Madden NFL 13

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Madden NFL 13

Post by MizzouRah »

I'm sorry EA, maybe this game does play like real life. Megatron was non-exsistant vs the Rams and Stafford threw 3 picks, just like my game vs them. :)

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Not on the basis of preference between college and pro ball, but on the merits...

...which plays a better game of football? Madden or NCAA?
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Teal wrote:Not on the basis of preference between college and pro ball, but on the merits...

I've owned both games since July, and the choice is Madden, hands down.

No long-pass bug, better DB play, new physics engine creates more realism, fewer suction blocks and one-armed mystery tackles, noticeable difference with ability of star players, linebackers actually lead teams in tackles instead of DB's, etc.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

pk500 wrote:
Teal wrote:Not on the basis of preference between college and pro ball, but on the merits...

I've owned both games since July, and the choice is Madden, hands down.

No long-pass bug, better DB play, new physics engine creates more realism, fewer suction blocks and one-armed mystery tackles, noticeable difference with ability of star players, linebackers actually lead teams in tackles instead of DB's, etc.
According to the demo, I just wasn't a fan of the goofiness and unengaged nature of the tackles. Yes, there was more randomness to them, but that randomness, by nature, included some really bizarre tackles. Did they fix the 'everyone tripping over everyone else' stuff? NCAA's tackles, while not as random, just felt more like tackles than the demo. Thoughts?

I ask because, well...if you've SEEN Auburn this year, um...not much motivation to play as my favorite team right now...lol. So I'm jonesing for a little Carolina Cam action...

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

The engine is a lot more polished than the demo but you will still see goofy s***, but most of it is post play in my experience.

Again on the field I don't think there has ever been a better game of football. However the off the field CCM stuff is an unpolished mess. Hoping a patch takes care of those problems
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

If CCM refers to all the off-the-field management nonsense, I don't do that, anyway. I just want to play football.

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by kevinpars »

Despite my criticisms, the pick up and play portion of this game does play a good game of football. The gameplay in CCM is a little problematic but still better than NCAA. Patch comes out tomorrow supposedly.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

You'd have a blast playing with Carolina. The playbook has a handful of plays specially designed for Cam's run-pass ability, just like in real life.

The consensus also is that Play Now is the most polished, well-rounded mode in Madden 13, at least before this week's patch. So another plus for you.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I still prefer NCAA, but I'm more of a college fan anyway. I don't see the star player separate in Madden, but I've only played maybe 7-8 games while I await a patch.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

pk500 wrote:You'd have a blast playing with Carolina. The playbook has a handful of plays specially designed for Cam's run-pass ability, just like in real life.

The consensus also is that Play Now is the most polished, well-rounded mode in Madden 13, at least before this week's patch. So another plus for you.
Sweet.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Do keep in mind that late game clock management by the CPU is broken. Hopefully that gets fixed in the first patch!

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

sportdan30 wrote:Do keep in mind that late game clock management by the CPU is broken. Hopefully that gets fixed in the first patch!
An example where bad cpu clock management kept my sanity:

In the solo challenges in an ultimate team game against the cpu Bengals I had lost to them 3 times already and in the 4th game I was down 7-3 with under a minute to go in the game, I throw an int inside my 40 yard line and have no time outs left so the cpu can just run out the clock. I am beyond frustrated after the pick and leave the room to save my controller from being thrown against the wall, but then a few seconds later I hear the crowd cheering, come back in the room and the Bengals have thrown a int and I have the ball again at my 18. First play from me after that ends up being an 82 td yard pass and I get the win 10-7. :)
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

So I started a single player CCM with the Bears and lost Forte and Tillman for the year in pre-season had to put them bot on IR.

Lets see what happens next.

PK didn't forget about the sliders wasn't near the Xbox this weekend.
Follow Me on:

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

What sliders? I've been looking for that post and didn't see one. Been trying to test different slider sets and was waiting to see what yours were like. Did you post them somewhere I missed?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

No I didn't post will post tonight.

Patch announced for tomorrow. Those of you hoping for a fix on importing your Gameface will be happy the rest of us, we're f***ed.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:PK didn't forget about the sliders wasn't near the Xbox this weekend.
No worries, man. At your convenience. Thanks.

JRod
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by JRod »

CCM online plays different after the weekend. I can't say if this is just the placebo effect but it certainly feels different. Seems like the CPU is slightly better at running.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Game is $49.99 this week at target for those still on the fence and don't want to spend full price.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Well, patch update #2 is out but doesn't resolve the CPU clock management issues along with a numnber of other CC offline and online issues. Think I'm going to hold off on purchasing this title for a while. NHL 13, Fifa 13, and NBA 2K13 should keep me occupied until the big patch comes out next month.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Given the vague wording of this patch, I don't think it fixes a lot of gameplay issues.

I've played three games in my All-Pro Chargers career and so far the CPU hasn't been able to run worth a damn. They keep trying, but the issue seems to be they take way too many tackles for a loss, especially on runs outside the tackles. I've faced McFadden, Chris Johnson, and Michael Turner, all rated pretty highly in the game, and the CPU is averaging under three yards per carry. I'm going to try tweaking my break block settings to see if the CPU can hold blocks better.

I like this game, it's a very good Madden game, but I'm not sure how long its legs will be for me. There just is not much of a dynamic feel to the off-field part of the game, to the point where I'm already finding myself wanting to skip a lot of that stuff just so I can play the next game. Amazes me how much more I am engaged by an ancient text sim like Front Office Football or even Head Coach 09 than I am by Madden's CCM stuff. Scouting is a chore, practice is boring, the XP system doesn't really fit the concept of developing players, and even little things like how much of a pain it is to scroll through a players attributes is annoying. For all the improvements, this franchise still feels way behind games like The Show and NBA 2k.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Shocking announcement coming from Josh Looman and the Madden gang tonight or tomorrow.....That according to Steve @ OS.

"While he wouldn’t be specific in terms of what the suprise announcement was, he stated that the Connected Careers team has been working very hard and has a “shock” worthy reveal up their sleave that they plan to announce either tonight or tomorrow. And this isn’t something we’ll have to wait months to get our hands on either. Josh quickly added that they hope to have it in the game within a weeks time from the announcement.

I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that whatever they are working on is much more than a mere roster update. Josh stated that he initially wasn’t sure if this would be something they would be able to get done in time, but thanks to the dilligent effort of he and his team, it became clear that the feature was on track to becoming possible sooner rather than later."

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Madden $43.73 right now on Amazon.com.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Inuyasha wrote:Madden $43.73 right now on Amazon.com.
Competitive price. Overall rating at Amazon is two stars!

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

so the big news was that they added fantasy draft?

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Inuyasha wrote:so the big news was that they added fantasy draft?
Zzzzz, what a disappointment. How about fixing the fatigue and substitution issues.