NCAA Football 13

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NCAA Football 13

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Yeah the deep passing is definitely broken. I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to play this game against the CPU until its fixed. I guess I can just play the heisman challenges and the road to glory mode...which are definitely on the lower end of my enjoyment scale when it comes to the game. Oh well.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Basically, in 11, any vertical play with one receiver slanting long in the middle leaves him wide open. You can convert 3rd and 20's all day. And usually, it goes for a TD. It was always obvious who was exploiting this, because their 3rd and 4th receivers were putting up 1500 yard seasons.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Picked up 11 and it looks great compared to 13. TEsted passing def CPU and its much better than 13 right off the bat. I get good db coverage on my Wrs if I go long and can't get as open as 13.

The best thing 11 has is CPU lb coverage. Even better than m12! In M12 I can audible to a inside slant and get a catch most of the time. In NCAA 11 the lb just stops those slants with aggressive play.

Downside of 11 is it plays really stiff and slow. Otherwise I'll be enjoying it.

TheGamer
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheGamer »

Absolutely sucks that you can't export rosters to Madden.
XBL gamertag:SecondACR Vet
PSN: BHoward1
http://community.2ksports.com/community ... id=1010465
http://twitter.com/ BradHowardSr

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'm 2 game away from leading Michigan to a perfect season and a championship bid. Of course those final 2 games are against OSU and Wisconsin I think. Almost lost to Iowa last night because I couldn't stop their RB he was a beast out of the backfield and catching the ball. I really like where my sliders are at which sound silly being undefeated but I am running a Northwestern Dynasty with the same set and I am 4-6.

Who knows if I'll play it once Madden comes out but right now still digging it, warts and all. Hopefully the 2nd patch delivers the fixed safety play which would eliminate a big issue.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I'm going to rant a moment.

I love playing video game football. I HATE that so much of this 'fantasy football' nonsense has invaded console video game football. I understand I'm likely in a minority, but still. Why in the hell can't they just include a simple 'season' mode anymore? No, I've got to wade through all this recruiting crap, and, even if I choose to 'skip' it, the engine runs what seems like a 5 minute automatic thing that calculates this and that, and the other...

It annoys me. I would love to take a team through a season without having to deal with salary caps, or trades, or spending an hour picking through stupid questions to ask high school kids, or creating such a candy-laden scenario so as to get a kid to go to a school. Or having to sit and watch the computer compute all that crap I just skipped, wasting time.

I've never been the least bit interested in all that crap. I just want to play video game football. When I FINALLY get on the field, I enjoy playing the games. But if I simply want to play football, I can't play a season. I have instant play, or mascot BS.

Bring back a simple SEASON mode, please.

End rant.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Yeah, all I do is play the games.. I have the CPU do all the recruiting and what not - but it does take time after each game.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I also find the recruiting after each week in the college game to be a PITA. I am just about to set it on full auto in Online Dynasty.

I don't mind in the pro-game since its mostly done once between seasons. It was fun in NBA 2K12 building my dream team Knicks over several seasons. I'm looking forward to seeing how the free agency and draft is implemented in Madden 13

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I'm weird. I set my recruiting to Heisman, and I love the scouting and phone calls. I swear that my desire to get one more game in is related more to seeing how well my pitches and visits went than playing the game. :oops:

It is a times suck, though, even if you sip it. I think it used to be faster if you were offline. But I think the real issue is that the updates require the game to sim the scores when you roll rather than during your week. And while the updates a neat in theory, they mostly waste my time, and often forces the game to skip what would be a cool replay of the MY GAME.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Teal if you don't care about all of that then why not just play one off games following your teams schedule?
Follow Me on:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I can do that, of course, but it's not really the same thing, nor the point. A season mode, just setting up a season, even scheduling year to year, is almost an afterthought. In the early days of the recruiting stuff, it was simpler. Maybe not as 'true to life' but simpler. I actually got hooked on it. Now, it's just a cumbersome mess to me.

But I just don't have the time or inclination to do all that. I want to get in a game, save it, and be done. Instead, I have to either play fantasy football, or watch the computer do it.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

I don't get it. You can just ignore the recruiting stuff completely, and the bonus is that if you do roll over into the next season you will have player restocking pretty much done for you so you won't be completely screwed. I realize it takes a while to advance the week, but it would take a while anyway even if it were only simming out all the games.

What I don't like is that the game is much less snappy in the actual games than Madden. It takes me longer to play a game of this with 6 minute quarters than it did to play the 10 minute quarter games of Madden in our online franchise, mostly due to the bits of time I can't skip while watching players walk around after a play. Maybe if I set the offensive tempo to conservative from the get go each game it would be a bit quicker, but I never have enough time to even motion a guy when I only have 11 seconds left when I get to the line so I don't like that unless I'm really in 'run out the clock' mode.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

I know, Zepp, but when I advance to the next week, I have time to go get a beer...from the tavern down the street! :lol:

I appreciate the effort to increase the immersion factor, but the studio updates need to be toggle-able. I hate those damned things. Reece Davis needs a muzzle.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Hope that safety fix comes soon, Dan. The AI deep passing defense in this game is beyond bad. I had Geno Smith of West Virginia throw for 530 yards last night in a loss to Virginia Tech, and I wasn't even trying to cheese the game.

Poor AI deep pass defense is about the only game-breaking flaw I can find in this game. Dig it otherwise.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote:Hope that safety fix comes soon, Dan. The AI deep passing defense in this game is beyond bad. I had Geno Smith of West Virginia throw for 530 yards last night in a loss to Virginia Tech, and I wasn't even trying to cheese the game.
While I agree what's your average time in the pocket? Something tells me if you haven't messed with those sliders then you're getting 8-9 seconds. Try messing with them so you're getting 4-5 seconds it makes being able to throw the deep ball every pass play far less of an option.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:
pk500 wrote:Hope that safety fix comes soon, Dan. The AI deep passing defense in this game is beyond bad. I had Geno Smith of West Virginia throw for 530 yards last night in a loss to Virginia Tech, and I wasn't even trying to cheese the game.
While I agree what's your average time in the pocket? Something tells me if you haven't messed with those sliders then you're getting 8-9 seconds. Try messing with them so you're getting 4-5 seconds it makes being able to throw the deep ball every pass play far less of an option.
Good tip. Will try that. Thanks!

P.S.: Can you PM me the sliders you're using, if you get a chance? Much appreciated.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Post them here Danimal.. let's check them out!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'll try and remember to post them tonight guys. Honestly I don't have a computer near my main 360 so I'll need to bring my iPad down and remember to post them.

Just a warning I like things on the tough side. I'm also not going to post penalty sliders because they are subjective and mostly useless. For example if you bump roughing the QB to 54 or higher you get a ton of those calls. Anything lower you get none so it depends what you like.
Follow Me on:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Tougher is fine, I'm 5-0 with Mizzou in the SEC. ;)

I'd admit though.. most of them have been very close.

icvu42
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by icvu42 »

I saw that the patch has been released and am curious to how the gameplay is now.

I am debating whther to get this or Madden when it comes out in a few weeks.

Rick

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Question: Does loading the game to the HDD do anything to stop the ridiculous pauses during gameplay? I'm having a blast with the game, but those damned stutters are getting on my nerves.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Nope, I've had the silly pauses with every EA football game of the past 3 or 4 years. All installed to the HDD on multiple 360's. Currently I play on one of 3 in the house, and they all do the same thing with completely different TV's and consoles.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I fired up NCAA 13 tonight and was asked for my EA Online Pass. I entered the pass code inside my game case the night I brought the game home on release day more than a month ago.

What the f*ck is going on? Can anyone help?

Thanks.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I had that happen before. Simply go to Settings in your dashboard.

Then go to Account.

Download History.

Scroll down until you see the NCAA Football 13 Online Pass and hit A.

Re-download again.

Done!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Thanks! I'll use that tip if it happens again.

I just cleared my Xbox cache and restarted the machine, and everything was fine.