NFL Season 2012-2013

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NFL Season 2012-2013

Post by wco81 »

Training camps are going to open soon.

There's been all kinds of offseason news but here's one that I haven't seen played up too much, a slight change to the blackout rules:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football ... 56152164/1

Attendance has been declining despite the popularity of the sport. Presumably ratings are doing better but given the economic doldrums and the rising costs to attend NFL games, it shouldn't be surprising.
The Wall Street Journal, which first reported the new blackout rule, noted that NFL attendance has dropped 4.5% since 2007.
Ticket prices averaged $77.34 per game last year, according to Team Marketing Report.

In Buffalo, where the Bills' final three home games of last season were blacked out, a congressman, Rep. Brian Higgins, spoke out against the NFL's blackout rule.
Last season, 16 NFL games were blacked out. In addition to Buffalo, Cincinnati had six, Tampa Bay five, and San Diego two.
NFL is going to try to attract fans back to the stadiums with such things like making sure fans at the stadiums can see all the replays they would see at home. New stadiums are getting high-tech amenities like Wifi networks and perhaps mobile base stations or repeaters.

But as new stadiums go up, more and more fans are begin priced out of being able to attend games, as PSLs are imposed, along with higher ticket prices.

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Re: NFL Season 2012-2013

Post by ddtrane »

The main reason I don't go is because of the drunken idiots who disguises themselves as fans. I don't mind people who drink, but some people don't how to remain civil in public, and God forbid if they team should lose, everyone becomes a target during their drunken tirade.
gamertag: ddtrane65

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I can't wait for the start of the NFL season. It just means it's that much closer to the start of the NBA season, a first for me.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Im ready!.... I have been ready since the Giants win over the Patriots.

Lets GO RAMS! :D

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

Excited for the new season with Peyton in Orange!

But ya, there's no way I'm going to pay $60+ for nosebleeds when I can get the free stay-at-home version that's better. I don't know how the NFL overcomes that but they should be worried.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

What a dumbass. :roll:

"Cowboys WR Dez Bryant was arrested after pushing his mother"
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-o ... his-mother

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

JRod wrote:Excited for the new season with Peyton in Orange!

But ya, there's no way I'm going to pay $60+ for nosebleeds when I can get the free stay-at-home version that's better. I don't know how the NFL overcomes that but they should be worried.
NFL teams definitely gouge but I do really like going to a game. Last season I got to see a Devin Hester kick return in person and it really is awesome to something like that unfold live with 60,000 other people.

There's also no way I would go to an NFL game if I didn't drink. :D

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Brando70 wrote:
There's also no way I would go to an NFL game if I didn't drink. :D

:D

Its just too much fun at home . Especially with Redzone.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Curtis Martin's speech.

WOW

That is so much stuff.

God bless the man.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

XXXIV wrote:Im ready!.... I have been ready since the Giants win over the Patriots.

Rams Rams Rams!

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

MizzouRah wrote:
XXXIV wrote:Im ready!.... I have been ready since the Giants win over the Patriots.

Rams Rams Rams!
Rams forever!

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

XXXIV wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:

Rams Rams Rams!
Rams forever!

Yeah baby!

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

It's time...

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

MizzouRah wrote:
XXXIV wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:Rams Rams Rams!
Rams forever!

Yeah baby!
Let's ram it! :D :D

XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I could so become a Rams fan if going to their games was not so mind numbingly boring. It's terrible. I'm spoiled from having had season ticket to the Chiefs. I'd pay for those and travel to KC on sundays before paying a ton of cash for games at the dome.

I'm pretty excited for the Rams fortunes right now. I think they are et-up to make some serious steps forward over the next couple of seasons.

As for the Chiefs, I'm hopeful that getting Jamal Charles, Tony Moeaki, and Eric Berry back this season is going to make a huge difference. Cassel is great, but I think he will have plenty of tools this season, and the Chiefs are on the verge of a really special defense. But I've seen them screw up good situations time and time again. I don't have a ton of faith in Crennel. I would feel much better of they could have landed Fisher.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Let's ram it! :D :D

[/quote]

:P :D

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

After watching that, all I could think was, "Cocaine is a hell of a drug." :D

God help me, I like the Bears chances this year. I almost always have my football hopes attacked like Andy Dufresne in the Shawshank laundry any time I enter the season feeling positive about my team.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Brando70 wrote:After watching that, all I could think was, "Cocaine is a hell of a drug." :D

God help me, I like the Bears chances this year. I almost always have my football hopes attacked like Andy Dufresne in the Shawshank laundry any time I enter the season feeling positive about my team.
Just wait till Marshall drops his first touchdown pass. Your hopes will be fleeting.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Brando70 wrote:After watching that, all I could think was, "Cocaine is a hell of a drug." :D

Just wait till Marshall drops his first touchdown pass. Your hopes will be fleeting.
I'll take having a relatively high drop rate in exchange for five straight 1000-yard seasons. There have been five 1000-yard Bears receivers in my lifetime.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Brando70 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:

I'll take having a relatively high drop rate in exchange for five straight 1000-yard seasons. There have been five 1000-yard Bears receivers in my lifetime.
Trust me, you will not. He lost 3 games by himself, literally, no hyperbole, last season. Ask any Dolphin fan and they will share my opinion (Rod?). You'll see. 1,000 yard seasons mean jack sh*t when you don't catch the ball in the end zone or to move the chains on 3rd/4th down.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I would DB but Miami has become the destination if you want your career to rot. Chad Henne's future looked bright then it turned into rot. Marshall looked like the potential #1 WR the Fins were looking for and his performance was average at best. I wouldn't want to predict how Marshall is going to play in Chi town.

If he's motivated and getting the ball and plays in his zone he will make the case as to why other top players said they don't want to play in Miami. We'll see and it'll be interesting to see if those typical dropped passes from Henne and Moore are now catchable balls in the end zone.

I'm also curious to see if Henne gets time to play in J-ville and how he'll do. It would have been nice to see Marshall playing with Tannehill if he lives up to his potential.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Looks like Hard Knocks started up the other night. Missed it so will have to record one of the repeat showings.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

wco81 wrote:Looks like Hard Knocks started up the other night. Missed it so will have to record one of the repeat showings.
Yes it did, Miami Dolphins.. love this time of year!

A few on here will be happy campers!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:I would DB but Miami has become the destination if you want your career to rot. Chad Henne's future looked bright then it turned into rot. Marshall looked like the potential #1 WR the Fins were looking for and his performance was average at best. I wouldn't want to predict how Marshall is going to play in Chi town.
I simply said anyone who watched the dolphins play last year would agree that Marshall alone cost the team three games. No idea what the rest of this gibberish is about. Henne? Who the F was talking about him? And who else's career has rotted on Miami? Wait...when did Henne have a career in the first place? So confused.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Rams vs Colts - Sunday at 12:30

OH YEAH BABY!