NFL Season 2012-2013

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL Season 2012-2013

Post by MizzouRah »

XXXIV wrote:
Except for almost every prediction how often have I been wrong? I did think the Niners were going to blow the Ravens out. :P

It does sound good though.
Besides Arizona, we have a very tough division. SF is still going to be damn good. ;)

I like the non-call, in fact I thought the whole game was very well reffed, they let them play.

Boldin was the MVP though, not Flacco. :)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Brando70 wrote:Also, I think that was holding or PI on Crabtree on fourth down. The ball was on the five and he was in the endzone, so clearly outside of five yards. Phil Simms saying it was a good non-call provides further evidence there was a penalty.
Please.

The game was being called one way all night but with the game on the line it should be called differently? Flaco got hit out of bounds that would of been a roughing penalty in any other game, if it was Manning or Brady for sure.

Smith was being mugged all night by the SF secondary. You can't let all that go and then call it when the game is on the line, especially when Crabtree initiated the contact and was trying to push off.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Glad to see my boys come back. Was a head scratcher at the end, but the future is bright with Kap. The only question now is how big of a meat grinder will the NFC WEst be next year?

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Danimal wrote:
Brando70 wrote:Also, I think that was holding or PI on Crabtree on fourth down. The ball was on the five and he was in the endzone, so clearly outside of five yards. Phil Simms saying it was a good non-call provides further evidence there was a penalty.
Please.

The game was being called one way all night but with the game on the line it should be called differently? Flaco got hit out of bounds that would of been a roughing penalty in any other game, if it was Manning or Brady for sure.

Smith was being mugged all night by the SF secondary. You can't let all that go and then call it when the game is on the line, especially when Crabtree initiated the contact and was trying to push off.
Smith was hanging onto Crabtree's right arm while he was in the endzone and the ball was in the air. How can that be acceptable? Even if Crabtree pushed off, that should have at least been a double flag. I just don't agree with letting a DB get away with pawing at a receiver like a drunk Ben Roethlisberger at a sorority house because it's late in the game or the game has been physical.

It's not to take anything away from the Ravens, who had a great playoff run, but I don't see how such a clear holding of a receiver's arm during a throw to him doesn't merit a flag.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

If it's a flag in the f*cking Fiesta Bowl (five seconds after the pass is incomplete) it better be a damn flag in the Super Bowl. (signed, the still bitter Miami fan)

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

dbdynsty25 wrote:If it's a flag in the f*cking Fiesta Bowl (five seconds after the pass is incomplete) it better be a damn flag in the Super Bowl. (signed, the still bitter Miami fan)
The Fiesta Bowl was far less of a flag. :wink:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Brando70 wrote:I just don't agree with letting a DB get away with pawing at a receiver like a drunk Ben Roethlisberger at a sorority house because it's late in the game or the game has been physical.

It's not to take anything away from the Ravens, who had a great playoff run, but I don't see how such a clear holding of a receiver's arm during a throw to him doesn't merit a flag.
No you mean you don't agree with it in the moment. Because if you didn't agree with it period you would have complaints about a half dozen patterns being run by Baltimore wide outs and likely the same with SF wide outs during the course of the game. The hit on Flacco was clearly a penalty, 15 yards makes it likely they score a TD there, you are ok with that? Apparently offense holding was eliminated from the officiating playbook this year because the SF OL got away with it much of the game.

My point is that was going on all game and wasn't being called. It's only the moment that heightens the attention being paid. Frankly it was far more egregiousness in other instances during the game but no attention was called to it. In this situation Crabtree initiated the contact trying to get the flag when if he just ran the route correctly it might of been a touchdown.

The officiating was consistent all night which is what you want as a coach. If cry baby b*tch Harbaugh can't take it like a man then he can go f***in cry in the corner.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:The officiating was consistent all night which is what you want as a coach. If cry baby b*tch Harbaugh can't take it like a man then he can go f***in cry in the corner.
Too me both coaches looked like cry baby b*tches throughout the entire game. They need to put a stop to that crap like they are trying to do in the NBA (unsuccessfully I would say).

warnerwlf98
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by warnerwlf98 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:If it's a flag in the f*cking Fiesta Bowl (five seconds after the pass is incomplete) it better be a damn flag in the Super Bowl. (signed, the still bitter Miami fan)
Amen . . . PI in the end zone on 4th down in overtime? That was 11 years ago, but it still leaves a sore spot . . . (and I'm bitter too.)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

If the Percy Harvin deal to the Hawks is indeed a done deal, the 49'ers may just have a team following up their arse. If he stays healthy, Percy would be another great target for R. Wilson.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

That's a great get but pretty steep price in terms of draft picks.

But they could have tried to sign Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings outright, not surrender any draft picks, unless they really expect him to do a lot of returns too.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

wco81 wrote:That's a great get but pretty steep price in terms of draft picks.

But they could have tried to sign Mike Wallace or Greg Jennings outright, not surrender any draft picks, unless they really expect him to do a lot of returns too.
I don't know, I think the Dolphins are interested in Wallace too and if Minny manages to outbid them they will be paying more per year for his services than a dynamic dude like Harvin brings to the table. Sydney Rice was a great pick up for the Seahawks too from the Vikes, not too worried about the picks.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

10spro wrote:I don't know, I think the Dolphins are interested in Wallace too and if Minny manages to outbid them they will be paying more per year for his services than a dynamic dude like Harvin brings to the table. Sydney Rice was a great pick up for the Seahawks too from the Vikes, not too worried about the picks.
Please please please do not sign Wallace or Jennings for over 8 mil per. I'm terrified the Dolphins are going to make that mistake, especially now that the Vikings will be bidding them up. I say they collude and come up with some agreement. You get Jennings, I'll take Wallace...or whatever. That way neither overpays for either of those overrated WRs.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I'm also against the Dolphins signing Wallace or any FA for HUGE money. But since the Dolphins owner has been losing attention to the Heat I think the Dolphins will overspend on Wallace or whoever they are looking at. It would be better to target a #1 WR in the draft, move up if you have to.

I'm glad they resigned Hartline and Moore but bummed they are letting Reggie Bush go. I thought they poorly utilized his skills last year.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:I'm glad they resigned Hartline and Moore but bummed they are letting Reggie Bush go. I thought they poorly utilized his skills last year.
Lamar Miller is why they did it. Just wait, you'll be surprised when he gets more run next year. He and Thomas are fine RBs to carry the load. Especially if Miami signs a WR and a TE (Cook please??) and turn into a more pass oriented team. No need to spend 6-8 mil on Reggie Bush.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Harvin is a fantastic athlete and he was hampered by poor QB play in Minnesota, but how do you give up a first-rounder for him, not to mention two additional picks? He's not even a top 20 receiver. The Seahawks are definitely better with him, but that seems like a classic overpay for a guy with more potential than performance.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Brando70 wrote:Harvin is a fantastic athlete and he was hampered by poor QB play in Minnesota, but how do you give up a first-rounder for him, not to mention two additional picks? He's not even a top 20 receiver. The Seahawks are definitely better with him, but that seems like a classic overpay for a guy with more potential than performance.
Well he's also an asshole...so that's a problem too. We'll call it the Brandon Marshall career arc. Great when things are good, but a prick when they aren't. Apparently Harvin just b*tched and complained about Ponder incessantly. You're right, a 1st is a bit much when you add in a few later round picks. But to me, for a team that's as good as the Seahawks, it's not that big of a price to pay for a quality receiver. I think Harvin, if healthy, is a top 15 guy. That's worth a 1st to me. Plus, he's only 24 years old...so he's just now entering the prime of his career. The bump to Russell Wilson will be huge. If he stays healthy...Harvin will be a fantastic pick up.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Rodster wrote:I'm glad they resigned Hartline and Moore but bummed they are letting Reggie Bush go. I thought they poorly utilized his skills last year.
Lamar Miller is why they did it. Just wait, you'll be surprised when he gets more run next year. He and Thomas are fine RBs to carry the load. Especially if Miami signs a WR and a TE (Cook please??) and turn into a more pass oriented team. No need to spend 6-8 mil on Reggie Bush.
I really like Miller, Thomas is injury prone. I would have liked if the Phins last year had utilized Bush more in the short passing game to take advantage of his speed and moves. I must admit I was really surprised how well Reggie held up as being the featured back.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Fitzpatrick getting released has to give PK a semi.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Oh boy...Wallace has agreed to a 5 year deal in Miami (terms not disclosed until he passes his physical). Ugh.

I like him don't get me wrong, just not at the price I'm expecting. If it's less than 5 and 45 million with around 10 mil guaranteed, it'll be okay, but I"m fulling expecting 5/60 w/ 20 guaranteed.

EDIT: s***. 30 mil guaranteed has leaked already.

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by icvu42 »

I don't mind the Fins signing Wallace. They need a deep threat. And he is young.

But if the Dolphins plan on doing anything next year, they need to get some DB's and Safeties. Their pass defense was horrible last year!

Rick

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

5 years - $60 million. Oh and about $30 mill guaranteed. :lol:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Fitzpatrick getting released has to give PK a semi.
Nah. A full-on. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I'm reading via the Miami Herald that Jared Cook is deep in negotiation with the Dolphins, should make db happy !

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Here's the thing about Harvin. Was he the most immediate necessity for this young core of players entering their prime? No. Is he worth a 1st rounder? Yes. Considering that the most pressing need for the Hawks is a pass rusher DT and their pick is 25th overall, chances are that the 3 top DT's would be long gone before their first pick and not because they gave away their 1st pick.

Have they maximized the value of that potential 1st rounder. Absolutely. He maybe a jackass but he's a big play threat and P. Carroll coached him back in college so he knows who's he dealing with.

My only concern is how well he'll perform after his ankle injury, but he's still very young.