Madden NFL 13

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Madden NFL 13

Post by Danimal »

This info is out early, EA conference is at 4 pm.

Part 2 is of interest to online franchise guys like me, well hell everyone

Part 3 is about the new physics engine.

http://www.gamesradar.com/box-score-podcast-011/
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden NFL 13

Post by Danimal »

Connected Careers you can set up a league where half the people are coaches, half play games, or some just play QB while others do the whole thing. **faints**
Follow Me on:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It apparently has Kinect support. Curious how that will pan out.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

showing video fo the rtp (infinity engine) right now looks kind of cool.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Follow Me on:

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Danimal wrote:Connected Careers you can set up a league where half the people are coaches, half play games, or some just play QB while others do the whole thing. **faints**
That is really awesome. I think coach-only would be a lot of fun and also make the CPU games more challenging (not that I was very good against the AI in 12!)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Here is a blog on connected careers.

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news ... unity-blog
Follow Me on:

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Danimal wrote:http://youtu.be/dQ9Kpmd60qQ

RTP
At first, I thought you wrote RIP. I thought you were writing the game off already. :D
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Murph wrote:

RTP
At first, I thought you wrote RIP. I thought you were writing the game off already. :D
No I've been waiting for this info to be released for 2 months. If it is everything I was told it is suppose to be then OF is going to be awesome
Follow Me on:

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

RTP
So the guy actually says, straight up, it's "an animation driven physics engine." I can only imagine he meant to say the opposite, but who can tell?

And judging from the hilarious examples of zany antics we saw in FIFA this year, I cannot wait to see the hilarity uncorked in this game due to this new player interaction system.

But snarkiness aside, it should be a really good change for the game just as it was for FIFA. I'm a little worried that he mentions you now have to jump over guys on the ground in the running game as if that's a positive. We've been through that element being required and removed and back and forth over the years and I've always like it much better when it's more automatic because the timing can be so tough, and few things are as frustrating as being tackled by a guy lying down on his face, but we'll see.
Last edited by Zeppo on Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Like any team sports game, proper AI will determine the realism of this game -- even for multiplayer. Nothing is more frustrating than seeing players out of human control doing stupid things, even if the game has incredible graphics or an improved physics engine.

That's what drove me nuts about FIFA 12 and NHL 12. Improved control, physics and graphics, but the AI still sucked.

I hope for better for Madden 13.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Danimal wrote:showing video fo the rtp (infinity engine) right now looks kind of cool.
As usual, I get disappointed that I hear it won't be in NCAA
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

You can purchase a package that will give you more favorable odds of re-signing him. You can also buy packages that enhance your progression and a certain position or talk a guy out of retirement. There are literally dozens of way you can customize the growth of your team.

Looks like the integrate more microsales into the game. I hope it's not where you lose players or players artificially play different to force people to buy packs. But it's EA so who knows.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

JRod wrote:You can purchase a package that will give you more favorable odds of re-signing him. You can also buy packages that enhance your progression and a certain position or talk a guy out of retirement. There are literally dozens of way you can customize the growth of your team.

Looks like the integrate more microsales into the game. I hope it's not where you lose players or players artificially play different to force people to buy packs. But it's EA so who knows.
You know when he said buy they were talking about with the XP you earn in the game right?
Follow Me on:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I'm with ya Murph...I hate that NCAA is always a generation behind Madden when it comes to the new features. That physics engine looks pretty sweet and it'll probably actually fix a lot of the crap that has always plagued the EA football games, but of course, waiting a year for NCAA and of course the Vita is going to put a severe damper on it. Oh well...there's always next year.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news ... loper-blog

Probably the best explanation of Connected Careers.

Thank god I will no longer have to come up with systems for free agency in our online franchise
Follow Me on:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Great news.. not going to buy yet. Like PK said, NHL 12 had this great physics engine and the game was flat out boring.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Ok, I did check it out on Amazon and there's a $15 gift card for purchasing.. can I hold off? :lol:

I could put that towards NHL 13 assuming the new physics won't be as wonky as FIFA 12? Although I have to really see more of NHL 13 in action.

NCAA 13 is the only one I know I'll play the heck out of, even if it doesn't have the new physics engine.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Danimal wrote:http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news ... loper-blog

Probably the best explanation of Connected Careers.

Thank god I will no longer have to come up with systems for free agency in our online franchise
I really like where they are going with franchise. Being able to have real trading will make it a lot easier to stay interested in an online franchise even after a bad season.

I have never read anything for an upcoming Madden that got me as jazzed as this. Of course, it's EA so we'll see if they can execute it, but given that I liked last year's game, this bodes well.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I'm waiting for the Season Ticket to try Madden. NCAA 13 is a Day 1 purchase.

My guess is that the physics engine will mostly result in Backbreakerish glitch videos.

NHL 13 will be Day 1, too.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Brando70 wrote:I have never read anything for an upcoming Madden that got me as jazzed as this. Of course, it's EA so we'll see if they can execute it, but given that I liked last year's game, this bodes well.
But then again EA changing engines in one year is an awfully scary proposition. It's not like we haven't seen a ton of animation issues in the past and I think with a new engine we are going to see a ton again...like it was the launch of the Xbox 360 all over again.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Brando70 wrote:I have never read anything for an upcoming Madden that got me as jazzed as this. Of course, it's EA so we'll see if they can execute it, but given that I liked last year's game, this bodes well.
But then again EA changing engines in one year is an awfully scary proposition. It's not like we haven't seen a ton of animation issues in the past and I think with a new engine we are going to see a ton again...like it was the launch of the Xbox 360 all over again.
I don't think they have done all this in just a year. There's so much stuff they have announced that I can't see how they did all that in a year. Given that there were not very many changes between Madden 10 and Madden 12, I think some of these features have been in development for at least a couple of years.

Like I said, it's EA so I will always be skeptical, but since I enjoyed Madden 10 and 12 so much, I'm also hopeful.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Brando70 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:
I don't think they have done all this in just a year. There's so much stuff they have announced that I can't see how they did all that in a year.
In yesterdays Madden podcast, they said that they have been working on it for the past two years.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Well then I guess we'll see how it goes. Severely skeptical and I am pretty sure it's going to break some other stuff. One step forward two steps back for EA Sports during this generation of consoles. It's really bizarre that it's been that way with a company with the resources EA has.