F1 Friday: 5/18

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

F1 Friday: 5/18

Post by Zeppo »

Folks:

Here we are at another Friday and that means it's time for some racin! Even without a lot of people last week, heck by the final laps I was all alone, it was pretty fun especially in the battle that was qualifying, but it sure isn't anything close to the total blast we have when a lot of us are filling up the grid and battling for pole in qualifying.

So let's get it started tonight at 10pm EDT. As always we will do 30% races with the 15 minute qualifying, rules and flags turned on, tire and fuel sim on, weather dynamic, cars set to 2011 Performance and you can pick whatever ride you like. I'm a bit up in the air about having a few AI cars set to Legend, so I'll have to think about that but outside of two driers I'll set the rest to Pro.

If we have a good turnout, we really should do Barcelona again for those who missed out. I think we should also do Istanbul, since this week there is no real life F1 race and Turkey is no longer on the F1 schedule.

Who's in?

Even if you can't make the first race, show up and join the party when you can and join in for the second race.

And Monaco is coming up soon on the real F1 schedule, so we will be running that one for that weekend, and no circuit requires more practice than that one. Just so you know ...

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: F1 Friday: 5/18

Post by Gurantsu »

I have a couple things going on earlier in the evening, but should be good to go for racing by ten.
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

WPatrick
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by WPatrick »

See you guys at 10.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I'll very likely be there... I've just got my new load cell installed in my Club Sport pedals for my Fanatec GT2. Got to connect everything back up and do some calibrations. I just hope it's going to fix the random braking action! I still suspect there's mechanical setup issue that's the underlying cause of the load cell's problems. I might be doing some spring tensioning before it's all said and done.

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

Unfortunately away from home so no f1 for me

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Still in Indy. Home May 28, weather permitting.

Have fun tonight and next Friday!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Gurantsu
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Gurantsu »

I'm out guys, I think my power supply took a crap on me. I'll have to try to snag one tomorrow.
2319!

Gamertag: "Gurantsu"

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I haven't had time to get my Club Sport pedals adjusted since replacing the load cell. I'm not even sure it's going to work. My only other option is to use my Microsoft Speed Wheel, but it doesn't have a provision for the headset, I won't be able to communicate in game. I'm a total hazard trying to race with the thumbstick, can't hold a line with it.

WPatrick
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by WPatrick »

I can't make it either.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

Is this over and done with then, chaps? Had I not got through my front door about 15 minutes before race time and popped the 360 on to have a look, Zep would have been there by himself at race time. With only two of us there, neither me nor Zep had any appetite to go racing.
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim