NHL 13 EASHL[X360]: DSP Ice Dragons Roll Call

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NHL 13 EASHL[X360]: DSP Ice Dragons Roll Call

Post by XXXIV »

Gangrel wrote:The only guy that intimidates me is 34. I see the penalties he takes on the other teams, and I think "man, I hope I don't piss him off".

;)
What penalties? I cant even get close enough to a guy to hit him. I think have like 1(6 in reality) penalty and 3(4 doh) body checks in double digit games.

The only way Im getting a penalty at this point in my players progress is if an NFL replacement ref calls it.

Give it time. 8)

EDIT: I just logged in. I have played 20 games(forgot about the randoms)and have 17 minutes in box time. I had forgot about the 5 I had for that fight with 10s. There wont be a rematch! :)

I have 1 lone goal and 7 assists. Wow. That is worse than I even remembered it. :lol:

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Ha! Sorry dude, I got mixed up. I forgot that this season you are no longer our enforcer, but rather it's that dreaded Hugo Hackenbush. I think the last time I played he had 3 in one game!

A real No Class Bobby Bass........ (an Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling reference for y'all!)
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

RallyMonkey
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RallyMonkey »

Anyone around tonight for some club games at 10EST?

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

Gangrel wrote:Ha! Sorry dude, I got mixed up. I forgot that this season you are no longer our enforcer, but rather it's that dreaded Hugo Hackenbush. I think the last time I played he had 3 in one game!

A real No Class Bobby Bass........ (an Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling reference for y'all!)
Oh no, not me. I think you must mean ol' Merv Tapper. I think he's had relations of one sort or another with every ref's significant other, the way he's been drawing penalties willy nilly these first few days. :D

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

RallyMonkey wrote:Anyone around tonight for some club games at 10EST?
Yes, I'm on now ready for some games.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

If anybody's skating tonight, please post here.
gamertag: ddtrane65

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

I'm usually around , playing drop in games when team mates are scarce.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I should be on sometime after 9:30.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

After noticing last night when we were doing our "only ourselves ranked game" deal that DD Trane was only a 46 overall 8O I thought maybe I should post this here in case it'll help others unfamiliar with the basic setup of NHL's Online Be A Pro universe. It's long, it's not as concise or clear as I'd prefer, bu maybe it'll help and serve as a resource of a sort for folks when they start.

Go into Xbox Live and select "EA Sports Hockey League." In there, select "My Pro" and you will see a menu. Ignore "Hockey Shop" completely at this time.

Instead go directly to "Edit Pro." You'll notice the next menu has each individual position.

In online be a pro, you create separate builds for each position, which is an awesome feature and allows for maximum flexibility once in a lobby. But it means you have to go through a bunch of steps for each position to be fully ready to play. But fear not, once you go through the initial build process, making adjustments as you level up or making changes to you physical stats or gear is much more manageable.

Anyway, once you are in "Edit Pro" select Center and it will load your info. Here you should immediately go one step to the right and select the Info tab. You'll note some lines on this area have a green mark on the left. This green mark indicates these are Universal areas, meaning these areas will apply to all of your player positions. That is, such things as name, birth year and so on will apply to all your online positions. However, other areas including height and weight, handedness, jersey number, player type and such apply only to the specific position. So your defenseman can be a right handed, 6'6" 235 lbs defensive defensman, while your Left Winger can be 5'10", 175lbs, left handed and a playmaker while your RW can be a 6'1" 197lbs right handed sniper.

For now, we are building your Center, so keep that in mind and set up your height, weight and player type to your liking. Also make sure to browse the "Play by Play Name" to select something close to if not exactly the name you're using for Gary Thorne to use in the play by play. Also remember you can change your dude's name later at any time by going back into this menu.

Ok, now go one more tab to the right to the little head looking icon and here, you can mess with your face. These will all be universal changes that will apply to all your online pros.

Now, one more move to the next tab to the right and you can select some cosmetic things that will apply only to this position, not all your pros. Stuff like whether you tuck in your jersey or whether you have a visor and so forth is in here.

The final area in this Edit Pro menu is actually the one farthest to the left and deals with your equipment. Here you can choose your stick, you skates, your gloves, etc. and will apply specifically to each different position. Besides the cosmetic aspects of brands and stick colors, note that for your stick and your skates, you actually have choices to make that affect performance. Stick flex and blade curve can thus be customized for each position, as can your skate blade radius. Pretty neat that you can give your defenseman a really short radius but give a speedy forward a longer skate blade.

Ok, now that all that is taken are of, go through all that Edit Pro mess again FOR EACH POSITION! Yes, this is initially a lengthy, time consuming process, but once done, it's done, and you can go back in and tweak very easily at any time later.

Once you're done with Edit Pro, now you need to go into the My Pro menu again and head into Edit Attributes. Here is where you assign your level-up points into each position's abilities. Note that this process is much quicker because you can get it all done for every position without having to load back out to a higher menu page. This process really doesn't take too long, but it's important not to leave any available attribute points in the bank. They don't do any good there!

You will start with a fair number of points to distribute in each area, so customization is where it's at. There are three areas, Offense, Defense, and Athleticism, for each position, so make sure to hit the LB and RB to cycle until you've spent all your points in each of the three areas for each player.

Note that at first, a bump of one "level" in any attribute costs only 10 points, but as you level up, each level will cost more. That is you can get Passing from 65 to 70 only spending 10 pts per level, but to go from 70 to 71 it will cost 20, and once you get to 75 each next step may cost 30 or 40 or 50. This is where the Player Types come into play. You will be able to boost the Passing attribute for a Playmaker up to 80 for a lot fewer points than it would take you to do so for a Grinder or a Sniper. Similarly a Sniper should be able to increase his shooting numbers at much less cost than a 2-way forward.

Note that in this Edit Attribute area you can change your Player Type for each position at any time, but if you do so, you attribute points will be reset. This is the easy way to re-roll your guys at each position, whether you want to change your RW from a Sniper to a Grinder, or your Defenseman from an Offensive Defensman to a Defensive Defensman, or if you just want to reset and do a quick re-roll without changing player type. However to adjust height and weight you have to go into the Edit Pro menu instead.

It's important that at some stage, you have gone through this lengthy process for all positions so that you have maximum flexibility as to what position you can play in games. But at the very minimum you need to set up at least one forward and your Defensman by distributing all the attribute points you have available.

At any time feom the EASHL menu you can do a Drop In Game where you will play with randoms. These games count towards leveling your player, so they can be very handy and I've found them to be pretty painless and often fun. But in these drop in games you will likely have no choice as to what position you will play because those random f***ers are fast as s*** at selecting positions. But no worries, if you have distributed your points in each position, you'll be A-OK no matter where you play.

The only caveat is to say I'd avoid playing goalie until you've played a bunch of goalie offline because that can get really ugly really fast if you don't have your skills sharp. Elsewhere on the ice you can f*** up as you like and you will almost never be the worst player on your team but as goalie, that can be very painful to endure if you're not solid.

Well I hope this wasn't too long and confusing and that it helps somewhat to get you ready for EASHL play. When we get enough people, we do like to play each other, either in practice or with our pros in a private game where we wear the unis of different teams and have the full crowd and play by play and all that. These games don't count towards leveling up, but playing against friends is almost always more fun just because there's less of a chance of getting blown out and even if it happens, hey, it's among friends! Otherwise, I myself am a stickler for having at least three guys for OTP play, but others such as Vader don't seem to mind playing with only two.

Looking forward to seeing you out there on the virtual ice. The ghost of Dick Fein lingers as the spirit of pond hockey lives on with the EASHL!

CrazyPsycho
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by CrazyPsycho »

Lurker coming in....played with you guys a couple years back under my username..

Looking for a club if you guys have room, GT - OverRager

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Ice Dragons got out to a 2-0 lead in the first period in a game tonight and after the opposing team tied it up at 2 in the 3rd period, we perservered until there was 3:18 left in the 4th OT for the win with a goal from Robo defender. :D
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/137741523
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

vader29 wrote:Ice Dragons got out to a 2-0 lead in the first period in a game tonight and after the opposing team tied it up at 2 in the 3rd period, we perservered until there was 3:18 left in the 4th OT for the win with a goal from Robo defender. :D
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/137741523
Great win for us. Never thought it was going to end.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

ahhh,it's thanksgiving weekend here, hopefully I have some time late at night to get some more DSP in. I miss you guys! And getting rocked by other fighters! With my midget player!

Don't mind me, i've been drinking...... :P

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

When are we playing? I'm usually on from 7-10 EST m-th then 7-11 F-sun.

I have been playing drop-in games and most are hit and miss. Would love to play with you guys!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Fun night for the Dragons this evening. We won our first game in OT and were ready to take on the world - and then it happened...we got boat-raced by the next squad 7-1. Ok, fine, it happens. One of us even said after the game "well, at least the next team won't be that good." That someone was me. Well, the first thing we see as we enter the next team's arena was a banner ceremony. Yes, we played the EASHL Pro Playoffs Champs from last month. There was about a 5 second block of silence when we saw the banner being raised (It was pretty much a 'WTF?' moment)...and then we all just started laughing. It was a blood bath. Just take a look at the screen grabs below...especially the post game stats. We ended up losing (obviously) but it was only 1-0! It was the funnest loss in the history of our storied squad. Good times.

1 Shot on goal...1 effing shot!! Our 1 minute and 5 seconds on attack surely impressed them :D
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

There was some real funny $hit said last night at the beginning of that game. We didn't get the ass kicking we thought was coming. Jimmy was the ultimate cheerleader as he kept reminding us that we were only "down by one" Outside of not being able to create any offensive chances, we kept our shape and played a cool and collected game on defense.

Mega fun, fellas!
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gangrel »

Wish I had been there..... instead I was sleeping 12 hours as I had been to the Boss the night before, and then worked all night and day. Damn responsibilities!

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

34 shots but only 1 goal, that team was over rated. :P

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I take it your only shot came on the breakaway? :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:I take it your only shot came on the breakaway? :)
I think it was an accident :)
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

That was hi-larious. I was pretty tipsy I'm sure you all could figure after having attended the Red Bulls game, and after that mega beat down 8-1 game we had suffered and Diablo was saying "no way we will play another team like that," when that banner ceremony thing started I said "why the f*ck are we playing this team?" It's like we were the Washington Generals last night.

One shot in that game and it came right at the start of the game. We really could have used a goofy goal like the one Jimmy scored in the first game when it was just myself, Vader and Jimmy. It's hard to describe how that goal happened but let's just say it was very, very soft. And then Merv Tapper scored on the the beakaway late in that game to win it. After that tough, fun win those two beat downs in the last two games I played were none too difficult to digest.

I do hope they fix the matchmaking. Our attempts to take advantage of the glitch described in the patch notes, namely getting the ultra-low rated newbie FifaInspected to captain in the hopes of matching up with some ultra-low rated teams, only ended up in those brutal mismatches. Classic Ice Dragons backfire.

One more guy and we could have gone into our sneaky "ranked amongst ourselves" games but I just couldn't stay awake anymore. It's so much fun though no matter what happens when we get a bunch of people. Awesome fun guys.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

yeh it was probably my funnest night as a Dragon for sure, just going to show playing these games it has nothing to do with winning to me.
"Are we going to bale? :lol: "

Those pro champs really played a sim style i have to commend them for that , and good for them that they can play that way and still win.

Since the fifa team seem to be on hold im up for another night of this for sure, anytime. :mrgreen:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Jimmydeicide wrote:yeh it was probably my funnest night as a Dragon for sure, just going to show playing these games it has nothing to do with winning to me.
"Are we going to bale? :lol: "

Those pro champs really played a sim style i have to commend them for that , and good for them that they can play that way and still win.

Since the fifa team seem to be on hold im up for another night of this for sure, anytime. :mrgreen:
It was a privilege to lose to those guys :). I'm usually pissed when I lose but how the hell could we get pissed after that whooping'?
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

WillHunting
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by WillHunting »

Darn, I missed the fun.
+++++++++++++++
Gamertag: The Praxis
+++++++++++++++

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Fellas,

When are we going to hit the ice again? Too much fun to pass up.

Also. Would you guys be willing to extend an invite to Azpaco? (his GT) He's played in Zeppo's old WE league and would be a good fit if there's room.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected