NFL Season 2012-2013

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL Season 2012-2013

Post by RobVarak »

I rarely align myself with the Meatball Bears Fans voting block, but...

Pretty sure that I haven't disliked a Bear as much as Kellen Davis in at least 10 years. There have been worse players for sure, but he is just such an utter bag of $hit!
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Blame Martz for running Olsen out of town. I'd rather have a TE who can catch the ball and not run block than 3 TE who can't catch and can't run block.

Tonight's a prime example of why I won't let myself get excited about this season. They will make the playoffs but they aren't winning anything with this offense. We're 9 games in what you see is what you get.

Still sticking with my pre-season pick of a Broncos superbowl.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Not sure I'd take anything in that slop tonight and against a very good Texan team. Soldier is always a horrible field to play on and add some rain and wind and it's just not enjoyable football. Bears fans can chill now and move on to next week. Now if only Cutler can play.

Oh yeah, nice catch in the end zone BMarsh. LOL. No bigger enigma.

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

I'm with DB (except for the Marshall dig which, while understandable, is just sour grapes after all). Not too worried by this game except for the obvious Cutler worry.

Texans are damn good. While the field obviously slowed down their DL, it was nice to see that Tice was able to scheme to help protect Cutler as well. Smart 2x teams, boots etc. were doing a nice job. They should have had a few more scores early, but the Bush fumble and the INT intended for Davis (which Collinsworth blamed on illegal contact but I saw as Davis not sticking out his route) cost them.

Even with an unprepared QB on a terrible field it was a close game against one of the handful of best teams in the league. Nothing to get all that worked up about overall...except for Davis. :evil:
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Too bad that two very good teams had to play in that shithole last night. Having played in the NFL for a brief time in '81, it really screws up good games when the weather is like it was last night. I know Bears fans like their Soldier Field and I respect the history of the place, but with two 7-1 teams playing on Sunday night in prime time, I would rather have seen two of the best slug it out with decent conditions instead of the slippery hell-hole that Soldier was last night. I don't pretend to have all the answers, but last night's game was really awful even though the Texans won. I don't think we learned too much about either team last night in that mess. I think the Bears are going to be just fine and hope Cutler is back sooner than later.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

How did the Rams blow that game? I'm still stunned on that illegal formation on the game winning FG.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

DivotMaker wrote:Too bad that two very good teams had to play in that shithole last night. Having played in the NFL for a brief time in '81, it really screws up good games when the weather is like it was last night. I know Bears fans like their Soldier Field and I respect the history of the place, but with two 7-1 teams playing on Sunday night in prime time, I would rather have seen two of the best slug it out with decent conditions instead of the slippery hell-hole that Soldier was last night. I don't pretend to have all the answers, but last night's game was really awful even though the Texans won. I don't think we learned too much about either team last night in that mess. I think the Bears are going to be just fine and hope Cutler is back sooner than later.
That's why the Super Bowl is played in warm weather or covered stadiums.

As for the cold weather tradition, if they could build domed stadiums back in the '40s, that tradition may never have developed.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I was at the Texans-Bears game and it was the first time I ever yearned for an indoor stadium, because the misting rain was far more annoying than any snow or cold I've experienced there. But I think last night's game was a product of two teams having far greater defensive than offensive capabilities. The weather just slopped it up more than usual.

What last night showed me is that the Bears can play with anyone because of their defense and lose to anyone because of their offense. I was talking with friends about this team vs. the 2005 Super Rexers. This defense is better overall, but that offense was better because it had a real offensive line. It pains me to see this defense and the best receiver I have ever seen in a Bears uniform get possibly wasted because the line has trouble pass blocking and getting any push with running plays. That's the real difference between the Texans and Bears: Houston consistently opens up holes for Foster and gives Schaub time most of the time. It seems like when the Bears o-line does something right it's because of a lucky random dice roll.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

MizzouRah wrote:How did the Rams blow that game? I'm still stunned on that illegal formation on the game winning FG.
That was a delay of game on the winning FG. ( THE "WE" WAITED TIL AFTER THE PLAY TO CALL ILLEGAL FORMATION WAS MADE ON THE 70 plus YD PASS TO AMENDOLA ON THE FIRST PLAY OF OT) That brain dead sack of s*** fischer let the clock run out without calling a time out.

The amazing part is this same brain dead asshole called a timeout when the Rams got first and goal at the whiner 3 with over a minute to go and all time outs remaining in regulation. The mother f***in moron raced to call the time out the whiners would have called. In essence the scumbag saved the f***in game for the other team in regulation.

This f*** deserves any and all abuse for what has to be the worst clock / situation management in Ram history.

ASSHOLE!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Fishers clock management this year has been beyond turrible, I'd say its almost a lack of caring like he is thinking how can I get out of this coaching gig. He wasn't this dumb before.

I expect on the last game of the year he will make some bone headed clock management move to lose the game then come onto the field with NWO music blaring and rip off his shirt to reveal a cowboys t-shirt and be announced as the next head coach. :D
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

The scumbag is all the proof you need that those blows to the head do take a major toll.

"No second-guessing, no," Fisher said. "People can second-guess that, whatever you want. I think I have a pretty good feel for clock management.

I am so scared. This guy needs to be committed.

WillHunting
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by WillHunting »

Fisher is one of the most overrated coaches, not Rex Ryan.
+++++++++++++++
Gamertag: The Praxis
+++++++++++++++

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

WillHunting wrote:Fisher is one of the most overrated coaches, not Rex Ryan.
How is he overrated? I think he's doing a hell of a job with the Rams. I don't care what anyone says. This Rams team has s*** for players for the most part and at least we can hang with the 49ers. Any other year previous, they kill us. I wouldn't want Rex Ryan if he coached the Rams for free.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

MizzouRah wrote:
WillHunting wrote:Fisher is one of the most overrated coaches, not Rex Ryan.
How is he overrated? I think he's doing a hell of a job with the Rams. I don't care what anyone says. This Rams team has s*** for players for the most part and at least we can hang with the 49ers. Any other year previous, they kill us. I wouldn't want Rex Ryan if he coached the Rams for free.
He is certainly not overrated by me. 8)

Its been a double edged sword for me. I like that the Rams are now in most games but I cant stand to see wins pissed away the way Fisher wet the bed on sunday.

I will admit I prefer being able to rant about a near win than about a 30 point loss but cmon that game sunday is just just just just...

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

XXXIV wrote:
He is certainly not overrated by me. 8)

Its been a double edged sword for me. I like that the Rams are now in most games but I cant stand to see wins pissed away the way Fisher wet the bed on sunday.

I will admit I prefer being able to rant about a near win than about a 30 point loss but cmon that game sunday is just just just just...
That comes with being a crappy team. :P Next season, we don't lose games like that. :)

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Well Tannehill has certainly gotten worse as the season has gone on. Good times in Miami.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Well Tannehill has certainly gotten worse as the season has gone on. Good times in Miami.
At least you're not having mediocre offenses hanging 55 on you.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Maybe Mario Williams really was hurt. He played his best game in a Bills' uniform last night after having wrist surgery during the bye week.

I'm also happy that America got to see the best-kept secret among NFL safeties -- Jairus Byrd. Dude is a fine player.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

If Bess had simply put his arms up in the air on that first pick near the end of the game on the sideline a la Mario Manningham in the Super Bowl, we'd be talking about what a gorgeous throw Tannehill made on a game-winning drive. Instead, Bess is staring at Byrd because he's about to get lit up, and just watches Byrd make a back-breaking pick (which was a fantastic individual play in itself, but shouldn't have been possible with even a minor amount of effort from Bess).

No excuse on the poor throw behind Bess on the next drive, but that should have been a huge momentum moment for the Fins. Instead, it took all the wind out of their sails and it was time to stick a fork in 'em.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Same old sorry ass lambs. Now back to losing to garbage teams.

Then right before half they have another return called back on a bs call. Was such a sweet TD. Shameful. Its exhausting to watch this stuff.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Sporano just sodomized the genius fisher on that third and goal draw play.

Talk about being abused. Fisher. You poor thing.

Still a quarter to play and only down 13. 8)

EDIT: After the rams fumble and turn it over the d has the Jets and a third and long. Once again Fisher is abused. Setting up yet another Jet TD. These are the Jets . No?
OMG!

If the NFL wants to do concussion studies. Just give fisher a lobotomy. There is something seriously wrong.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Jacksonville is on their way to upsetting Houston. What a DISGRACEFUL display of overlooking your competition by Houston. f***in pathetic Gary Kubiak, Wade Phillips and staff.....

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

XXXIV wrote:Same old sorry ass lambs. Now back to losing to garbage teams.

Then right before half they have another return called back on a bs call. Was such a sweet TD. Shameful. Its exhausting to watch this stuff.
2nd most penalties in the league.. just horrible.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

DivotMaker wrote:Jacksonville is on their way to upsetting Houston. What a DISGRACEFUL display of overlooking your competition by Houston. f***in pathetic Gary Kubiak, Wade Phillips and staff.....
Love the spirit. Maybe a bit too happy with beating the Bears but they still have time.

Roughing the passer and intentional grounding on the same play. Goodell you are a funny guy.

Fisher that two point was so if you failed two TDs would only tie the game? This sick bastard needs immediate treatment..... Can the Rams get their money back when they let the moron go? He is clearly damaged goods.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Would help if we had a QB.. I just don't know about Bradford. Amendola is hurt just about every week too, that doesn't help.