Warning re. EURO 2012 add-on for FIFA

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Warning re. EURO 2012 add-on for FIFA

Post by Blublub »

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1635131.page

Wish to hell I would've read this before I sprung for the DLC. I know there generally are a few licenses left out in something like this, but with only 29 licensed (and not even the two hosts) I can't help but think EA's trying to cut costs and hope nobody notices.

I'm still downloading at present so haven't tried, but I'd definitely recommend waiting a bit based on the initial comments.

Edit: There IS offline multiplayer.
Last edited by Blublub on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Warning re. EURO 2012 add-on for FIFA

Post by Macca00 »

Blub,

Thanks for the heads-up! Seems like some shithouse decision-making at EA HQ. Looking forward to some impressions (particularly with respect to the presentation).

L

Blublub
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Blublub »

The licensing issue is pathetic - I don't know a nicer way to put it. EA claims 29 of the 53 sides are licensed, but others have counted only 20. Russia, Poland, Ukraine, Wales are just some of the teams with fake kits and player names.

Gameplay seems to be a mixed bag. Some things seem to be improved over FIFA 12, such as bookings finally being given for AI fouls and a major nerfing of the touch shot (thank God!). The pace seems slower (on slow) and passes are not cut out as often or as cleanly by the AI. It feels quite a bit different from 12 and for the most part seems to be a step in the right direction.

On the other hand, there seems to be a good deal more button lag even in offline mode. The default camera angle is painfully low (easy enough to change). I'm not sure what they've done to the defending. Tactical defending is still the default but it doesn't really feel like it's turned on. I need to explore this further to see if I've missed a setting somewhere.

I was quickly dispatched from the Group of Death with the Germans and will need to play a few more matches to arrive at a more balanced opinion. I did see some variation in the style of play between the Dutch, Danes and Portuguese - that's encouraging.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Blub. Thanks for these initial impressions. Im wondering if you can confirm what, if any modes of the euro dlc are playable with online friends. Is it possible to play through the tournament with someone on your friends list? If not, is playing an exhibition game with friends possible.

Thanks and keep the impressions coming.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

Macca00 wrote:Blub,

Thanks for the heads-up! Seems like some shithouse decision-making at EA HQ. Looking forward to some impressions (particularly with respect to the presentation).

L
I received a justifiably pissed off text from a certain Ukrainian this afternoon. How did they screw up the licensing so badly?
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

rhymes450
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by rhymes450 »

The Tom Bramwell review at Eurogamer:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... 012-review