes I'll never get through a season.
- I hate the way guess pitch was changed. If you guess just pitch type that quick flash of a red ball makes me lose site of the pitch. May just turn it off completely
- I still can't find a hitting camera I am comfortable with. Any suggestions right now I am on Catcher 3.
- Maybe it is me but guys seem to be getting to less balls in the field this year.
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote: - I still can't find a hitting camera I am comfortable with. Any suggestions right now I am on Catcher 3.
Have you tried "behind - close pitcher" camera? That has helped me with games like MLB2K where I had trouble picking up the ball. That may help seeing how the ball is coming at you.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

You literally cannot buy the game from the PSN store and install it on an old school 40gb PS3, even though it's only 23gb of data. Wiped my entire PS3 hard drive and still can't get it to install...always says there's not enough space. Genius.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:You literally cannot buy the game from the PSN store and install it on an old school 40gb PS3, even though it's only 23gb of data. Wiped my entire PS3 hard drive and still can't get it to install...always says there's not enough space. Genius.
That's too bad and it doesn't surprise me. I know with GT5 it's a game that likes to expand in size. Maybe that's why it won't let you install it on the 40GB drive.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

For pitching I have been using the 'Outfield' camera angle and 'Catcher offset' works well for me in the batting department. No stuttering.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:You literally cannot buy the game from the PSN store and install it on an old school 40gb PS3, even though it's only 23gb of data. Wiped my entire PS3 hard drive and still can't get it to install...always says there's not enough space. Genius.
That's too bad and it doesn't surprise me. I know with GT5 it's a game that likes to expand in size. Maybe that's why it won't let you install it on the 40GB drive.
There is 37gb free on a 40gb PS3...and the game takes up 23gb. They broke it up into two parts, main game and additional content. If I have both items downloaded at the same time it won't let me install the other one. So yeah, GENIUS move. Game companies are f*cking idiots clearly and it sours me even more on this years the Show. F*ck them.

Slumberland
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Slumberland »

Yeah that's why I swapped drives a few months ago to a 500GB.

Overall the game seems smoother to me than any previous edition, the pitching release hitch notwithstanding. Going to try turning off the media sharing stuff.

Running with a starting pitcher RTTS on Vita. Fun so far!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Is it sad that I'm now contemplating throwing an SSD in my main PS3 and sending my 320gb main PS3 drive to my backup? LOL. Unreal.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

After initially seeing some odd stuff my game has been flawless. No clue why as I changed nothing.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

I have not seen any stuttering on my used GameStop bought 60 gig monster that was manufactured in March 2007. Very weird - glad I am not on the QA team trying to find the cause for that issue.

I was thinking that I was going to have to bump up the difficulty level. I am playing playoff mode as the Angels and after 4 innings I was leading the Tigers and Verlander 3-0. I got Verlander's pitch count up to about 75 pitches through 4 innings and he only lasted 5+ innings. But I ended up losing 9-3. Not so easy after all. When the Tigers took out Verlander in the 6th, it was 4-3 and I had 2 on and none out. 3 Ks later and the rally was over and pretty soon so was the game. Guess I need to leave the sliders as is for a while longer.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Well I installed a 120gb SSD in my Slim PS3, and holy crap what a difference. I cut loading times approximately in half in both The Show 13 and GT5. I guess the SSD upgrade in the PS3 is just as valuable when it comes to speed improvements as doing the same thing on your pc/mac is.

It also has completely eliminated any stuttering that I was seeing. So its been a good evening w/ the Show...finally. Ugh.

And I'm also happy to report that you can download the game (or any game for that matter) on multiple PS3 systems and just use the Cloud Saves to keep your games up to date.

Yeah...so I got everything work as I want it to now. 102 dollars later. Ugh. :) But I've eliminated that horrible 40gb hard drive at least. I put my 160gb from my Slim into my Fat and then now have a 120gb SSD in my Slim.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

db,
What 120gb SSD drive did u go with?
GT = Wilk5280